1st Journal Ever!

Bacondoggy

I been slacking I need to take some time organizing pics soon I will get my real phone back instead of the loaner and this will be that much better. I will enter other info later. This is one I didn't think would come up but it came up and the other didn't. With a surprisingly thick stalk for a seedling. This was day 3 of it being above round. As soon as I get nodes, im putting more dirt up to the fake leaves and do a 1/4 strength root booster. Mmm kelp masses, light stuff watered was down bit dont worry ill wait thinknits about 2 weeks old. When shouldni add more soil so its right up to the leaves?

420-magazine-mobile430148449.jpg

Glad to see you start a journal. Like Croatsan you can start the root booster right away. I would wait to put more soil in for now, but when she gets a little bigger and you cleanup the bottom you can slightly scrape what's going to get buried to help with root growth there. Keep up the good work

Hello :welcome: I'll subscribe and join in for the show. She looks great. Please give us all more information about your setup. I do also recommend getting PH meter of some kind and yellow and blue traps, it can save you much hustle.

Glad to see you start a journal. Like Croatsan you can start the root booster right away. I would wait to put more soil in for now, but when she gets a little bigger and you cleanup the bottom you can slightly scrape what's going to get buried to help with root growth there. Keep up the good work

Yes I agree. :thumb:

Happy growing! :Namaste:

Not sure what you mean by cleaning the bottom but which should I try the SNS roots veg (.04-.02-.2) or the Epsoma organic "start" (1-2-2)? Here are pics and should I add some moassess?

420-magazine-mobile367045889.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1701706732.jpg

Espoma has more humic acid also...

Once she grows to 4-5 nodes I trim the very bottom set of nodes off, if you plan to fill the pot with soil the bottom set or 2 will be covered by soil from the looks of it, you can also mound soil around the base. I would go with the sns imo. She will be OK holding off on the molasses for now.

Out of curiosity, why would you go with SNS? The other has more stuff in it and normal strength is 2-3 doses (20ml/ dose) a gal so 40-60ml a gallon. I was just going to put 15ml in half a gallon. Also the "start" has more humic acid in for the stupid tap water that has chlorimime in it.
Should I feed it 3x a week, and just a splash or drench the soil? (I have it in the sun all day but soil is still moist from days ago).
Should I cover up the stem all the way to the leaves just for now AND then feed it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Too late already gave her under 1/2 strength rooting ferts, and filled the good dirt up. Rooting fert should help a lot more roots grow where the stalk was which is why I did it. I used like 8 no in 1/4 gal.
420-magazine-mobile413785597.jpg

I do like the npk in this look how high the 2nd # is. That will come handy when right before bloom? Is that potassium anf k potash?
420-magazine-mobile1003631126.jpg

She's good right now. Let the pot get dryish before watering, don't want to drown the roots.

Yup, just stick you finger into the soil and feel it. Also let her grow some 5 fingered leaves before you cover her with more soil. She can grow more roots later. Soil holds the moisture quite well and she is small and not drinking much, you will gradually water and feed more often. Right now she will drain the nutes from the soil, is it some sterile medium or compost/garden soil? I would wait a week before first feed. Happy growing.

Yup, just stick you finger into the soil and feel it. Also let her grow some 5 fingered leaves before you cover her with more soil. She can grow more roots later. Soil holds the moisture quite well and she is small and not drinking much, you will gradually water and feed more often. Right now she will drain the nutes from the soil, is it some sterile medium or compost/garden soil? I would wait a week before first feed. Happy growing.
Well as you can see in the pic in above post, too late lol. And yeah I top after shes making good leaves so the split will be good

Sorry im so busy im behind here are the last 3 days. Mostly 22/2 right now but I take email outside for as much sun as possible
420-magazine-mobile936370666.jpg
420-magazine-mobile759006309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1144151904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1506092288.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1437285791.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2114198128.jpg
420-magazine-mobile940389560.jpg

I have it less then 1/4 strength of the start food booster. Its still hot in the day rare water even though that special soil holds water SUPER good I wait past just top drying out.

I dont know how to do a journal apparently. Lol

This was from another post but I figured it appropriate to my journal:

"Does your phone/tablet support Chrome? I like to use the "Request Desktop Site" setting and that to browse on mine."

**** I have a stupid loaner phone and pictures are horrible and it has Firefox. I so you like the desktop site better than the app??? Ill have to try it. ****

"Unfortunately your other questions are over my head. I'm guessing the superthrive has other bacterial inoculants in it that only need to be applied to the soil once for a living colony to form. I know of another product like that, it's like White Shark or something like that. That's just a quess though.

**** Superthrive I have heard so many contradictions on some say use it once and thats it but on the bottle it has a "weekly/monthly" ratio whatever that is but it says to apply to "thirsty" soil with or without other ferts, but then do not water for 24 hrs of application. This concerns me because arent you supposed to throughly water after applying ferts? While its derived from kelp and it'd NPK is 0.5-0-0, it also has vitamin B-1 (.09%) as an active ingredient inactive 1.8% isopropyl alcohol (why?), 2% glacial acetic acid (as a vinegar preservative) and a whopping 96.11% other ingredients (90% water probably LOL). I might put a drop on half a gallon since plant grew so fast. Gotta move the lights up leaves are SLIGHTLY burnt (it WAS inches below the top of the pot not even a week ago). I might give it more darkness. I could mix a lil dolomote lime with the feeding to even things out... this is my chaos (well some of it): LOL ****

420-magazine-mobile510358813.jpg

"Don't worry about a fertilizer's potency, just be sure to mix accordingly. I would suggest getting a PPM meter to measure the final concentration of your nutrient solution, as it's easy to screw up when measuring with teaspoons and stuff like that, especially if you're using a particularly potent fertilizer."

**** yeah I got this stuff from wal mart some non brand called "expert gardener" thats 15-30-15. Im SUPER careful with that stuff: ****
420-magazine-mobile1163640135.jpg

"In some ways potent fertilizers are a lot better for the plant though because you're putting in less material to give the plant the same amount of nutrition as a lower potency fertilizer would have. So for example, if you had a fertilizer that was 10-10-10 and you mixed 1 teaspoon per gallon then that's 5 mL of "stuff" in that gallon of water. Only some of it is nutrients, the rest is "stuff". Well if the fertilizer was 20-20-20, you'd get the same amount of nutrients in the solution but with half the amount of "stuff". That makes a difference down the line because a lot of synthetic nutrients have so much salt and stuff in them they build up on the roots and require leeching otherwise they will inhibit plant growth, burn the roots, etc. Remember that a lot of those fertilizers were made to go into the ground, with whole cubic yards of dirt to dilute into; when we take those and put them into 3 and 5 gallon pots, the concentrations build up a lot faster."

*** I always want to feed it but I need to just LEAVE IT ALONE! Its amazing right now I shouldn't try making it more or it could QUICKLY go the other way

420-magazine-mobile451450594.jpg

Im really bad with this journal. It seems like its been about. A week now but I haven't been sleeping well and days blue together. But I think shes pretty big for only a week. I still have not watered her as soil was almost a mud consistency when it hatched and is finally gettin dry enough it will get thirsty for the first time soon. I did put a special root light light mix with others just a splash to get on the roots. Then became paranoid and woukd give them a half second spray once a day to make sure nothing strong was sitting on a tender root...
420-magazine-mobile1804333815.jpg
420-magazine-mobile453395456.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1170316153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1444072279.jpg

Good afternoon everyone! So when to top...to me it looks like its at MAYBE its 4th node? (If uou count the forst real but single leaves. Om surprised how green the clytones or however u spell them are still green (maybe I lucked out giving it enough nutes but not to burn it). Snd does anyone see the lights out period to be a problem? This is what I do... wait till it gets dark it stays outside for maybe a couple hours like when the sun goes down so it chills there however long till I bring her in. Then she for under the lights and fan. But my girl is stupid and guess the thinks shes Sabin money or being helpful but she gets up ast 430 am leaves like at 6, so the lights turn off between that time and doesnt get light until I get up and take it out. Today is was 11 am, which is the absolute latest I can sleep under any condition (even if I sleep at 8am). When should I top? Im thinking around now. Should I top in the morning vs night? I think morning it still gets better sun over led lights and may help it recover from any stress. Or do I have it backwards and was till its Dar and then it repairs itself? Either way shes looking nice, smells skunky at not even the second week im thinking this plant is going to smell awesome, unless ur my g/f in which she will hate it. Here she is before going outside for the day...
420-magazine-mobile867130190.jpg

420-magazine-mobile37502308.jpg

Those 2 leaves are turning kinda brown still but all new growth is excellent. Maybe some of the nutes yhe very first time was too soon, even at that weakness I got extra growth at the cost of the very bottom leaves (are they the "true leaves" people talk about even though ots one leaf?) Getting slightly burnt... its hard to tell with this soil when to water it holds it so well. Its been in that black container in the sun all day and soil is STILL moist, not watering can be difficult at first im glad im learning control. But I do wonder if the silicon be more dried out around the root ares, and its still holding warter just in the areas where there arent any roots. Would even a splash of water on occasion be okay (nothing close to even a light water - a "spritz" maybe)? I know it likes drying out though... let me get a pic
420-magazine-mobile1304598263.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2035961216.jpg

It just bothers me the top is dry....bottom not, I dont want the top to be dried out TOO much (right now its like 1/4" dry dry, and.moisture slowly increases as u go down to maybe 30-40%?

420-magazine-mobile657535846.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2001149468.jpg

Back
Top Bottom