1st time Dwc droopy plant & brown spots week 3

Bedwc

420 Member
Hey there,

I’m trying dwc for the first time & i’m having some problems in week 3. Before i changed the water last monday everything was fine⬇️
1st time dwc droopy plant  brown spots week 3

When i made the new bucket , these were the conditions when i put the plant back in, ec 1.7 (plagron hydro a & b) , ph 5.8, 45 % humidity, 25° under lamp, water temp 22. I use carbon filtered & ionised water.

In the evening i saw the ph had risen to 6,7 en there were some small spots on the leaves, so i took out the plant & lowered the ph to 5.8 again.⬇️
1st time dwc droopy plant  brown spots week 3 2

The next day i saw it was only getting worse so i bought a bigger airpump & lowered the ph a little bit more to 5.6.⬇️
1st time dwc droopy plant  brown spots week 3 3

I just checken again & ph hasen risen to 5.7 & is ec 1.6 now!⬇️
1st time dwc droopy plant  brown spots week 3 4

1st time dwc droopy plant  brown spots week 3 5

Now i’m not sure it it’s getting better or worse! Does anyone know what the problem is & how it can be solved? Thank you to anyone taking the time to look at this!

I don't see anything really wrong. :hmmmm: I think your temps and PH are fine. I don't think the small swings your having in PH are a problem. I don't monitor concentration of salts, so I can't comment on that.:)

Your roots look fantastic. Are you leaving an air gap of 2" between the water & net pot? I would look into raising your Ph to 6.0 and start adding Cal mg to your water. Then you'll be right in the middle of that 5.5-6.4 range. Using ionised water takes a lot of minerals out of the water, so adding Cal mg helps replenishes these minerals. By the way, what type of nutrients are you using? Trim bottom leaves, add Cal mg, and raise the Ph to 6.0.
Hope that helps.

AzLaker
:cool:

I don't see anything really wrong. :hmmmm: I think your temps and PH are fine. I don't think the small swings your having in PH are a problem. I don't monitor concentration of salts, so I can't comment on that.:)
Yea indeed, i have been looking all around what it van be but i have no idea so i’m flushing now untill tomorrow morning & start with new water tomorrow morning!

Your roots look fantastic. Are you leaving an air gap of 2" between the water & net pot? I would look into raising your Ph to 6.0 and start adding Cal mg to your water. Then you'll be right in the middle of that 5.5-6.4 range. Using ionised water takes a lot of minerals out of the water, so adding Cal mg helps replenishes these minerals. By the way, what type of nutrients are you using? Trim bottom leaves, add Cal mg, and raise the Ph to 6.0.
Hope that helps.

AzLaker
:cool:
Thank you!😃 yes something like that, maybe little bit less, i was thinking about lowering a bit tomorrow! I need to find me some cal & magnesium then & will trim off the bottom leaves! I’m using Plagron A & B ! Also i’m flushing now until tomorrow! Thank you for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom