1st time grow - Would like a mentor

I've also got a separate cord for one of my 300w cfls . I'm thinking of placing it in the middle of the 4 for decent underlighting

No need to light the underside of leaves they don't don't utilize light only for breathing under there or home to ferocious pests.

I'd setup you MH not closer than 2 feet from canopy you will notice growth upwards if it starts to stretch more than 2 in you can lower the light some just don't get them too hot

I'd slowly introduce MH
First 2 days run Mh 25% and 2 cfl
Day 4 mh 50% for 2 more days

By day 6 remove cfls and boost MH to 75%

It's been a week now..

Day 8 100Mh you'll be like damn it's like the surface of the sun *dont stare at it*

In my opinion (and I'm going to gamble and say a lot of others as well) you will never damage the main cola if you're topping during the veg phase. Never. Even if you mess up cutting the top you'll end up "FIMing". Topping gives you 2, FIMing can give you up to 4.

FIMMing_Vs_Topping1.jpg

The only side effect of messing up while topping... is the possibility of 4 colas from the FIM

EXACTLY... Whomever this store has working from them needs some education in what works not what to push to make the most sales.
My new advice- learn about growing only from reading and asking everything on online forums- then use reasoning and a little adventure to decide what you think makes most sense.

I love fimming and topping and like earlier said a break in veg is usually a happy accident!

Buy your equipment online! Amazon will have it to you in 2 days! Lol

EXACTLY... Whomever this store has working from them needs some education in what works not what to push to make the most sales.
My new advice- learn about growing only from reading and asking everything on online forums- then use reasoning and a little adventure to decide what you think makes most sense.

I love fimming and topping and like earlier said a break in veg is usually a happy accident!

Buy your equipment online! Amazon will have it to you in 2 days! Lol

Yeah and plants love good pH balanced water, soil, light = success!

Hey guys hope all is well . I've been having some problems recently with what appears to be pm mold bit I'm not %100 sure .my soil wasn't drying in 6 days so I've switched to a hydro coco 60/40 medium . I'll post some pics which ain't the best quality but any advice on this would help

Pictures aren't great but I'm not thinking mold from what you are showing.. just seems like a little bleaching, nute burn. Wonder if you got a little splash when feeding /watering? Even just good light and the refractive nature of a drop of water can give you spots.

I wouldn't worry too much about it until it becomes a real issue. That said, how are you switched my soil? Are you repotting or simply adding.. remember the hydro nature of coco..I have some in my soil and have some babies in nothing but coco-good for clones before up potting. Personally I'm taking a break from hydro- just don't like it as much for my needs and skill level. I just grow bigger with soil.
Seems your girls should be growing a bit faster than they are. With all the changes though- like if you did repot again because of soil concerns will slow down your growth. Every time, the girls must refocus on roots instead of veg.
Where ever you are at with soil or coco or a combo, let them be so they can get bigger.
Really, just do 25-50 strength nutes with Clamato always.. especially using coco.. and good solid light and you won't be disappointed.
Does seem odd they are holding water for so long but maybe work it out so you only feed enough so they dry out by day 3. Seems way too saturated if they aren't using all the notes and water for almost a full week without completely being bone dry. And at this point- again with coco- you don't want bone dry. Still though, got to let them breath! Go for a three say watering where the plants are dry, near dry by day three. Then after feeding- don't bother for 3 days except for turning lights on and off- if you don't have timer.

Good luck! We are rooting for you!

Hya Mikey thanks for reply and hope you are well . I think what you just said about splashes of nute water are true . I've checked the girls over a few times and can't see amt mold as such just spot burns . my seller advised me to switch to coco hydro as it dries faster which might help my situation . I repotted 3days ago and they are bouncing back . I think I need to do some pruning asap as there is a lot of under growth now . I really appreciate the support and will get some decent pics up in better light

They are on a week 2 remo schedule .which is 5ml silicon 6 ml each of kelp ,grow, magni cal and micro . would u reccomend I drop to 3ml each ?

Several people I've talked with about uploading photos tell me this site hasn't updated/upgraded the photo aspect of this site in about 9 years. I for one cannot figure it out. Most say they're only able to do anything with photos if they do it on their cell phone. That they cannot do it on the site itself on their computer.

They are on a week 2 remo schedule .which is 5ml silicon 6 ml each of kelp ,grow, magni cal and micro . would u reccomend I drop to 3ml each ?

I don't know enough about that line of nutes, but it looks to me like maybe you've just accidentally dropped some on some of the leaves. That can cause "burn spots". Is that possible? If that's the case don't worry about it...just be more careful in the future ;)

Back
Top Bottom