1st Time Grower 10 Days Old Cinderella 99 - Suggestions Please - Germination Problem

paki420

Hyeee :)

1st Time Grower here , I was reading different posts on this Forum for Months I ordered C99 from Attitude Seed Bank

tried to Germinate 1 and Tab root was out in 24 Hours now its 10 Days Old and looking Good i have attached Pictures Any Suggestions ?

2nd Problem after 1st successful Germination I have tried to Germinate 2 more seeds i have soaked them for 48 Hours Tried paper towel method etc etc but they even didn't crack :( than after a week i tried them to crack with nails and then soak in water for 24 hours

after that there was one tab root coming from one seed But its tip was light brown now its seating in the soil for 4 days but no Sprout :(

Any Suggestions ? :(

vwv880.jpg
2uqbyo2.jpg
sxnkad.jpg
23lbd52.jpg
98tyk6.jpg

Re: 1st Time Grower 10 Days old Cinderella 99 Suggestions Please ? Germination Proble

Brown tap roots, are bad sign. I have never been able to recover the seed if this happened.

She looks happy

Re: 1st Time Grower 10 Days old Cinderella 99 Suggestions Please ? Germination Proble

Brown tap roots, are bad sign. I have never been able to recover the seed if this happened.

She looks happy

Thanks for your reply Please will you suggest me best germination method and temperature for germination ?
i have looked on many websites they say best temperature for germination se 22c to 25c and also everyone say warm If the temperature is 22-25C water stays cold What should i do ? temperature in my room is like 22,23c and outside temperature is 37c so should i germinate seeds in my room or outside ?

Re: 1st Time Grower 10 Days Old Cinderella 99 - Suggestions Please - Germination Prob

Hi P420. DesiBud in da houusee! Nice to see a familiar grower as well. I second black thumb. I had a disastrous grow with 8 seeds, and after I dug them up thtey were brown and the roots had shrunk back. Honestly speaking there is no hope for such seeds. I was able to get my hands on a bubblegummer. 1 out of 4 was crushed in the sachet packing, but I thought to try and germinate it and with no luck as yet it's just light brown and dead. It's cotyledons probably were crushed and deformed, but I'm still keeping them soaked in tissue between ceramic dishes, inside a ziplock (but ziplock isn't sealed, I leave it open to aerate and check on thevg seeds every 12 hours for the first 2 days, and 6-8 by day 3. Day 4 you should have a really nice long tap root like this:

image32066.jpg

First off, Always use distilled water to germinate seeds and don't let them sit longer than 48 hours soaking. If you can't find distilled water, you can make some at home or use a distillation kit/process. I have no kit, I made a DIY with a kettle, a metal bowl and a cream cheese glass jar to collect the condensed drops until I got what I needed.

Your next step is to give it lots of moisture in it's surrounding environment/air and relatively high humidity at a warm temperature. I find they germinate better when in the 27-32'C range. Your room is too cool to germinate and might take longer for seeds to pop. But, you can germinate on a warm surface area, like for example the top of my PC casing gets warm, the laundry room is pretty warm, or even on top your refrigerator. I have mine germinating inside a cupboard in the laundry room. I have also germinated ontop my PC casing with success.
So.. Once you've soaked the seeds (tap root may or may not come out once shell softens and cracks tap root), remove soaked seeds with a tweezer, no fingers. We have enough bacteria and germs on us to complicate a young seedling. place the seeds between 2 small ceramic dishes, BUT Make sure you layer some good quality absorbent tissue on THE dish you place seeds on, place the seeds out away from one another (when the taproot shoots out with distill water it will come out fast for every 8-12 hours you leave it germinating in the dark. The tap root has very fine hairs that dig into the tissue, but you can gently remove them by spraying water on the hair tap root stuck, leave it a few minutes and gently with a tweeter try and see if it comes off. DO NOT PULL THE TAP ROOT IT WILL RIP AND DAMAGE THE TINY ROOT HAIRS!!)
After you have placed the seeds, spray some water very gently and modestly. Do not make the tissue soaked. I never used to understand that, but since your seeds were in water for 2 days, it only needs a humid, moist environment that is warm, it doesn't need to be soaked anymore as the inside of here seed is probably wet and plump,, to emerge soon. After spraying gently, place another layer of tissue ontop and spray gently again. Cover everything with a same size ceramic dish, put inside ziplock (leave ziplock open, it will let seeds breath and let moisture slowly escape while being humid/moist. If you close ziplock you might suffocate them, but with no real danger, however my experience says leave the ziplock open).
Put the ziplock ceramic dishes away in the dark somewhere. It has to be dark.. Tap roots don't like light. If you put it ontop your PC, cover with a dark cloth. Just don't knock it over. Check after 24 hours for first day, every 12 hours on second day, and every 8-6 hours third day. It should have emerged nicely if you kept it dark, warm, moist, humid.
Finally, keep in mind fresh air is important too. Everytime you visit the seed you give it a fresh breeze of sir by opening up the ziplock, dish, damp tissues, and they can breath.
Hope this helps. Eid Mubarak!

Re: 1st Time Grower 10 Days Old Cinderella 99 - Suggestions Please - Germination Prob

Hi P420. DesiBud in da houusee! Nice to see a familiar grower as well. I second black thumb. I had a disastrous grow with 8 seeds, and after I dug them up thtey were brown and the roots had shrunk back. Honestly speaking there is no hope for such seeds. I was able to get my hands on a bubblegummer. 1 out of 4 was crushed in the sachet packing, but I thought to try and germinate it and with no luck as yet it's just light brown and dead. It's cotyledons probably were crushed and deformed, but I'm still keeping them soaked in tissue between ceramic dishes, inside a ziplock (but ziplock isn't sealed, I leave it open to aerate and check on thevg seeds every 12 hours for the first 2 days, and 6-8 by day 3. Day 4 you should have a really nice long tap root like this:

image32066.jpg

First off, Always use distilled water to germinate seeds and don't let them sit longer than 48 hours soaking. If you can't find distilled water, you can make some at home or use a distillation kit/process. I have no kit, I made a DIY with a kettle, a metal bowl and a cream cheese glass jar to collect the condensed drops until I got what I needed.

Your next step is to give it lots of moisture in it's surrounding environment/air and relatively high humidity at a warm temperature. I find they germinate better when in the 27-32'C range. Your room is too cool to germinate and might take longer for seeds to pop. But, you can germinate on a warm surface area, like for example the top of my PC casing gets warm, the laundry room is pretty warm, or even on top your refrigerator. I have mine germinating inside a cupboard in the laundry room. I have also germinated ontop my PC casing with success.
So.. Once you've soaked the seeds (tap root may or may not come out once shell softens and cracks tap root), remove soaked seeds with a tweezer, no fingers. We have enough bacteria and germs on us to complicate a young seedling. place the seeds between 2 small ceramic dishes, BUT Make sure you layer some good quality absorbent tissue on THE dish you place seeds on, place the seeds out away from one another (when the taproot shoots out with distill water it will come out fast for every 8-12 hours you leave it germinating in the dark. The tap root has very fine hairs that dig into the tissue, but you can gently remove them by spraying water on the hair tap root stuck, leave it a few minutes and gently with a tweeter try and see if it comes off. DO NOT PULL THE TAP ROOT IT WILL RIP AND DAMAGE THE TINY ROOT HAIRS!!)
After you have placed the seeds, spray some water very gently and modestly. Do not make the tissue soaked. I never used to understand that, but since your seeds were in water for 2 days, it only needs a humid, moist environment that is warm, it doesn't need to be soaked anymore as the inside of here seed is probably wet and plump,, to emerge soon. After spraying gently, place another layer of tissue ontop and spray gently again. Cover everything with a same size ceramic dish, put inside ziplock (leave ziplock open, it will let seeds breath and let moisture slowly escape while being humid/moist. If you close ziplock you might suffocate them, but with no real danger, however my experience says leave the ziplock open).
Put the ziplock ceramic dishes away in the dark somewhere. It has to be dark.. Tap roots don't like light. If you put it ontop your PC, cover with a dark cloth. Just don't knock it over. Check after 24 hours for first day, every 12 hours on second day, and every 8-6 hours third day. It should have emerged nicely if you kept it dark, warm, moist, humid.
Finally, keep in mind fresh air is important too. Everytime you visit the seed you give it a fresh breeze of sir by opening up the ziplock, dish, damp tissues, and they can breath.
Hope this helps. Eid Mubarak!

Thanks for your help :) i have one more problem i was looking for Fertilizers i was not able to find liquid fertilizers like people in USA have
i was able to fing liquid 10-10-7.5 and 12-12-17,4-4-4 but they are not liquid so i brought2 10-10-7.5 and 12-12-17 how to use them ? how much water how many tea spoons of liquid ? which one should i use first

i am in vegetarian stage

for flowering stage 12-12-17 will work ?

My plant is 17 days old

and my potting mix also have npk so should i wait ?

Khair Mubarik and Eid Mubarik to u also :)

Thanks for your help :) i have one more problem i was looking for Fertilizers i was not able to find liquid fertilizers like people in USA have
i was able to fing liquid 10-10-7.5 and 12-12-17,4-4-4 but they are not liquid so i brought2 10-10-7.5 and 12-12-17 how to use them ? how much water how many tea spoons of liquid ? which one should i use first

i am in vegetarian stage

for flowering stage 12-12-17 will work ?

My plant is 17 days old

and my potting mix also have npk so should i wait ?

Khair Mubarik and Eid Mubarik to u also :)

Do you have any pics??

I'll post a detailed reply today. Until then your plant looks perfectly fine and healthy! No need to feed it anything extra as you already have nutrients npk in the soil. Do you know how much NPK is in your soil already?
You need a high N and K percent in vege stage, and low N in flowering with high P and low/medium K. I'm using something called Growmore. It's 20-20-20. I think it's too strong for my 3 week plant.,

Do you know what strain plant you have growing?
How big is your blue pot?
What soil NPK r u using for plant ?

For now, Just feed it water only, every 2-3 days and transplant to a bigger 3 gallon or 5 gallon pot. I'm transplanting mine today. Roots have gotten long, but will know when I take plant out
What's your light cycle?
What lights are you using?

I'll post a detailed reply today. Until then your plant looks perfectly fine and healthy! No need to feed it anything extra as you already have nutrients npk in the soil. Do you know how much NPK is in your soil already?
You need a high N and K percent in vege stage, and low N in flowering with high P and low/medium K. I'm using something called Growmore. It's 20-20-20. I think it's too strong for my 3 week plant.,

Do you know what strain plant you have growing?
How big is your blue pot?
What soil NPK r u using for plant ?

For now, Just feed it water only, every 2-3 days and transplant to a bigger 3 gallon or 5 gallon pot. I'm transplanting mine today. Roots have gotten long, but will know when I take plant out
What's your light cycle?
What lights are you using?

Soil NPK was written on the pack but my mistake i have thrown the pack so i dont know about soils npk
Cinderella 99 G13 Labs Strain name
Pot is 19Ltr
light cycle 24/0
Right now i am Using 80W CFL i have 2 more 80W Cfls i tried to add one more but Temperate was high and my plants upper leaves were closing up and side tips were curling up so i removed the 2nd cfl now i am using only 1 80w cfl and waiting for temperature to go a little down so i can add 2 more cfl Outside temperature is like 40c and 26c at it lowest i think in next 15to20 days temperature will go down so i am waiting :p

and also on potting soil pack there were 2 npk written one was long lasting

Soil NPK was written on the pack but my mistake i have thrown the pack so i dont ...
Pot is 19Ltr

Hi! Sorry for the gap, had my hands full lately.

5 Gallon is great. But don't over water the pot as the roots probably haven't reached/stretched out all the way to the bottom as yet. Over watering will drench the bottom of your pot. Water around the plant and not all of the pot. At this stage I would avoid a full watering repeatedly because it will take longer for your pot to dry until the plants roots really begin to stretch out around the bottom of the pot. That way you can water sooner rather than wait for the entire pot to dry and avoid root rot from water that doesn't evaporate or get used up by the roots. Sometimes the top soil gets dry first cause were in warmer climates (I presume for you, at least I'm in a really warm climate), and because the top soil drys out first we assume the pot is dry (stick your finger down the side of the pot about 2-3 knuckles (for such a big pot, I would stick my whole finger in the side pot and see of it's how wet or damp or dry the soil is)). It's hard to check if it's completely dry, but the best way to get an idea is lift up your pot and see how heavy it is before a full watering. Once you've watered it fully, pick it up and get a feeler for how heavy it is. Every 2-4 days lift it up and check if it's gotten lighter. If you're growing indoors it will take longer to evaporate as it happens with me sometimes in the large pots. For that, I shift my pots outside into the morning sun, give it few hours shade and move them into the evening sun (shade period for the time it's too hot for plants above the 25/28'C limit (keep in mind your pot, if it's black, will get really hot really fast. The soil temps have reached 40'C+ at times here and you need to be really careful with that factor if you do decide to move it out and give it some sunlight! which is the best light they can receive. For the rest of these time it gets dark early, I just move them back into my indoor grow box and leave the manual timer to do the rest of the he job controlling the lights and fans and internal temperature and humidity.
I hope you have a good soil composition that allows it to drain quickly.mive had problems where my soil was too thick and kept water too long to evaporate with my small plants. I had to add more of this peat moss looking material, which is all I have here, that gave my soil more fluffy and aerated texture, and much better drainage. The ratio of my soil mix is as follows:
Soil ratio: 1 part soil mix (no nutrients or anything in them, as far as I know, maybe just a tiny bit)
3 parts Chinese peat moss/perlite looking matter (gives great drainage, and holds enough water for roots, and no more)
1 part organic dry manure ( I think it's cow manure, theres no bats or other creatures poop I could find at shops in my area)
- A gentle sprinkle of dolomite limestone (it's the edible limestone that people use in Paan )

And that's it. I make sure I have a really fluffy soil that's aerated to avoid water logging in the pot as much as possible. It's better to under water your plant and catch it in its early stages, than it is to over water and slowly kill it that way.

Alongside watering keep an eye on these pH if you can somehow. If you can't buy or find someone to bring you a pH tester you can find some for $15-25 on amazon, less on aliexpress. If that is hard to find like me over here, I got some pH strips to help me out.
Here's what I've done so far in the grow and messing around to see if they worked:

image33266.jpg

So far we've cleared anything with regards to the size of your pot, watering (over/under watering), water pH level, but I'm not sure about your soil NPK levels. If you know where you bought it maybe you could do a search online. If at any point your plant looks like it has some issues, I would reset the soil pH by flushing it with Distilled Atwater (don't used thte distilled water they sell at gas stations, that's something else altogether I feel and too acidic for plants. If I'm wrong an expert please correct me! But as far as I know it's not the right kind of distilled water. I made some at home using a large metal mixing bowl, a kettle, a glass to collect it in and ice. I placed the metal bowl over the kettles spout and balanced the bowl on the glass under it. It was tricky to balance, but once I got it balanced, I just put ice ontop the bowl (so when the steam hits the cooler part of here bowl, it condenses into droplets, which are your distilled water), which trickles down into your glass. This is a very time consuming process. If you can find premade distilled water that isn't for batteries but more home use then go for it. It took me 15 minutes of continuous kettle steam to collect about 100-150ml. Don't. I used this distilled water to germinate my seeds with excellent results as compared to regular tap water here.

light cycle 24/0

I'm using 18/6 light cycle with 2 85W cfls. One is a bright white light. The other is a warm white light. I'm using them together to give my plants a good light spectrum in its veg state. Come flowering time I'll remove the white light and keep 2 warm white cfls (slightly yellow tinge) and bring my light cycle to 12/12.
I've found that giving the plants SOME darkness is a good thing. I had a 24/0 cycle at first but didn't notice them growing as quickly as I have seen the grow in 18/6. Personally I think it also depends on here strain type but I am confident that plants need some darkness to recover. Imagine for a moment running any device or human being doing activities 24/7. It will eventually lose it's original strength to function or will degrade over time. Some darkness is must. Since you're already on a 24/0 cycle, shift them to a 20/4 cycle. I would personally reccomend a 18/6. If you want to come to this light cycle, shorten your light cycles very slowly and gradually, but make sure you are keeping a strict cycle length and are doing this at the same time everyday. These babies are very sensitive to light shifts/changes along with time. You don't want them to think its winter time with shorter light cycles too quickly or stress them out either. Slowly come to 20/4 or 18/6. Let's say you do this is over a span of 4-5 days per light cycle shift. So it should take you 4-5 days to bring it to20/4. And if you want to come to 18/6, take another 4-5 days to let the plant adjust to that light cycle.

NOTE: Experts please advise if anything is off with regards to the light cycle shift from 24/0 to anything lower. I think a gradual shift is safer/gentler than an immediate shift from one light cycle to another.

Right now i am Using 80W CFL i have 2 more 80W Cfls i tried to add one more but Temperate was high and my plants upper leaves were closing up and side tips were curling up so i removed the 2nd cfl now i am using only 1 80w cfl and waiting for temperature to go a little down so i can add 2 more cfl Outside temperature is like 40c and 26c at it lowest i think in next 15to20 days temperature will go down so i am waiting :p

Interesting weather patterns, quite similar to mine. Nooiicceee! As mentioned earlier I'm using one 85w white light, and one 85w warm white light. I only used the white light for the first 2 weeks after seedling sprouted from soil. I added the second warm yellow 85w after that. The temperature did jump by a lot and I find I have to keep my room air conditioned at 25'C setting for a lot longer the last week. But now the temperatures have dropped at night and I don't need it then. Only during the day. My temps are 31'C highs to 19'C lows. Bathroom exhaust is huge so it keeps my room and airbox nicely ventilated at a comfortable temp for the plants. Took a bit of playing around with my rooms a/c and fan but I found the right settings for certain times of a day and night that I can leave it unattended and make sure there box isn't too hot. It can never get really too old in here so I'm not worried about the temp going lower than 24'C with AC and fan at the moment.
Do you have a picture of your grow setup/room?
Your plants look like they could use 2 cfls for now. Unless you have proper cooling AND ventilation I would not add a third especially if they haven't started to grow vigorously.

I'm working on creating a home DIY tent of sorts as the grow box cannot fit my 2 pots that are 3 gallon each (13-15 lifers each), so I've thought to use so,etching light and movable like PVC pipes as a frame. The frame will have car sunscreen blinds wrapped around it because I want to move waaay from foil which is not a good reflector. It has higher probability of burning your leaves with a lot of light and heat but I had no other choice. I couldn't find Mylar material here which is the best, but I might get my hands on some panaflex material (matte finish) as it's second best to Mylar and reflects way better than foil and chances of leaf burn is lower as well from its reflection). The light fixture I'll balance ontop the frame with some heat resistant string/rope that I can also adjust up/down height according to how plants grow. Finally I'll have a wooden base at the bottom that can accommodate four 3 gallon plants or three 5 gallon (19 litres).

I'm looking into some inexpensive grow tents but I can't find anything below $100. I'm on a tight ass budget and have to make this stuff from scratch unless I can find stuff otherwise.

Here's my black Indica that I FIMmed yesterday and after that is the crown royale I topped. Playing around with some training methods I've been itching to do and get more colas and bigger buds through stimulation and plant training. I read a shitload on that and it's week 4 that I'm doing this. The soil grow is slower, recovery takes much longer, and there are still I'll some LST training I'll start when plant becomes bigger. I know I'm in weeeK 4 and some might think I'm starting late, but this is my first time and I'm making decisions slowly and with a lot of thought of cause/effect into consideration. I don't want to be too hasty and do something out of my control, like the last time I killed 8 seeds in one shot right at germination from many errors. But again, with time you kind of get a feeler for things and somehow I feel more comfortable readings lots of posts/blogs and additionally also post here when I'm unsure about something.

image33856.jpg
image33857.jpg

If I've missed something let me know, or if you're unsure about anything give me a shout via PM instead of here.

Peace!

and also on potting soil pack there were 2 npk written one was long lasting

If it mentioned anything to do with "long-lasting", then that means it has some nutes in it that are time-released. I've heard not so good things about soil mixes like miracle grow and another that have nutrients that release in it over time. The problem is whatever it might release over time might be too strong for the roots/plant in its early stages leading to nute burn/leaf burn by being too toxic (I've seen referred to as "hot soil", or if someone says your soil is "too hot" then the nutrients levels are too high in it, and are probably killing your plants slowly), but in your case I don't see anything wrong with it yet. Just don't give it anymore nutrients/fertizilier, just water it like I explained in my earlier post.
If and when you notice a deficiency (a lacking of nutrients causing certain plant symptoms) then I would pull out some chemical nutrients to take care of that, but NOT before.
The only clue I have that your soil is time-released is by what you mentioned is being "long-lasting". Again just don't put any extra nutrients in it while watering for now. Just give it regular water. If you can check the pH of your water that would be better to get a general idea what pH your tap water is sitting at. Once you water your plant thoroughly, collect some run-off water that comes from the bottom of plant after you've watered it, dip your pH strip in the 'run-off' and check it's pH. If you're not sure how to do or read the strips gimme a shout.

PH strips are your last resort to checking pH if you don't have an electronic pH tester or pH testing kits. I got 100 pH strips in a plastic box for $7.

Back
Top Bottom