1st time growing, and need LED advice!

stown821

Ok, so I'm ready to get hands on now I need to buy my lighting. Since I will be growing in a 5x5x7 tent I figured to keep heating down an limit my energy bill I decided to go with LED lights. But my problem in deciding falls into what's the best light spectrum out there as far as quality of the lighting system itself? Also if I want to keep my LED's no more than 24" above the plant, what is the best way to fill a 5x5 or 6 plant operation; meaning can I just throw 1 blackstar 900w LED in there or will that not cover enough sq ft to give the plants an optimal chance of growth? Any advice is helpful.

-Thank you

I have a 5x5 tent with a 400W Solarstorm and it works fine, it didn't quite cover the whole 5x5 so I also put in 8x 42W CFL's. Pic in gallery

A 900W blackstar or the 800W solarstorm would work really well if you ask me, and likely cover the whole area.

If money were no issue, i'd sooner buy 4x smaller LED units for better light management.

Thanks for the replies, and I figured just 1 900w led wasn't going to be enough surface coverage. So "Legit spam" I kind of went down your way an do you think just 3 240w blackstar's would fill the 5x5 canvas or 6 plants, or do I have to go 4?

Saw the pictures SeanM, looks nice and the crop looks really healthy; but I can see your concern to put another light in there. Another 400watter would look real good in there.

Also is there any other top of line LED company's besides blackstar? Blackstar was just the most reoccurring successful LED that I found. Id like to stay under $1000 for lights, so my best chance for fat buds for my buck?

There are plenty of other LEDS you can buy, they have a good price & decent warranty...For 1K you should buy 3 of the 240 watt ones & then pick up a fourth later to fill the tent..Figure all four will be 600 watts or so & that nails the 40 watt per sq foot..

Yea Legit that's my plan, ill send progress pic's when I start flower. Also have you heard much about running co2 with led's?

Back
Top Bottom