2 weeks help?

Mrmetfan

Well I never introduced myself. My name is john. I live in new York. Its probably the coldest winter I can remember. Hate it. Anyhow I'm 35 and I decided to start my first grow because I'm tired of meeting people sometimes kids to get a bag. Mj helps me in so many ways its too many to list
So I have a 4 by 2 tent. Mh/hps light. Right now its been under the mh of course. 400 watts. I have it in pots with professional mix soil.and have fox farm nutes. The seeds were vermed in paper towels and planted into there finishing pots because some are autos. I have a possibility of 3 autos and 2 jack herrer . I mixed them up on accident when germing . Lesson learned there. I'm going to have to veg the jack seeds for the whole grow of the autos that way the autos won't suffer by switching to a 12/12. Anyhow my main concern is they been above the ground / sprouted for a total of 14 days now and there so small. I think they look healthy/ happy though. Am I screwing something up? Should I give nutes ? What do u guys think?

Re: 2 weeks help ?

O yea I guess pics would help. Lol
20140209_055510.jpg
20140209_055459.jpg

What is the temperature in your grow room? If it is cold then they will take longer. The ideal range is 22 - 29 degrees celcius or 71 to 84 F.
If your soil has slow release fert in it, don't apply nutes yet or you'll burn your babies. From the pics they don't look particularly hungry - no yellowing leaves). The first set of true leaves are just starting to grow.

You probably won't need to vege your plants for as long as you think to work out which plants are which because the autos should start to show sex a lot sooner than the Jacks. The last auto I grew took about 30 days to start showing pistils so if you have 3 showing sex and 2 not, you can be pretty sure which are which.

I've germinated 3 seeds @ a time (soil medium/ Pro-mix) and they sometime turn small , medium , large. I do not change anything , but some are stronger than others.
It looks good to me:thumb: , but there are some other guru's out there that might pick on something ?
Go Green or go home .......
Cheer's
J

I have them Ina tent. The tent is in a cold basement but I think the light warms the tent up enough. Thanks for the tip though. Tomorrow I will buy a thermometer to get an accurate temp.

Hello mrmetfan I'm in the basement all so my fan sucks out the bottom because of the cold, my lights are one 24/7 only becuase off heat problems, when I go 12/12 and lights off my box would drop to 58-60 deg F and groth suffered this time I'll have to use a small space heater to keep the box warm, putting it by the intake opening. Its cold here to I'm not to far away from NY. With lights on I'm around 79-82 F, 8 cfl 42w each

Arent most Autos usually small and bushy anyways? They are meant (From what i've read) for mostly indoor growing because they produce a decent amount of yield and dont require the photoperiod as some other strains do.

Hi ride free,
I had the same problem and went to adding a heater ( big mistake as I could not control temp ). But what I did do is - I raised the tent off the floor ( used a plastic pallet ) and added enclosed fluorescent lamp under the tent and it raise temp 3 deg.
Or purchase green lights and leave them on the floor inside the tent ( also great to work in the dark ). I found the lights inside was the best .
I live way North ( its -18 today) and cold is always a problem. And cold will keep them small and over watered:Namaste:
Cheers
J

Whats up mzxsdi600 I'm not in a tent but a large up right freezer i converted to a grow box. So the heat will have to come in with the air supply.I removed the shelving,its still fully insulated.

Sweet:hookah: . Try the light bulb thing , with a small space 1-60w or 13w energy bulb would do .
I scored an old upright bread warmer ( a sub place threw them out , 2 doors glass and 40 slots for shelves ).
i have an 140 yr old house and put it in the basement ( still have dirt floors ). My basement gets way cold and had to try may things , but the light bulb worked the best ( when it was -20 , I add more light bulbs).
Adding heaters bring more problems ( fire , un-controllable temperatures, and cost $$) in my opinion .:hmmmm:
Do u have cut out for ventilation on the upright ? What kind of lighting do u use ? are u planning the full grow in there ?
The best advise I can give is- don't worry be Happy , it a weed and give it light , water and a little love . I'll work out , just hit us here@:420: and help will come . The best forum out there:hookah:
Looking forward to ur grow ( my first , I chopped and smoked way to soon )
Cheer's
J

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. You can grow your plants under 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness and the auto flowering plants should show their sex.

Whats up mzxsdi600,for now I'm running 8-28w cfl 6500k 1750L for veg and 8-42w 2700k (don't remember the lumins) for flower,4" intake 4" exhaust. I'm on my second grow in this cabinet, I'm pulling air out the bottom and in the top so the air from the lights keep the grow area worm (78-84 F) . I'm making a shelf for the space heater so I can adjust the distance to the intake hole whitch will help control the tepm, all so I'm using a 4" inline hydroponic fan and speed control. The speed control will help adjust temps all so, and once I get the temp under control I will stap the fan down.Why my temp drops (remeber lights off in flowering) is I have forced hot air heat for the house and the cabinet sits about 4ft away,my exhaust(from the cabiet) has a flex pipe on it that go's into an old coal been area where its even colder so when my house heater kicks on and the blower kicks in it has reverse pull thrugh the cabinet, pulling that cold air from the coal bin up the exhaust pipe through the cabinet, if you can foll, LOL.

King JohnC could you give me tips on how I can get the humidity up in this small cabinet, I think my humidity is to low. I'm in the, veg state and its bouncing between 20-24%, thanks for any thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom