Rookie question

Mrmetfan

[LEFTi][/LEFT]I'm going to start my first grow shortly.I'm going with Chem dog auto seeds. I hope there good plants. Anyhow I just hope there a good strain. I went with auto because I assume their easier to grow. I have a small tent and I'm WOndering if I should get the charcoal filter? Will 2 plants stink my house up? From. What I see they are expensive. Is there less expensive ones that work?

2 plants can. you can take a 4"x12" tube and get some fish tank charcoal filters and drill a bunch or holes in tube and tape the charcoal filters around tube. works just fine.

if you can seal off the room to the outside and the smell doesn't go through the whole
house
so if its confined to that one room is it a problem?
before I sealed off the windows the smell got outside but for some reason it doesn't get through the whole house and its not a big house
tiny by most standards lol
but pretty much the smell is confined to the room and about 3 ft from the door in the hallway

Depends on strain grown... some smell more or less in veg, most of the time the smell is more noticeable from around mid flowering onwards :thumb:

Even that i back up veg/flowering growth by using a carbon filter myself they don't totally remove 100% of the odour (mainly in flowering) so i choose to use odour removing gels/blocks when flowering which just about nobbles the rest of the smell... i do have habit of burning incense sticks down stairs in the living room tho & helps mask smoking odours etc all which helps contains odour to specific rooms in the house !

The only other time i've had odour issue's where during the slow air dry of a couple weeks with the present strain grown, really hum's in a good way but tailors of in the curing period to a tame level. Another strain in past grows honked more when curing 'n' burping the jars, i had to keep the windows closed when burping the jars... lol

I'm thinking of getting a carbon filter & tent just for slow air drying/curing :peace:

Yup less expensive filters do work but total life span may not be as great as more expensive filters, i do suggest cleaning the pre-filter that is the white foam type thing after every grow as this collects a lot of dust... effectively lowers odour removing properties & life span of the carbon filter.

Back
Top Bottom