Ventilation question

Betty2017

420 Member
Hi,

Newbie to this and hoping you could help, i have a 60x60x140 grow tent that im setting up ready for my first ever Auto strain grow (excuse me if im not with the lingo yet and sound like plonker),

I have my oscilating fan sorted, I have an 4" inline fan sorted and im really unsure what size/strength fan and charcoal filter Im going to need for such a small space,

I dont want to buy an overkill setup and im looking for something reasonably silent as the tents in a recess area in my bedroom,

Cheers

B

Hi,

Newbie to this and hoping you could help, i have a 60x60x140 grow tent that im setting up ready for my first ever Auto strain grow (excuse me if im not with the lingo yet and sound like plonker),

I have my oscilating fan sorted, I have an 4" inline fan sorted and im really unsure what size/strength fan and charcoal filter Im going to need for such a small space,

I dont want to buy an overkill setup and im looking for something reasonably silent as the tents in a recess area in my bedroom,

Cheers

B

Look into the 6 or 8 inch Hyper fans super quiet built in speed controller so you can tone it down if needed and they do not use a ton of wattage to run I am usining one 6 inch in a 4' x 4' x 6' tent. No heat issues running a 600w hps. Peace OG

Are you running a sealed light or led? I have mine haning in the back of my tent above the light. Outside the tent not sure it will offer much cooling unless it is just to cool the lightm i.e a cool tube. Will try and get a photo of mine later after work.
Peace OG

You running or pushing air in the tent and then exhausting through your filter and new exhaust fan?? Hyper fan is super small google the specs but would venture to bet about the size of a small nerf football.

Are you running a sealed light or led? I have mine haning in the back of my tent above the light. Outside the tent not sure it will offer much cooling unless it is just to cool the lightm i.e a cool tube. Will try and get a photo of mine later after work.
Peace OG
Hi OG,

I'm using a 450w dual spectrum LED grow light

Still a little heat coming from that. I am running a 300w and a 450w full spectrum led in veg a a 2' x 4' x 8' in a closet with a 4 inch inline fan a d temps range from the low 70's to about 84 f
With the led thinking filter/exhaust up higher . Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I will add a picture in a bit.
Peace OG

Still a little heat coming from that. I am running a 300w and a 450w full spectrum led in veg a a 2' x 4' x 8' in a closet with a 4 inch inline fan a d temps range from the low 70's to about 84 f
With the led thinking filter/exhaust up higher . Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I will add a picture in a bit.
Peace OG
Look forward to seeing your setup, need some ideas, you mentioned maybe needing a 6" fan? Would a 4" do the job, man I love the Hyper fans but way above my price range sadly,

B

Look forward to seeing your setup, need some ideas, you mentioned maybe needing a 6" fan? Would a 4" do the job, man I love the Hyper fans but way above my price range sadly,

B

I am running a 600w hps in there in a cooltube, the 6 inch for me works better. The led will still put off heat just not as much. Depending on air flow a 4 should work just keep an eye on temp and humidity. A picture of mine, Peace OG.

DSCN3669_1024x768.JPG

Cool setup, is that the insulated ducting you're using for noise?,

I'm just hoping mine wont look like I've thrown it all in and ran off

My tents a Secret Jardin one so im gonna have to rethink how I best utilize my vent holes, will map it out properly later today, what do they say "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Cheers OG, im really strapped for space and think i may have to run the filter outside the tent, is that ok to do?

Yes, you can use an inline charcoal filter outside the tent. In a small tent like that, you want as much space for your plants as possible. You can also have an inline fan outside the tent.

Yes you can put any fan outside the tent but if the filter is outside you will have it scrubbing the room as opposed to the tent. My hyperfan is outside on the top of my tent. If your filter isn't in the tent then you are wasting money trying to scrub cleaner air. Actual fan placement isn't the issue for odor your filter needs to be in the tent though. Qnd the ducting there is not insulated in the tent, everything outside the tent and out is.
Peace OG

Also with the filter in the tent helps with humidity if that is an issue.

Yes you can put any fan outside the tent but if the filter is outside you will have it scrubbing the room as opposed to the tent. My hyperfan is outside on the top of my tent. If your filter isn't in the tent then you are wasting money trying to scrub cleaner air. Actual fan placement isn't the issue for odor your filter needs to be in the tent though. Qnd the ducting there is not insulated in the tent, everything outside the tent and out is.
Peace OG

Also with the filter in the tent helps with humidity if that is an issue.

No, my friend, that is not correct. If you have an inline filter, it doesn't matter where it sits - inside or outside the tent. As long as it sits on the duct that goes out of the tent, i.e. the exhaust duct. As long as the air is filtered somewhere before it gets released, it doesn't matter where. Same as it doesn't matter if you put the inline fan inside or outside the tent.
You can also use a non-inline filter on the outside of the tent, if you put it at the end of the duct going out. You'll in this case blow the air throw the filter as opposed to sucking the air throw it if it sits inside the tent. However, some say this way is less efficient.

My tent also 60x60x140. Two usb fans get air in and out. One usb fan in the tent to make air flow.

I always do LST for my plant.

Here transition flowering week 1

Attachments

• IMG_20181012_132218__01.jpg
    IMG_20181012_132218__01.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 60
No, my friend, that is not correct. If you have an inline filter, it doesn't matter where it sits - inside or outside the tent. As long as it sits on the duct that goes out of the tent, i.e. the exhaust duct. As long as the air is filtered somewhere before it gets released, it doesn't matter where. Same as it doesn't matter if you put the inline fan inside or outside the tent.
You can also use a non-inline filter on the outside of the tent, if you put it at the end of the duct going out. You'll in this case blow the air throw the filter as opposed to sucking the air throw it if it sits inside the tent. However, some say this way is less efficient.

You my friend may want to reread the post I wasnt talking about the fan. As I stated mine is outside the tent as well. Any air exitingthe tent has to go through a filter weather in the tent or on the other end makes no difference. But if the filter is just set outside the tent , which was the queation asked due to space. OG

Back
Top Bottom