2 years in and looking for a new system!

TheRocket

Been Growing for roughly 2 years now..
Had around 5 successful grows to my name now with 0 failed.. learnt a lot along the way and the quality of my bud is bloody nice.

But I'm only roughly getting 3-3.5oz per plant.
So think it's time I look at a new system to try get a few more ounces

Been using drain to waste for the last 2 years, but I get a bit lazy with it cause it's a nightmare draining water all the time lol

Problem I have is with temps, over summer drain to waste allows me not to worry about reservoir temps etc.. I normally use 2 x 400watt lights and try time my grows so flowering is done in the highs of summer so lights aren't on 18 hours and having to worry about air temps

DWC is preferred but not one that will suit my needs

So what's anyone's thoughts?

Wilma, top feed, drips etc?

I only ever do 5 plants max at a time

Thanks guys

You've had good luck with DTW but don't like draining the waste, so you might be interested in the recirculating coco system that Alios69 is developing. It's a work in progress and still a little too complicated for me, but it looks like it might be a logical next step for you since you don't want to go to DWC.

Recirculating Water In Coco

You've had good luck with DTW but don't like draining the waste, so you might be interested in the recirculating coco system that Alios69 is developing. It's a work in progress and still a little too complicated for me, but it looks like it might be a logical next step for you since you don't want to go to DWC.

Recirculating Water In Coco

Seems rather complex lol... I do like DTW but it's the excess water that's annoying to me.
It's now I don't wanna use DWC it's just I really can't be done with chillers and stuff.
Also after a system where I don't have to spend hours sorting stuff out

Tried auto pots and hated them, I managed to remove the system and sort my plants out before it messed them up.

I think I could squeeze a bit more from DTW as I get lazy and end up using tap water some times (I know I know lol)

I think I could squeeze a bit more from DTW as I get lazy and end up using tap water some times (I know I know lol)

The outdoor dwarf grow in my sig file was DTW and I loved it. The plant only got 8 hours of light a day which limited it a lot, but I got the feeling the DTW could get very close to DWC in results.

If you just set up a cheap aquarium pump to run one or more times a day from a reservoir that would make life easier. That's what I'm going to do next time.

It's finding a decent way to drain the excess water from the tent is what's bugging me lol.. be nice to have it all automated

Gonna source some trays and maybe make a small table to connect a waste pipe to and drain the water from the tent that way, would mean cutting a small hole in the tent but I'm gonna try cause I need a new tent after this next grow anyway .

Have just been reading a blog on here and he fed his coco 3 times a day with DTW, his results were amazing and you could see the difference in them in a short space of time but he didn't put what he yielded. Shame!

Alios69 is feeding his coco plants 8 or so times a day.
I have seen two grows in which they drain to tray and then use a wet vac to vacuum up the water. (Then of course you have to empty the wet vac...)

Alios69 is feeding his coco plants 8 or so times a day.
I have seen two grows in which they drain to tray and then use a wet vac to vacuum up the water. (Then of course you have to empty the wet vac...)

Noticed them. Bit of a nightmare if your feeding 8 times a day lol
I'm gonna make a table for mine, just use pond lining and guttering

May get a tray for it to flush into and get a wet and vac and suck up every two days or so

Or may use small pvc pipes and run it straight outside rather than having water sat in the tent

Either way I've decided to make a table

I have seen small kiddie pools used for that before...

Haha not a bad idea that!

Shouldn't cost to much, get a fence post; plywood; pond liner; guttering

Gonna water two times in veg, three times in flower so wanna get a drainage system set up ASAP

I have digital ballasts so I can oust them to 660watt if I wanted just gets a bit warm over summer so I put them on the both on 400

What lights are you using? The ones I'm looking at are like £500 plus lol

Back
Top Bottom