Wilma system conversion to DWC?

HigherTheHigh

Im planning having a try at DWC along with my soil grow but i will be only using clones rather than seeds, i dont have the money unfortunately to by a DWC kit but i can afford to buy fittings and some air stones.

I did try using the wilma system once over but found it not to my liking.

I have 2 11L wilma systems 4 pots each, my pan was to cut the base of the lid on top of the reservoir so each pot had a good 5x5" square hole to reach down for water eventually, put a lot more holes in the base of the pot to to allow roots to reach down.

Using the other wilma res tank to keep circulating the water back and forth through each tank ect, i was thinking that this could be a good way to also keep the temps in the res, 5 air stones, 1 below each pot and 1 central.

Will this work?

What is the best nutrients to use for DWC as i only plan to run a calmag agent and base nutrient?

Specific water temperature and best PH?

Is there any deficiencies that come with DWC?

I know there is probably a million threads already on DWC but i find i get better advice from the main people that have done it there selves.

Thanks all, i will find a good use for these systems while i have them :).

Yeah sorry i should of put an image on too lol iv tried looking and every place iv tried just has the kits, i would of ran just the 1 but im taking a cutting from each 4 plants so i can try it.

I have no idea what you would class it as lol i will cut these squares out then get back to you with pictures.

Was planning on using either foam or small rockwool cubes as my medium in the pots.

Back
Top Bottom