2nd Grow: Bodhi Seeds - Strawberry Fantasy

20230603_193829.jpg
ordered an 11 pack of Strawberry Fantasy and was blessed with 2 extra! Soaked for 24hrs in 1% peroxide solution and now in solo cups. Excited for a couple things, I upgraded to an AC Infinity 6inch fan and controller and thier T3 humidifier, and also installed some extra side lighting. Also get to sort through males and possibly collect some pollen🤔

Been enjoying the fruits of my last harvest, and grove bags for the win! Made everything super easy and the flavor and cure is top notch (atleast for a first time home grower!) Looking forward to see what Bodhi has provided with this crossing!

Did some scratching around, looks like we have 8 the moment (hoping 2 pulls through😉), the rest failed. 2 flipped wrong side up (more than likely on me) 2 couldn't push through, and one had a great root but the helmet got trapped and it was black (bummer). I raised the solo cups because a few are stretching a little too much, but I am thrilled to see the sprouts. Overall impressed so far by these seeds. Going to give them a couple weeks and then transplant to 1 gallon pots to mature until I can determine sex
20230608_114849.jpg

Did some scratching around, looks like we have 8 the moment (hoping 2 pulls through😉), the rest failed. 2 flipped wrong side up (more than likely on me) 2 couldn't push through, and one had a great root but the helmet got trapped and it was black (bummer). I raised the solo cups because a few are stretching a little too much, but I am thrilled to see the sprouts. Overall impressed so far by these seeds. Going to give them a couple weeks and then transplant to 1 gallon pots to mature until I can determine sex
20230608_114849.jpg
:popcorn:
I love some bodhi gear. Grown his Field trip, Uplift, Lavender Jack, Laughing Lemon, goji OG. All were excellent.
Excited to see this one. Sounds fantastic.
Cheers

Larry OG x Strawberry Milk
You will find a keeper in all his packs. Beware, usually his F1s are really big plants.
:passitleft:
You plan to keep a Mother plant?
Thanks for the heads up! Love me some Larry, and the Strawberry milk sounds amazing. Now I'm going to be on pins and needles until I can sex them and see how many ladies I have.

We’ve found the method to be true, but we haven’t figured out its boundaries yet.
I don’t know if it’s the 60 cumulative/calendar hours of additional dark that does it, or the light changes themselves triggering hormones, or if it can be done Day 7-17, etc.

If you can afford to experiment I’d give it a shot, perhaps put a few under 12/12 and a few regular for 10 days.

My thing is this: I've had plants take longer to "reveg" ( sometimes spitting out 3 fingers that you do not want to flower, period!) DONT mess with light schedule
By that time could have sex the plant already.
He could fit at least 9 1/2 gallon comfortable.
No rush, let her take charge

The beauty of the shorter light schedule early is that you can identify the males earlier and not spend resources (soil, nutes, etc.) on them as long.

Females seem to show consistently around 30 days, but males have taken longer for me.

As @Keffka said, we haven't worked out the finer points yet but if you have the flexibility it might be worth trying now. Your only about 5 days from sprout, right?

If you do, I wouldn't try it on all of them because we don't know how it will affect them later on, especially since you're a few days in.

My thing is this: I've had plants take longer to "reveg" ( sometimes spitting out 3 fingers that you do not want to flower, period!) DONT mess with light schedule
By that time could have sex the plant already.
He could fit at least 9 1/2 gallon comfortable.
No rush, let her take charge
We're not doing it to reveg them, but right at the front end of the grow wile7theyre still seedlings, not later on in veg.

Back
Top Bottom