2nd Time Around - PearlDark's Next Attempt at This

PearlDark

I kind of started a grow journal last year for my first grow of 3 plants (Double Berry, Big Bang 2 and Super Cheese). My problem was I started them to late (June 20th), and here in the Columbia Gorge it starts to get rather cold and wet by the end of September, so I had to harvest them to early as bud rot had started setting in. To immature to smoke, I used them for making Dry Ice Hash (which actually turned out really well). This year I am determined to keep with the grow journal and get my plants started EARLY so they can come to full term.

To start out this year I have planted 2 feminized seeds, Critical and Cream of the Crop's Custard Cream (I plan on planting 1-2 other strains later in the month).

Using peat pots and Hoffman's Organic Seed Starter I planted the seeds on April 5th and put them under an LED light. Critical popped up on the 9th..............the Custard Cream didn't come up until today (slow starter).

WP_20140411_011.jpg

Critical is on the left, Custard Cream the right.

I am going to keep them under the LED until it warms up around here, then I will put them outside so I can grow them to their full potential!

Here is hoping this year is better than last.

For sure I will plant Sugar Mango Rider next. That one is an autoflower, never tried planting one of those before. And I just ordered some Ganesh Spirit seeds from Herbies..........sounded like another interesting strain (I may save that one for a fall indoor grow).

And this year for sure I will take 2 clones from each of my photoperiod plants............didn't do that with Big Bang 2 last year and I was very sad I didn't (had a great stink to it).

Be weary taking them outside, outdoors plants are stronger against bugs and molds and such, bringing them inside and outside could bring contaminates to your room and can compromise your plants

We are very careful. Did it last year with the plants and they did very nicely!

My neighbor lost half his crop last year from hermie because he took them outside during flower.
I just took my mother plant out for the season, I hope she explodes

Ugh, that sucks :(

We had 9 plants in our greenhouse last year..........my 3 I started to late and then my boyfriend's whose got to a very nice size. The biggest issue was mites.........which luckily we were able to control so we did not lose any of the outdoor plants. Growing outdoors is a lot more risky, but when things go right it really pays off.

WP_20140419_002.jpg

So the seedlings are developing well, added a little half strength Clone X to the water for them. The smaller of the two is the Custard Cream (the late starter), the larger the Critical.

WP_20140419_001.jpg

So I decided to plant 2 more strains. One is a freebie seed I got, World of Seeds Strawberry Blue. The other is Sweet Seeds Ganesh Spirit. I am not going to grow these outside, these will be grown indoors.........just want to see what they are like.

WP_20140501_009.jpg

So I had to move my Critical and Custard Cream seedlings into 1 gallon pots as I think the water I was using with a tiny bit of Clone X gave them a little nute burn..............so they got moved to larger pots and I am only using my filtered water, so they should recover.

My Ganesh Spirit and Strawberry Blue seedlings are looking healthy so far...............here is hoping for the best!

WP_20140514_005.jpg

It has been nice and sunny lately here.............got all my plants out (I have my cucumber and broccoli seedlings out too).

WP_20140514_006.jpg

Critical on the left, Custard Cream on the right. Both doing very well, totally got over that early nute burn. Today I started using seedling strength General Organics fertilizers on them.

WP_20140514_007.jpg

Strawberry Blue on the left, Ganesh Spirit on the right. The SB is doing great, very healthy. The GS is growing in a little funky, I am keeping an eye on it.

WP_20140514_008.jpg

I decided to experiment a bit this year............I bought 3 EarthBoxes for my outdoor plants! 2 large (for Custard Cream and Critical) and 1 junior size for my Sugar Mango Rider Autoflower. Will be interesting to see how they turn out!

WP_20140518_001.jpg

Very happy with how my plants are coming along, lots of new growth just in the last few days. And the Ganesh Spirit is starting to look a lot better, growing more evenly.

WP_20140522_008.jpg

Everything is growing beautifully so far!

WP_20140522_010.jpg

The Critical is really filling in nice since I topped it............

WP_20140522_011.jpg

Custard Cream too is getting some nice undergrowth!

WP_20140525_002.jpg
WP_20140525_003.jpg

Have no idea why, but my Critical plant is actually flowering now. It gets treated like the rest of my plants, out during the day, under the light inside at night.....................none of the others are displaying their sex, just this one. Very strange, guess I am gonna choose another plant to be one of my two biggie plants outside this summer..................

Damn, sorry to hear about the flower so soon! that's horrible! Oh well just means you get to get medicated a little sooner! they look amazing so far, and the strain name's are out of this world! bet the Cream will be amazing. feel free to stop by my first grow, i'll defiantly be over here at yours!

Thanks DJ!

I hate to say, if I buy seeds, I look at the name first then the details. My boyfriend gets after me for it, but I like to go with the less familiar strains................I didn't buy the Critical or Strawberry Blue (they were freebies), but I did get to choose the Custard Cream and Ganesh Spirit. Even if a strain has an awesome name, I still do my research to see the benefits of the plant as well as how big it gets and the quality overall. I think as I bought the Ganesh Spirit, that will be my other big outdoor plant (along with the Custard Cream).

I will go look at your blog now :)

WP_20140528_002.jpg

I put my Custard Cream in an EarthBox..............which is really cool, it has a reservoir which you feed through a tube, a fitted cover and I even used their Organic fertilizers. This is a test, never done it before, I just wanted to see how well it would work.

Back
Top Bottom