2nd Time Around - PearlDark's Next Attempt at This

WP_20140529_008.jpg

After topping half my Ganesh Spirit (it has the odd leaf growth), I bent it over, as well as my Strawberry Blue. Moved my Sugar Mango Rider autoflower to a new pot, and am just keeping an eye on the flowering on my Critical (which looks droopy in the photo, but that is just because that is what it does at night).

WP_20140529_005.jpg

The Custard Cream suffered no transplant shock, it looks very happy. I used a wire to separate the leaves at the top a bit to promote more healthy growth.

WP_20140605_010.jpg

Just transplanted my Strawberry Blue to an EarthBox Jr.................pulled it over so get some good undergrowth. I am going to bring it inside soon, it won't be one of my big outside plants (not enough room), but at least it will get to a decent size indoors so I can see how I like it (I am going to take a clone soon).

GROW UPDATE

WP_20140607_006.jpg

My Custard Cream is looking great! Pulled down the two main branches............

WP_20140607_005.jpg

Strawberry Blue is really getting a lot of growth!

WP_20140607_004.jpg

Transplanting my Ganesh Spirit tomorrow to my other large EarthBox!

WP_20140607_003.jpg

My Sugar Mango Rider is looking ok, but it is one SLOW autoflower............

WP_20140607_002.jpg

The Critical is puttering along, not expecting anything spectacular from it.

WP_20140608_0041.jpg

The Custard Cream I pulled all 4 main branches down now.............trying to keep it shorter, not so stretched out. Last year since it was my first time growing I did now understand how beneficial pulling down branches is...........amazing how much undergrowth pops up even after a one day!

WP_20140608_0031.jpg

Transplanted my Ganesh Spirit last night, luckily it was not root-bound. Looks very perky and healthy. Crawdaddy still says it looks funny, but the 3 leaf growth does not bother me.

Cut down the Critical today................it just was not going to be worth the effort. Will just focus my attention on my other plants that hopefully will do really well!

They are all filling out nicely since transplanting/pulling down:thumb:
WP_20140610_001.jpg
WP_20140610_002.jpg
WP_20140610_003.jpg

Our puppy enjoys watching while I take care of the plants..........she loves to find a chance to steal the plant markers.........

Plant update: All is going very well. I thinned out the leaves a bit on all the plants to promote growth from beneath. And finally my SMR autoflower is actually filling out. Hope this keeps up! Just been feeding the plants filtered water and a dose of nutrients once a week..........seems to be working :)
WP_20140617_007.jpg

Sugar Mango Rider (AUTOFLOWER)
WP_20140617_006.jpg

Custard Cream
WP_20140617_005.jpg

Ganesh Spirit
WP_20140617_004.jpg

Strawberry Blue

Subscribed PearlDark, I like a slow and easy journal. I will enjoy this.
You might need to let Crawdaddy know your going to need more room.
I have not started my first grow yet but, soon.

Subscribed PearlDark, I like a slow and easy journal. I will enjoy this.
You might need to let Crawdaddy know your going to need more room.
I have not started my first grow yet but, soon.

Yeah, my journal is not so crazy detailed as Crawdaddy's (he is a master grower, I am a novice)...........I keep it easy to read, with a lot of pictures:thumb:

Yeah, I was told there may not be a place inside for my Strawberry Blue...............gotta figure that one out.

Did you see your reps, you have two now!!!!

It takes me about a week to go through all the subscribes I have, see you soon, keep it green.

WP_20140629_002.jpg

I finally contributed to our grow set up........bought the 4x4 Gorilla Tent and Mars II 1200 LED Light. Going to move my Strawberry Blue in there, Crawdaddy is going to move his Bubble Gums in there later.

I finally contributed to our grow set up........bought the 4x4 Gorilla Tent and Mars II 1200 LED Light. Going to move my Strawberry Blue in there, Crawdaddy is going to move his Bubble Gums in there later.

Congratulations. :bravo:
Your purchase of tent and light indicates you have been officially infected with the grow bug.
May your magnificent obsession yield all the grand in your dreams.

Thank you!

An extra tent in the set up there was key if I wanted to have room for my stuff! I do not care to have a ton of plants, just a couple I can call my own:thumb: I honestly prefer growing outside, but it would be nice to have a plant inside in the off season. My Strawberry Blue has a longer flower period, so that has to go inside or it would get bud rot by the time it would be ready outside (I gotta harvest my outdoor plants by the end of September!). Also a little room for my onion starts in January/February would be nice :)

WP_20140630_018.jpg

The greenhouse was reorganized today, my Ganesh Spirit and Custard Cream now have room to breathe............

I got rid of all the useless undergrowth on both of them, and went through and cut off the leaves that were covering some of the lower tops. I have actually done that twice already to both, but they keep needing thinning out! Very happy plants!

WP_20140701_0021.jpg

I now have a nice Custard Cream clone. Cut a healthy top off the plant, put it in a rockwool cube after dipping in some cloning solution.........it got rooted, so I just moved it to a pot outside. So far my Custard Cream is the most impressive plant I have grown, it is one I think I want to keep around a while. Will probably take another clone at some point....................

WP_20140708_002.jpg

My Custard Cream and Ganesh Spirit are very healthy! They would be a lot bushier, but I keep thinning the heck out of them............got rid of so much of the undergrowth that won't be good for anything but hash.............my focus is getting big, healthy buds, not about the quantity of pot I get out of the plants.

WP_20140708_001.jpg

My Sugar Mango Rider Autoflower is finally buffing up. By the time it is ready to harvest I will probably get just one nice big bud out of it. Been giving it flower nutrients, hoping it will really fill out!

subbed up. Very nice journal. I'm familiar with Craw from his and other journals. Very nice to meet you. I too just popped a freebie Strawberry Blue. I have it inside, but all I have are CFLs. I need to make a decision on what LED I want to buy...decisions, decisions.

I also love outdoor growing, but all my plants have been in flower since May. Any suggestions or knowledge about outdoor growing is welcome on any journal of mine.

Glad to be here now.

Back
Top Bottom