2nd try outdoor, need any helpful tips

indochronic

Hello there peps! im trying a autoflower Quickone again outside. the last one i wasnt ready for the soil and mini greenhouse and all prepaired but it got attacked by slugs and abit of over watering (becuse it was close to tomatoe plants).
Anyway iv reprepaired the soil and added a new top lair of soil that was under leaves in my front and dug abit down and started taking soil there. and the top stuff with little leaves etc. in it:) I made a new green house that should do the job for her.
The only thing i did for the slugs and keeping them away, was beer in a cup method. im defo gona do it again with one in the corner a good bit away from the plant and i was thinking of aload of copper coins ina circle and make a little wall with 1cents :laughtwo: rekon it would work? ( its instead of the copper strip thing thats suppoose to shock slugs some how)
And any other handy tips is much appreciated it nothing serious i just want to give it a shot outside and see how well my garden soil grows MJ and if the sun does a good job too :)

Re: 2nd try outdoor, need any helpfull tips

Yea man iv been in the garden the past couple weeks the weathers been pretty nice, concidering were i am. iv one seed in germ now that will be going outside in 2-3 weeks when its even nicer out hopefully. since its going outside and its an auto im gona have to repot it so that my only problem so far lol. il have pics up in my J every couple days once she goes out :)

put down some fine gravel , sand, something they would hate to cross , im growing in N Ireland so i get plenty of slugs where my grow is ,
i put 2 single wardrobes on their back and cooked some soil for a while , then i bought that cover

P1060924.JPG

P10609191.JPG

put down some fine gravel , sand, something they would hate to cross , im growing in N Ireland so i get plenty of slugs where my grow is ,
i put 2 single wardrobes on their back and cooked some soil for a while , then i bought that cover

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/P1060924.JPG[/

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/P10609191.JPG

Very ingenious Prof :bravo:

and does anyone know about time laps cams for plants iv seen ones made for horticulturists and there abit expencive. but i came across something similar thats also a sucurity cam with night vision etc. for arond the same price as the ones made for plants or a little cheaper.
Plant/ security cam

1666930824811.png

wow here we go , hope i dont forget any thing

rock dust
lime
fish blood and bone meal
burnt wood ash
egg shells
worm castings
seaweed
pigeon minerals
high cal grit for pigeons also lol
i then made up brews with molasses , compost , nettles , coconut water , and feed the soil for a few weeks while im waiting to plant out ,

Very nice loads of natural ingredience there :) one day i hope to use some compost or make a nice mix. Iv a couple of bins full of all sorts from egg shelss tea bags and the rest but i dont know what to do with them and theyv been getting topped up for about a year and a bit now ones full up, so im guessing it pretty much broke down by now. do u pour them out into a box like bin with a hole in the bottom or whats good to do ? i only recently got organic compost brake down stuff to help it :D
The reason im eager to get this done is that the bins are starting to stink. lol and i hear the result of the compost that come out is great and full of goodness :yummy:

P1060924.JPG

P10609191.JPG

Very nice setup Professor! Is that cilantro you've got as a companion in there? :goodjob:

Hey I hate to keep plugging one product for outdoor grows....but... I will. I have had great luck simply sprinkling a healthy dose of Epsom Salts around the plant in a circle. Slugs will not cross it . I believe that it also helps repel small critters. I believe that most don't like the smell of the sulfur or they just don't like it on their feet. I plant 1000's of melon and cucumber plants each year.
I liberally sprinkle Epsom salts on top of the plastic around the plants. I noticed that both crawling insects and small animals didn't bother the treated rows while adjacent rows were pillaged by them. The best part about Epsom salts is that you will see an almost immediate improvement in plant vitality and best of all..........It's cheap!

Back
Top Bottom