2x Adjust-a-wing 315W CMH in 1500x800 tent?

d42zero

I've got a 315w Adjust-a-wing in a 1.2m/4' tent, it's been doing well and in veg they grow like weeds but I feel like the plants aren't finishing off quite as strong as they should.

The 1.2m tent is too big for my room so I've been looking around and I settled on a 1500x800, fits my room perfectly and should let me scrog two plants in a way that I can reach all the colas from the front (as the tent is hard up against 2 walls).

Independently of the tent thing I've been considering upgrading to a 630w Adjust-a-wing, but when I decided on the tent I realised I could run two lights side-by-side. I'll double the heat but it's winter here and the room hasn't gotten above 16degC for weeks, I've been running a heater during lights-on to try and raise the temp while my last girls were flowering. I'll have to think about heat in summer but I'll deal with that when it gets here..

What would you guys say to running one light for seedling/veg and two lights for flower? Would keep the power cost down a lot. It would also let me have different colour temp globes for veg and flower... I've seen colour temps mentioned but never really looked into it, is it worth the time to learn about it or is it just marketing hype?

Veg is when the plants need summer sun to grow. I use a cmh315w in a 3x3, 4k bulb veg through stretch then swap to a warm 3k bulb to finish.

CECBEDB9-40F1-4CA3-A34C-9F437B106894.jpeg

Veg is when the plants need summer sun to grow. I use a cmh315w in a 3x3, 4k bulb veg through stretch then swap to a warm 3k bulb to finish.

CECBEDB9-40F1-4CA3-A34C-9F437B106894.jpeg

Running one light in veg and two lights in flower lets me change colour temperatures slightly more cheaply, as it means I only need one of the veg bulbs and two flower bulbs (vs. 2x veg and 2x flower)

I thought the same as you, that wild plants would get more light in summer, but light calculators always seem to suggest about 20% more light in flower... It seems weird to give them more light (and therefore heat) in their "winter" but maybe there's a good reason for it?

What would you do if you had two 315s.. Run them both all the way through?

Im new at this. The 4k bulb is closer to daylight spectrum and the 3k bulb has more red in the spectrum for flower...both my bulbs are Phillips. If I had the space and needed two 315 lights I would stay with The 4k through stretch, then 3k to finish flower. The guy at the grow shop did say you could run the 4k the entire grow.

Back
Top Bottom