3 grows in, struggling mid flower

Have u tried.? Most all.folks.that plant flowers of any kind normally use rock in the bottom s.for.drainage
I have, both rocks and clay balls. It's not that it doesn't work, it just that it doesn't work that well...

The drainage is actually worse so over watering is easier ;)

Not a fan of this lady but she presents an excellent visual presentation of the process.

Cheers

I have, both rocks and clay balls. It's not that it doesn't work, it just that it doesn't work that well...

Not a fan of this lady but she presents an excellent visual presentation of the process.

Cheers
Mabey u need to change soils could be that

In my experience soils such as FFOF and generic potting soils are not worth the trouble.

I now use ProMIx HP, no bugs, total control over feed.

And it's ph buffered !

Cheers

As a new grower, it's frustrating to buy soil for close to $40 a bag and then throw it in the trash can. I've purchased two different bags of FFOF (in the trash now) and really hate throwing the Happy Frog away too. But, with the problems I'm having, maybe I'll try something new. Thanks for the tip on ProMix, I'll see if I can find it and will read up on it.

If I do attempt to use Happy Frog, I'm hoping Dolomite lime will help buffer the soil and keep the PH from dropping mid flower. I'll be watching soil PH this grow. My grows have been very healthy through veg and early flower, its mid flower that always seems to get me.

Cheers

I read up on this a while ago. From what I understand, soil has a "whicking" ability to draw water up from the bottom, or down from the top. It seems that water does not just drain freely out the bottom, no matter what you add. The soil will draw water leaving it stuck somewhere below the middle of the pot. This makes sense, when you bottom feed (water) a plant, notice how the water gets sucked up. So, yes it's a problem draining soil especially after heavy watering or a flush. Sorry, not sure if this makes sense. I've even thought of sticking an air tube directly through the lower middle of the pot to get air to wet places. (a plastic tube with holes and screens to blow air directly into the "perched" water table.) I'm not sure if it would work but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom