3 strain grow: Problem with White Widow

Hayron1088

Title says it all. I have three strains in a 2x4 tent. Temp hovers between 70-85 with RH being between 35-50%. I monitor everything I can and noticed that the WW is just having a bad time since flipping to flower. She used to be the healthiest but now even the “who knows what” bag seed, is doing way better. I dose Big Blooms and Buds brand nutes(1/2 dose) every other watering and haven’t had a problem all thru Veg. I watered them all yesterday with the half dose of said nutes and the pics posted will show what I’m dealing with. I noticed some of the other girls have a little wrinkle in some of the leaves which I concluded is heat damage from being exposed to 90-95 degrees for roughly 4-6 hours(I was not home). I’ll post pics and hopefully someone can ease my brain!

PS: the WW is the one on the far right.

D0E592BC-7CD1-4404-BFB8-E589B3A241C0.jpeg

AA711F3C-ABD4-4D93-9722-10F426D83EBB.jpeg

6FA660D0-170E-470D-B439-3018BEE4955A.jpeg

I’m throwing darts at the Wall Street journal hoping to hit it big with a lucky stock pick....

Cold feet? What room is your tent in? Is it located on the first floor, second floor, basement or garage? What kind of floor surface is underneath your tent...... if it’s tile or concrete thot could be your issue - even if the other 2 chicks are fine.

Wet feet? If you lift the grow bags up - is there a wet spot under them ? You know girls don’t like to sit in a puddle.... can you elevate the grow bags up on some kind of grate, like an oven grate or a grill grate that has wood block spacers to get more air flow under the bags? Point a fan down under to help air movement.

Pests? Snip a leaf or two and scope both sides looking for mite eggs. Do you have a jewelers loupe or mini microscope? If not download smart phone app called magnifyer, mites are very hard to see and you won’t see eggs without serious magnification, like 30X to 60X .

All right Hayron.... hope something here helps

I’m throwing darts at the Wall Street journal hoping to hit it big with a lucky stock pick....

Cold feet? What room is your tent in? Is it located on the first floor, second floor, basement or garage? What kind of floor surface is underneath your tent...... if it’s tile or concrete thot could be your issue - even if the other 2 chicks are fine.

Wet feet? If you lift the grow bags up - is there a wet spot under them ? You know girls don’t like to sit in a puddle.... can you elevate the grow bags up on some kind of grate, like an oven grate or a grill grate that has wood block spacers to get more air flow under the bags? Point a fan down under to help air movement.

Pests? Snip a leaf or two and scope both sides looking for mite eggs. Do you have a jewelers loupe or mini microscope? If not download smart phone app called magnifyer, mites are very hard to see and you won’t see eggs without serious magnification, like 30X to 60X .

All right Hayron.... hope something here helps

tent is in my attic and temps in the tent vary between 72-85 honestly. The girls are up off the ground Atleast 3inches. I definitely do not have a pest problem. My little secret is ladybugs. I put Atleast four in per grow! The white widow leaves are thinner then the Cherry Pie, is that genetics or did she suffer at some point before coming to me? I’ve noticed that since acquiring her. Hope this reply helps and I’m extremely grateful for the help!

Title says it all. I have three strains in a 2x4 tent. Temp hovers between 70-85 with RH being between 35-50%. I monitor everything I can and noticed that the WW is just having a bad time since flipping to flower. She used to be the healthiest but now even the “who knows what” bag seed, is doing way better. I dose Big Blooms and Buds brand nutes(1/2 dose) every other watering and haven’t had a problem all thru Veg. I watered them all yesterday with the half dose of said nutes and the pics posted will show what I’m dealing with. I noticed some of the other girls have a little wrinkle in some of the leaves which I concluded is heat damage from being exposed to 90-95 degrees for roughly 4-6 hours(I was not home). I’ll post pics and hopefully someone can ease my brain!

PS: the WW is the one on the far right.

D0E592BC-7CD1-4404-BFB8-E589B3A241C0.jpeg

AA711F3C-ABD4-4D93-9722-10F426D83EBB.jpeg

6FA660D0-170E-470D-B439-3018BEE4955A.jpeg
Beautiful girls my friend.
WW are heavy feeders from what I understand. Try and bump her strength up at next feeding. Just 2c. Happy growing friend.

tent is in my attic and temps in the tent vary between 72-85 honestly. The girls are up off the ground Atleast 3inches. I definitely do not have a pest problem. My little secret is ladybugs. I put Atleast four in per grow! The white widow leaves are thinner then the Cherry Pie, is that genetics or did she suffer at some point before coming to me? I’ve noticed that since acquiring her. Hope this reply helps and I’m extremely grateful for the help!
White widow is a Heavy heavy feeder...This will not show that much during Veg however now that's shes flowering she is letting you know...and yes just Genetics

This is often the problem with a Multiple strain grow, Nutrient strength might be fine for one but not enough for the other

Either feed her apart from the other ladies or up the Nutrients and hope the others wont suffer from those higher values

excellent, glad to hear you are dialed in on those items I mentioned. Ah well Bill might have hit the nail on the head by upping the feed.... stay after it and keep us posted
I most certainly will keep you posted! I’m so impressed with the random bag seed. It’s flourishing with minimal foliage.

White widow is a Heavy heavy feeder...This will not show that much during Veg however now that's shes flowering she is letting you know...and yes just Genetics

This is often the problem with a Multiple strain grow, Nutrient strength might be fine for one but not enough for the other

Either feed her apart from the other ladies or up the Nutrients and hope the others wont suffer from those higher values
My plan is to feed nutes every other watering. After doing months and months of reading I think I have decided to do dry amendments. Not synthetic nutes. Unless someone can recommend a fertilizer better then Big Bloom and Buds.

*UPDATE*

I think I may have a small problem and hopefully it’s an easy fix. I’m using Big Blooms and Buds nutrients(for the last time,converting to dry amendments) and it recommends 1/2 oz to 1oz per gallon of each. I also added 15ml of cal mag and 5 tsp of molasses. All of this has been added to 5 gallons and ph correct after. So my problem, the ppm is only 300... why?

I also found this as a dry amendment. Would this be sufficient? It’s Dr. Earth Home Grown fertilizer. It’s 4-6-3.

I’m trying to go organic and my worms have not composted enough to reap the rewards yet so until then I want to try a product that’s local. Also, could this be a suitable additive for a compost tea recipe?? Thank you all in advance!!!! Happy Growing!

Geo Flora organic dry mix is creating a lot of buzz here lately, spoon it on every 2 weeks as top dress and water it in
You really got me on this Geo Flora... I’m really liking it and it’s simplicity. Never is simple, but you get what I mean. I’m almost ready for my Peyote zkittlez grow. I’m growing 2 at a time starting in roughly 2 weeks. I can definitely keep you posted on those results but until then I don’t think it wise to change amendment type in week 2 of flowering...

Apologies, life got busy there!

Not sure on your soup mix coming out to 300 ppm. How much of each variety are you adding? Not familiar with these products but the labels I saw said 1/2 ounce to 2 ounces per gallon. There are 3 products Fish Concentrate, Fish & Kelp and Ocean Kelp. So 15 mil to 60 mil times 5 gallons = 75 mil to 300 mil. Plus any time you mix nutes add your cal-mag first stir it in wait 10 minutes I like a paint stir paddle in my battery drill, then do your NPK stir that in and adjust ph last

I’ve seen that Dr Earth but no firsthand experience, IIRC it’s says make tea from it on the bag. I’m guessing it’s got the NPK but prolly not the calcium or magnesium but IDK. Yes agree plants looked good in last pics no need to switch horses near the end of a race. I’m just now trying the MC and I want to put Geo Flora on the dance card soon, it does sound real simple.

Thanks for that info on the Cal-Mag I didn’t know that so hats off to you Sir. I have really bad OCD so these three girls get a lot of attention. I’ll throw in some random updates for everyone.

Did a little LST while my tea brews for the next watering. I believe I have to move my tent... the temp got to 75 outside which made my attic about 95 with three fans inside and two massive fans outside... the canopy is getting the net this weekend also which is exciting as it’s my first time using one. My canopy was getting uneven settling into day 8 of flower so installing the net soon seems like a wise choice right? To late? To early? With way, the grow is going well with the exception of the heat problem which I will resolve soon. Zkittlez coming up in a couple weeks!!!! Talk soon everyone

26211D91-0FB0-4849-B307-E6FCCB276E1C.jpeg

Just a little update, moved to a more suitable location to better monitor environment. Been using Dr. Earth tomato and vegetable organic dry amendments and Dr. Earth Flowergirl. So far I’m noticing good results! It’s only been two weeks so I’ll update weekly. 2nd picture is White Widow showing some purple! Didn’t think WW showed that coloration...

I went to Dr. Earth website and submitted a question about the products, there is a tea recipe on the back and I asked them if I can top dress and use the tea. Now I’m not totally stupid so I wouldn’t do both at the same time but would like to know that if it is possible to do both then how/when? If anyone here knows the answer then great! I am making my own compost and can’t wait to use it but until I will be patiently waiting! If anyone has any questions or advice please share!!

B4B2CD78-2D57-4201-966A-98D13078F22E.jpeg

0BE3CAD0-C97C-4D54-82F6-0AD1938E4814.png

Wow I’m digging that purple foliage - looking good in the hood. Smart move on booting the attic, that would never fly in summer
Yea I definitely tried but my house was built in 1932... not to insulated up there for sure. I haven’t heard back from dr.earth on the tea and nutrient question but once I do, can I post the results somewhere for all to see and learn? As in I would like to sticky it assuming I’m not the only one that’s trying this

Back
Top Bottom