White sugar on leaves

iSkyWalk

Currently on my second grow. I'm about 3 weeks into flowering and I noticed these white sugar crystals all over the top of both plants. Diddnt notice until a day after getting first full dose of nutes.
Currently using ff tiger bloom
Humidity hovers around 30 constant
Strains are skunk #1 and 1 indica sour.
Planta are under 1 Mars hydro 300 and 5 43w cfls. I thought it was mildew but I'm still new to growing, looking for some advice here

420-magazine-mobile864867741.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2105474157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile899265486.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do you have a dehumidifier? Or, are you just measuring the RH? If you don't have a dehumidifier, I would suggest investing in one. If you have one, I would make sure it is properly draining the moisture it is capturing. Also, any residual water can cause fungus. So make sure your plant isn't sitting in standing water under the pot. Hope this helps.

Up with hope, down with dope!

Do you have a dehumidifier? Or, are you just measuring the RH? If you don't have a dehumidifier, I would suggest investing in one. If you have one, I would make sure it is properly draining the moisture it is capturing. Also, any residual water can cause fungus. So make sure your plant isn't sitting in standing water under the pot. Hope this helps.

I don't have a dehumidifier, will get one today if that is the issue. It was weird that it only started after a full dose of nutes. I have a thermostat with rh and temp.

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but that looks like a fungus. You might want to isolate that plant before it spreads. You need to post a clearer picture of the white stuff, though, to be sure.
420-magazine-mobile1338657894.jpg

Before it got hard it was kind of oozing out of the leaves. Not all the leaves but only a few branches down. Should I trim all the family leaves?

Hmmm....
If it looks like sugar, it is probably residue from something that was spilled on them and it evaporated. I'd wash it off and see. Mold and PM don't have a crystal structure - at least none I've seen.

This the skunk. I topped in veg and you can see its on one top but not the other.

420-magazine-mobile1532870924.jpg

How do you feed your nutes? I would test some of your nute mix and drop on dark paper. Wait a day to see if it crystallized and that might help resolve the issue if it isn't mold

How do you feed your nutes? I would test some of your nute mix and drop on dark paper. Wait a day to see if it crystallized and that might help resolve the issue if it isn't mold

I mix in a 3gl. Ppm between 900 to 1000. I feed every other watering. If it does crystallize after being left on dark paper would that mean that's what's on the leaves?

420-magazine-mobile1740784258.jpg

Idk if you guys can see the residue. Is this up the alley of mold?

This is what's happened you splashed your nutrient soluion on the leaves as it evaporated in your lights it concentrated. Heat plus concentrated nutrient solution = burn. Dw about fungus etc. just wash off with Luke warm spray water bottle and don't use same mix on foliage only on roots. A less conc solution for foliar feed would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I mix in a 3gl. Ppm between 900 to 1000. I feed every other watering. If it does crystallize after being left on dark paper would that mean that's what's on the leaves?

Yes

(sorry for butting in)

Mold for example is more like thin cotton like substance on there
and
Powdery mildew is a fungus disease of many plants. It is easily recognized by its white powdery growth on both sides of leaves.

It doesn't sound like any of them two.

It looks like crystals in the pictures. How do they feel? hard? soft? scrub off and rub between fingers..soft or like rubbing sugar between your fingers?​

If it washes off, it isn't mold. Def' looks like a spill that dried.

Yes

(sorry for butting in)

Mold for example is more like thin cotton like substance on there
and
Powdery mildew is a fungus disease of many plants. It is easily recognized by its white powdery growth on both sides of leaves.

It doesn't sound like any of them two.

It looks like crystals in the pictures. How do they feel? hard? soft? scrub off and rub between fingers..soft or like rubbing sugar between your fingers?​
It's crusty but rubs off with little residual left. It's chalky. I'm going to spray with lukewarm water.

Yes. And for peace of mind. Just like every one else is saying, probably not mold. Also, water left on leaves can become a magnifying glass and burn your leaves. The last pic looks like the the nutes

You guys are more than helpful. I'm going to spray with water and see what happens. This is my first led grow and it made my head scratch

Back
Top Bottom