3 way breeding question

zxcvbnm

If you wanted a 3 way breed could you extract pollen from 2 different males mix it up real good and paint your selected female plant with this "hybrid pollen" and get 3 strains in one?

Or would you have to breed 1 male with 1 female, then breed that cross with another male (after the first cross was mature, (assuming it was female))?

I could be wrong here... and someone please correct me if I am, but I believe each "ovum" is pollinated by a single "sperm"... just like humans.
If my initial assumption is correct, than the first method you mentioned would not create a 3way. You'll need to go the much longer route.

Search the forums for breeding info (see the search button at the very top of the page?), I'm certain you'll find tons of info... most of it probably better than mine.

Cheers!

I would think you would make the cross, grow the seed and cross the best plant you grew out....and cross it again with the third plant.....I like using the baggie over the bud pollinate just that branch.....just a opinion.

A three way cross could also be done by taking the three best plants two males and one female. Grow a three to maturity take pollen from male A and male B pollenate seperate buds on the female and tag the buds as to which ones were pollenated by which male. Those seeds would be a 50% male A 50% female genes. 50% male B 50% female seeds. Then take those 50/50 seeds cross them with eachother to get 75/25. Then I think cross them with male A or male B to get 33/33/33. tricky to do in my head but I think that's right. I would have to ref. The breeders bible to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom