3 week old Auto - Outdoors

Indigoism

Hey guys its been awhile since my last post, last year year I attempted to grow a bag seed not really knowing what I was doing and had so many problems with it from spider mites to nutrient deficiancys, I dont think it needs to be said but it got no where. I would also like to say quickly I am sorry for the massive post but I am deeply passionate about this as I know a lot of you are, I appreciate any and all help.

Over the last year I have been researching all about how to grow and have managed to get my hands on a Blueberry Auto seed from speed seeds. Obviously reading about it and actually doing it hands on are completely different but I feel like I know the basics, anyway it has now been 3 weeks since I first started germinating her (around 18 days since she sprouted) and I am starting to get worried that I started her too early in the season, Id rather keep my location a secret even though its one plant and for personal use I do not want to risk anything happening (I was a bit hesitant to even post here again). Lets just say its the start of spring, we get maybe 8 hours of direct sunlight with the occasional rainy/cloudy day.

Now to the question at hand, I am worried shes not growing fast enough, I obviously do not expect a great yield as this will be my real first attempt but I want to know - judging from the images I have attached am I destined for failure? I have looked at other outdoor auto grows and they are a lot more developed than mine if so what I can do to maybe get things rolling a bit faster or do I have nothing to worry about? I am currently growing her in id say around a 15 or so litre pot, the soil I am using is a mix of this fluffy/woody potting mix and some soil from my Nans garden, Since sprouting I have only watered her once which was yesterday with a very small dose of vege nutes.

I look forward to hearing from a more experienced grower and hope I have nothing too much to worry about, any tips would be lovely too, Cheers!

image37476.jpg

Since you are growing an auto, you don't really need to worry about how fast it's growing. It does its own thing. Having said that, she could use some supplemental lighting to give her the light she needs. She could take light 24 hrs. We like to give them 18 h of lights, and 6 h off. That would help speed up her growing, which would potentially produce more yield.

What line of nutes are you using? Do you use calmag?

She looks good though. Get that light out there asap. She may start flowering soon.

Have a great day bud!

Since you are growing an auto, you don't really need to worry about how fast it's growing. It does its own thing. Having said that, she could use some supplemental lighting to give her the light she needs. She could take light 24 hrs. We like to give them 18 h of lights, and 6 h off. That would help speed up her growing, which would potentially produce more yield.

What line of nutes are you using? Do you use calmag?

She looks good though. Get that light out there asap. She may start flowering soon.

Have a great day bud!

Hey Canna! Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it! :)

That is great to hear! I am running on a very low budget as I am unfortunately out of work atm so I used some of this Seasol Seeweed concentrate and Yates Thrive all purpose soluble fertiliser I had laying around, I know its not the best NPK ratio for Autos (N:25 P:5 K:8.8) but I figured it's better than nothing (it has other trace elements too of course), not sure if you would know this but you wouldn't happen to have any suggestions on what nutes I should use? I have researched it but everything people suggest isn't available where I am and I am honestly stumped on what to try, I don't want to waste money I don't have if you know what I mean.

No I am not using calmag, would it be a good idea to invest in some? if I was to get some how would you suggest I use it? I am going to start bringing her inside during the night and have her sit next to an CFL light I have, not sure if its the right light for it but I guess that with the sun shes getting during the day it can only do more good than bad.

I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Much love!

EDIT: I just had to make this edit to say I love your name! Also I said LED I meant CFL :p

Hey Canna! Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it! :)

That is great to hear! I am running on a very low budget as I am unfortunately out of work atm so I used some of this Seasol Seeweed concentrate and Yates Thrive all purpose soluble fertiliser I had laying around, I know its not the best NPK ratio for Autos (N:25 P:5 K:8.8) but I figured it's better than nothing (it has other trace elements too of course), not sure if you would know this but you wouldn't happen to have any suggestions on what nutes I should use? I have researched it but everything people suggest isn't available where I am and I am honestly stumped on what to try, I don't want to waste money I don't have if you know what I mean.

No I am not using calmag, would it be a good idea to invest in some? if I was to get some how would you suggest I use it? I am going to start bringing her inside during the night and have her sit next to an LED light I have, not sure if its the right light for it but I guess that with the sun shes getting during the day it can only do more good than bad.

I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Much love!

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. I'm in the same boat right now. I'm union, and will have another job soon though.

We like to use Fox Farm (one word) nutes. They have a big line up, but you could get away with the 3 of them and add the other 9 as money allows. Never use Mirakle Grow. It's too hot for the plants, I believe.

Calmag is a necessity in soil grows. You can use it 2 ways. 1. You can add 1 Tsp per gallon and give it with feedings. 2. You can mix at the same strength and use as a foliar feeding. That means you will spray it on the leaves top and on the underside. The plant will absorb it there. You have to be careful with foliar feedings though. The droplets on the leaves are like little magnifying glasses for the sun. It burns the leaves, making the leaves less useful. You don't want that.

Do you use well or tap water? Chlorinated? Do you ph your water?

A led will work, as long as it's the right numbers. I know this probably doesn't make much sense. I don't study about lights. Nis does, so you could ask him if your led will be good for the plant. You should stop by our journal, introduce yourself, and ask about the light there. There are 3 or 4 guys who frequent the journal who could help you, Nis being one of them.

:passitleft:

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. I'm in the same boat right now. I'm union, and will have another job soon though.

We like to use Fox Farm (one word) nutes. They have a big line up, but you could get away with the 3 of them and add the other 9 as money allows. Never use Mirakle Grow. It's too hot for the plants, I believe.

Calmag is a necessity in soil grows. You can use it 2 ways. 1. You can add 1 Tsp per gallon and give it with feedings. 2. You can mix at the same strength and use as a foliar feeding. That means you will spray it on the leaves top and on the underside. The plant will absorb it there. You have to be careful with foliar feedings though. The droplets on the leaves are like little magnifying glasses for the sun. It burns the leaves, making the leaves less useful. You don't want that.

Do you use well or tap water? Chlorinated? Do you ph your water?

A led will work, as long as it's the right numbers. I know this probably doesn't make much sense. I don't study about lights. Nis does, so you could ask him if your led will be good for the plant. You should stop by our journal, introduce yourself, and ask about the light there. There are 3 or 4 guys who frequent the journal who could help you, Nis being one of them.

:passitleft:

Thank you once again! Times are pretty rough out there atm but I have a roof over my head and a beautiful girl growing in the next room ;) what more could I ask for? I am sorry you are going through the same thing, I really hope it works out for you!

Nice, I have seen a lot of people say they use fox farm nutes so it must live up to its reputation, unfortunately the only way I think I can get my hands on some is if I buy it online which I guess I need to start cracking onto before its too late.

That is great to know thank you very much! It's been pretty hard for me to wrap my head around the nutes part of growing and what ones are essential, I will find out where I can find some calmag tomorrow and try using it as a foliar in the afternoons when the suns going down. I guess its just trial and error at the end of the day but this has cleared a lot of it for me. :)

I have been using a mixture of Tap water/rain water thats been collecting in a bucket I keep outside, there should hopefully be 0 chlorine in it now, I do PH my water to around 6 only problem is I only have the drops to test the PH level so its not always exactly the same. Again though since planting her I have only watered her once (yesterday) Which I only did to give her some nutes, I should of put some gravel or something at the bottom of the pot so it drains better because the pot has not dried out once since planting her 3 weeks ago, but too late now.

Thats great to hear! I know what you mean :) I just did some research, still not 100% sure if this light is right for the job but I will deffs check your journal out and see if Nis can give me some advice as soon as I get home, I truly appreciate you spending your precious time to help me out I can't thank you enough! <3

I hope you have a great day/night! I will talk to you soon :)

Back
Top Bottom