Quick few questions

Indigoism

Hey guys :)

It's been a few days since I have posted here, I am currently 5 weeks into my first grow it is a Blueberry Auto and I am growing her outside during the day and under a little cfl most of the night in soil. She started to pre-flower 3 days ago and the only nutes I have given her was some nitrogen fertilizer during veg (I am currently on a low budget).

I just had a few questions regarding these orange/yellow spots that have appeared on a small amount of leaves, does anyone know what this is and should I be worried? I hope the photo quality is good enough I had a little look around and saw something called "Downy mildew" please tell me this is not that :S

image37514.jpg

image37515.jpg

And a little dot on the new growth if you can see it.
image37516.jpg

Second question does she look deficient in any way? to me it looks like she may be lacking something (light leaves with dark veins) here is a photo.

image37517.jpg

And finally because of the lack of nutes and the soil I used which doesn't have the best drainage she is pretty small (compared to others I have seen anyway) I am literally going to be happy with anything I get from her but considering this is my first grow how do you think I/she is going, thank you anyone that has made it this far, all help is greatly appreciated <3

image37518.jpg

Hey there man.
Can you see any bugs around the plant? Check very carefully as some are tiny, if you have a magnifier it would help mate. Make sure to check on the underside of the leaves too alot hang about there.
Yeah it is small for the age but it's your first time so don't worry. Just learn from this one.
I was taught that I shouldn't worry about the harvest on my 1st 2nd even 3rd grow as the most important thing you will take away is the knowledge that you have learnt. Of course we all want something to show for it but just don't worry to much as every problem you encounter will teach you to do it different next time. I'm not going to say it's definitely this or that as I'm not sure but I have seen spider mite bites look similar, hence why I said check for bugs. Check out pest and problems section here you might stumble across your answer there
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there man.
Can you see any bugs around the plant? Check very carefully as some are tiny, if you have a magnifier it would help mate. Make sure to check on the underside of the leaves too alot hang about there.
Yeah it is small for the age but it's your first time so don't worry. Just learn from this one.
I was taught that I shouldn't worry about the harvest on my 1st 2nd even 3rd grow as the most important thing you will take away is the knowledge that you have learnt. Of course we all want something to show for it but just don't worry to much as every problem you encounter will teach you to do it different next time. I'm not going to say it's definitely this or that as I'm not sure but I have seen spider mite bites look similar, hence why I said check for bugs. Check out pest and problems section here you might stumble across your answer there .
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey mate

Thanks for the reply my man I really do appreciate it, I had a seedling that somehow got spider mites so I've been keeping it away from the first one, I guess they got on her too :( I think I saw somethings move on the underside of a leaf so I sprayed her with some need oil hoping it works.

That is very true I have already learnt so much and know what I want to change next one, Thank you for that we will see how she goes :)

Much love

~Indigoism

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah those spider mites are a pain mate but not the worst thing thing in the world and can be exterminated. Was going to say get some neem oil if so lol but your already on it aha top man!
Yeah dude it's such a learning curve, I'm still quite new myself and I certainly know I'm still learning, but I enjoy it.
I think preparation is very important, ie my next grow I will get some DE to mix into my soil before I even start potting up as had a war with fungal gnats this time, needless to say I won . But if I had the d earth mix in the gnats or any other soft body bugs will not be able to survive.
Yeah bro, I know it's a pain but check the whole plant. In between nodes, under leaves and just generally all over.
Fingers crossed for you mate.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Err... You own an iPhone and some kind of Playstation, but you cannot afford nutrients (or a bag of perlite), lol?

Anyway... Check out the giant Osmocote Plus thread. That stuff is cheaper than dirt (well... some kinds of dirt), and has been generally accepted as decent cannabis fertilizer for a while. Or pick up a bag of General Hydroponics MaxiBloom dry nutrient. As much as I hate recommending any product that is owned by the Scotts Miracle Gro monster, the stuff works - and it's very cheap. You could probably get by without the MaxiGro component, but YMMV on that (there are two schools of thought on the matter).

Err... You own an iPhone and some kind of Playstation, but you cannot afford nutrients (or a bag of perlite), lol?

Anyway... Check out the giant Osmocote Plus thread. That stuff is cheaper than dirt (well... some kinds of dirt), and has been generally accepted as decent cannabis fertilizer for a while. Or pick up a bag of General Hydroponics MaxiBloom dry nutrient. As much as I hate recommending any product that is owned by the Scotts Miracle Gro monster, the stuff works - and it's very cheap. You could probably get by without the MaxiGro component, but YMMV on that (there are two schools of thought on the matter).
Lmao we know where ts priorities lie, screw the phone and console, the girls come first haha. Made me laugh mate. You really know your a grower when you start spending more on keeping your girls happy ( the plants) than your own girls ( the daughters ) lol

Sorry for the late reply boys I am still getting used to this mobile app, I ended up ripping out the little seedling :( she was the same size she was a 2 weeks ago and I didnt want to risk my main plant getting more pests, I found out I have a fungus gnat problem :s

I didnt notice any spider mites though thankfully Triggz so I am very relieved (for now) and nice bro! if you didnt tell me you were sorta new your self I wouldnt of guessed, if you dont mind me asking what is D earth? Sounds like I need some for my next grow!

@TorturedSoul haha when you say it like that mate its pretty funny, but unfortunately I have been out of work for the last year and a half due to my back (iphone and ps4 were purchased when I had a stable job) right now I literally have $2 left praying I get a phone call soon saying you're hired! But its pretty rough out there atm, I was thinking about pawning my ps4 and buying everything I need but if I cant pay for it back i'd be devo so not worth the risk atm.

Thats great! thank you very much for the suggestions mate, I know the store down the road sells osmacote products so hopefully I have some money soon.

Haha I can see what you mean Triggz :p any spare money I get is going to be spent on supplies and I have been eyeing down grow tent kits for when I have a job again which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the replies my bros, stay high

I feel you about the employment situation. Yeah, being poor will quickly teach one what is important - because anything less will get sold for rent / food (or simply not bought in the first place). Some days I miss having an automobile, a television, the ability to run my furnace even when it's already warm enough in my house that the water in the pipes isn't going to freeze, having a second pair of shoes (okay, most days I miss having a second pair of shoes :rolleyes3 ), stuff like that. I don't really miss the zombie-like mental capacity I had after months of 80-120 hour weeks, lol, but the money was nice. I wouldn't mind finding a "happy medium," you know, 40 hours regular with an option of 16 to 24 hours overtime two or three weeks out of the month. Carrying a big bag of cat food on one shoulder and a big bag of cat litter on the other back on foot from the grocery store got old real fast, and realizing when you're at the register that you don't have to also carry a sack of groceries home because you have to tell the cashier to void everything but the cat stuff because that's all the money you have, well, that was "old" from the start.

I'd tell you to look on the bright side, lol - but when you're poor there isn't one unless you've always had the urge to hunt through dumpsters after the restaurants close and need an excuse to legitimize the err... hobby. But I will wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom