Flush or not to flush - pH or not to pH?

rhetorrikz

I was reading about flushing in the " how to grow thread "
It seems like total personal preference.
My question is since my rootzone has been as close to ph5.8 in coco from the start does it make any differance in yield or finish time forcing the plants to lockout now with ph7 tap water vs final waterings in ph'd tap water allowing some gradual uptake?
Or am i overthinking this ? Ive allways flushed not worrying about ph but just throwing the question out there in case some one noticed a differance..:thanks: ( bit early i no but i do like a heady buzz)
20151130_200554.jpg

I d say it s more important to use demineralized/RO water to do the flush, you don't really want minerals loading up in your soil pre harvest. Just what I ve heard anyway, and with RO water it s pretty easy to balance ph( if you even have too) Great picture BTW, yea she looks ready to go for my tastes, well done!:thumb:

i dont no if the minerals would make much differance when the ph is way off they wont be available to the plant?
I guess like flushing with ro water.. theres nothing in it ?
So are these one and the same ? Possibly
I wonder if keeping the root zone ph correct allows a healthier finish? Or create a ph lockout and she will use all her stored energy and finish quicker? Hmm now im just rambling

Valid points man, hmmmm now you got me thinking! Yea the RO water usually sits anywhere from 10 to 40 ppm, I m pretty sure it s a standard. I think you d want those roots doing their thing esp. in regards to flushing out nutrients...... I wonder about taste if it was locked up for the finish. Lemme know how it works out for ya mate, I m interested to know!:thumb:

when i flush i just use normal tap water the last two gallon i use PH water its a wast to flush 10 gallons of ph water as long as the last few gallons are ph the roots love it for the last two weeks of the grow

when i flush i just use normal tap water the last two gallon i use PH water its a wast to flush 10 gallons of ph water as long as the last few gallons are ph the roots love it for the last two weeks of the grow

I also make sure my first gallon is pH adjusted... and then I wait 5 minutes to flush the rest of it through. That first bit is taken up into the thirsty plant.... and then of course if the last gallon is also pH adjusted, then the container pH is good. I don't see how it could be beneficial to the plant to intentionally adjust the pH out of the zone... the goal is to have her use up stored nutrients, not adjust her pH so drastically that she can not continue normal business.

Back
Top Bottom