3rd grow day 54 flower: Fake bud sites?

Meadycus

I've grown 2 Master Kush but there are some strange small bud's growing, i'm not to worried they have female hair's growing out of them and they are covered in crystals's, i've read there can be fake bud site's are these them?

Re: 3rd grow day 54 flower fake bud site's?

IMG20170825144936.jpg
IMG20170825144826.jpg
IMG20170825144645.jpg

The first 2 photos are the bud's the 3rd is the biggest of my 2 plant's, I didn't worry about the leave's curling up as I read that greedy plant's do this and Master Kush is a greedy girl right? Any advice is more than welcome but my main concern was the small bud's. Sorry as well the pic's are not very clear but I think they should do.

Not sure what you mean about fake bud sites. Bud size has a lot to do with many factors. Of course the strain is one of those factors. Another factor is topping. Some strains grow huge colas but when topped they have more smaller buds. Of course nutrients play a part but lets just consider that the plants are healthy. The biggest factor for bud size is light intensity. Big buds take lots of light. I was amazed at the difference between a 600 watt and a 1000 watt HPS. Not just in height but bud size and density. If you are at the 54th day of flowering for a Master Kush then your buds probably won't get more size to the buds. Some Kush's go longer so keep a eye on that. I had a batch of Hindu Kush that to over 90 days for the first to finish. The buds will bulk up in the final week or so though. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the reply Jack, it's not the main bud's i'm concerned about it's the tiny little thing on its own that you can see growing in the top 2 pictire's, it's where the leave's join the stem. I was concerned a little about it being a seed sack maybe herme, I don't think it is though they have female hair's (I forget the technical name) coming out of them and are covered in crystals, they almost look like little random bobbles on the stem's of the plant.

Ok I see what your talking about. Your good that's normal. Not sure why but they are always there. One thing to note is that is one of the places plants like to through out a male flower from time to time. So keep a watch out. For now your good. Buds look nice. Haven't tried the Master Kush yet. Hindu Kush was good but not great. The cross with Skunk #1 sounds to be just what it needs.

Thank's Jack for taking the time to put my mind at ease, I wasn't to concerned but I couldn't find anything on the net about them and thats where I read about fake bud site's but that just confused thing's! It's only my third grow so i'm still very much a begginer, thanx again :)

Those aren't going to become bud sites... those are just where the preflowers showed themselves not actual budsites. They are just supposed to be single caxyls. Come harvest you'll notice quiet a few of them on the branches as you are trimming and whatnot.

Your welcome Meadycus. Don't worry about being a beginner. I've had lots of grows and feel that way all the time. New strains, new equipment and higher expectations make any grow a new grow. Enjoy the final product. Looks like it won't bee long now

Those are called calyx and would be filled with a seed if it were fertilized and would also be the first spot to show male flowers if the plant were to herm. I keep a close eye on them on new plants from seed and remove the herms from my garden when I see one. They also taste amazing right off the plant, different plants taste different, I had one that tasted like candy.

I noticed them this time around (3rd grow). Some did have the odd seed (developed and undeveloped). Zero impact on potency that I could tell.

Back
Top Bottom