Bud site or herm

Helpplease

Trying to figure this out for a friend. He thinks it just popped up over night because he watches them closely.

Please help me figure out if it's not a bud site and something he should pick off and now beware of. To me it looked like a flower about to open because it's not yellow like a nanner or two like nuts but...... It's looks strange to me.

image00125.jpg

There only appear to be one. The rest of the plant is definitely female. This is day 26 flower and there is another plant with it.

If you are reading this my friend really needs your help for his medical issues.

image00324.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics since they are small and linked offsite.

Check the Photo Uploading thread and upload your photos through 420Magazine.

Reason being that off-site photos can be removed from their hosting sources, leaving us with dead links and an untidy website. More importantly, these images/links can and have been known to include viruses, trojans and spam ads designed to steal your private information, harvest ip addresses, compromise your location, damage your computer or even worse. Most importantly, members viewing the thread for help are unable to find support there, because without the photos, the thread becomes worthless. This hinders the learning process and could send them elsewhere for help.

Update:

Ended up being swollen calyx after I picked it off no sign of a seed. I've never seen this before but after finding the correct terminology it appears I'm not alone. It was worth removing it to be sure.

image25142.jpg
image25141.jpg

I uploaded my pics right so hopefully I can get some responses. Glad to be back to helpful folks, but not to this issue. This guy was there this morning a new one... These plants are not under stress and are really healthy. They did do some traveling in there younger days. They were a 6 week veg.

Backstory at day 20 some lower growth was removed that was popcorn likely. This area has begun slowly growing back in some spots where this was found. It has no hair coming from it. The one yesterday had no seed. My friend is terrified to keep pulling things of the plant if it's just buds not popping open.

Is this a bud site, herm, weird calyx, false seed pod? My friend just wants to cut ties with it if it's an issue for his other two ladies. She is day 28 on a 45-60 day critical mass.

Bare with me I'm getting the hang of it

Strain - Critical Mass
# of Plants - 1 of 3 total (other 2 different)
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower Day 28 - beautiful strain
Setup - 3 gallon smart pot
Light - Mars II 700
Nutrients - GH flora duo/callimagic/bloom
Medium - promix bx
PPM - 720
PH - 5.9
RH - 50%
Room Temperature 78 canopy area
Solution Temperature -68
Room Square Footage - 9 (3x3)
Pests - None Known

I should also add that the area receives minimal light from led. They don't seem to penetrate the larger plants great. With that said I'm not knocking led just pointing it out.

Hope those pics are more clear so people can help. I did my best as I'm an old gal that's not great with all this modern technology.

Any help you can lend is important as this is a medical grow for a serious condition and there has been 3 months of time/effort in. She is still absolutely amazing looking!
Thank you!!!!!!

I felt it's important for searchers to have this update and hopefully some responses from the community.

Well my friend was wrong in his first assessment after we took a better look. They are most certainly Hermes and Stealthboat was dead on. One of three plants produced some lower branch nanners about 4 and one opened and pollen got on the other plant which produced two over two days.

I'm impressed Stealth nice call.

So what should my friend do?

There is a lot of time/money invested in this medical grow. The plants look to have more than 4 ounces across the 3. Two are 50 ish day plants or more, but one is a 70 day. It's led do they are very frosty but far from Amber tricks. What would an early chop do in a week or so before there is hopefully to much seed development? Would it leave my friend with any medical usable product? How many seeds are we talking and does that really cut down potency? There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Here's what's been done so far. All pollen sacs removed. All three plants spritzed down very well with water. Tent wiped out with soapy water solution and dried. Please drop some help for my buddy on day 29 of flower
Before it gets out of hand. Unless it already is.

It would be a big loss to toss them but if that's the only viable option....

I hope people will offer support/advice as I find many questions with the original poster disappearing which I have not. This can be a great thread for learning.

Damn brother, that is unfortunate. So what happens now..? Well, if the plant was pollinated it will stop THC production and focus all its energy on creating seeds to extend its genetics. So, I would chop now, before you get tons of seeds in the buds since you will not continue to get more Trichomes or bud production. It will probably still be smokeable and produce a decent high, but it might be more energetic and less narcotic without having ambers.

My 2 cents.

Glad I could help. I'd search very thoroughly for any other nanners and remove them all. If only that one nanner popped open there might not be much pollen circulating yet. Once you chop, it's over. I'd let them go a little longer and see how they look or if more nanners pop up, it really depends how much pollen got released though

Thanks all!!

I feel terrible for him, but two plants really had to go for fear of them contaminating the room itself further. However one plant still shows no sign of herm. I'm sure pollen may have got to it, but he has fingers crossed.

These were moderate sized girls (8 week veg) so there is a lot of weed on the two taken down. It's not flushed so smoking it for medical purposes is out. Does making a concentrate freeze/kill the nutes left? Or is It garbage because there frosty? It's so much chronic it's just so sad. Devastating to see :(

One of the two plants was a 45-55
The other a 70
Both taken at day 30 flower.

Dang that's a shame. Hopefully the last girl makes it out ok. Now the question is, how did the hermie happen? Do you have any light leaks in the area/tent during lights off? Was there any stress involved with the plants? I imagine you don't want the same thing happening again later on

My best guess is he broke a stem on one a few weeks back (main stem) and it was to much for her. Heat, temps, light leaks were fine. The pots were root bound a little from the last transplant, so that could be it. One was silver surfer haze and I hear it has a genetic disposition to hermie. My friend was learning so ph and nutes were probably less than perfect.

I said to him, it's sux but a learning experience. What to do with all this frosty I flushed premature chronic will prove to be interesting.

Thanks Stealth and Dan for you contributions!!

Back
Top Bottom