Herm?

Mjddwb215

I got rid of a male and absolutely know one is a female. This one in the pic, looks like a herm but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out just by the pic? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190805_100653.jpg
    20190805_100653.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190805_100628.jpg
    20190805_100628.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190729_113149.jpg
    20190729_113149.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 75
That one's a hermie,or possibly just male-not sure if I see pistils,but I sure see male flowers

I don't see any hairs, so I'm gong to go with, they are both Lolas (Bros posing as hoes).

"Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman but talked like a man
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola"

What happens with Hermies? Do they droduce smokeable buds? Just full of nanners and seeds?

Hermies produce seeds and bud. Problem is, it'll spend energy growing the seeds instead of growing the bud, so if it happens early on in flower, you'll have a scrawny plant with tons of seeds. I've had it happen late in flower, and just pulled the seeds out while I was trimming. Bud still smoked, tasted great and got me high as a kite.

However, unless it was a genetic thing, I would question the quality of the bud. If it was stress that made it go hermie, it would be logical to deduce that there would be less quality IMO.

But these pictures don't look hermie to me. All I see are male sex organs, no female organs in sight.

What causes hermies and will they still bud?

Crappy genetics,or extreme stress on the plant can cause hermies- they still bud,but they also pollinate themselves (and all the plants close to them) so they (all) end up heavily seeded.
The buds will still get you high, but you'd need to clean out the seeds before smoking it.
And there's a real good chance that the seeds will grow into hermies- practically guaranteed if it's caused by bad genetics....
The problem is it's hard to say for sure if the hermie thing is genetic,or stress related,because not all plants hermie when stressed in a major way,but some do.

Back
Top Bottom