Ready to give up! Herm again?

I'm learning! You all started somewhere also! Flushing is talked about on all these forums and websites.

Only in the cannabis growing realm. The rest of the real world, it's not a thing.

Cation exchange capacity of soil (CEC), and Soil organic matter (SOM).

They go hand in hand to debunk any flushing myth.

I didn't make that up.

That's on a whole other level! Lmao Technical, and deep. I need it plain and simple.

Seeds from a Hermie...will be Hermie
I say that all the time, but the problem is that all the feminized seeds sold now are from hermies!
I have been getting a lot of hermied plants indoors in the past couple of years and have no light leaks and do nothing to stress the plants, but they still seed themselves, sometimes a little and other times a lot. I now take the plant and carefully cut out all the lower wimpy buds and shoots that won't amount to much because that is where I usually find the hermie pods.
I think making feminized seeds in the method that is used is failing and I think nature has a way to evolve and correct itself. Making hermie plants to create female seeds is going against nature and my theory is that is why so many of the feminized seeds I get go herm!

I say that all the time, but the problem is that all the feminized seeds sold now are from hermies!

Very incorrect statement

Maybe where u get yer genetics from, but not me

And reversing a plant is not creating a hermy

There you go again... I thought we cleared this up. :)

I'm pretty clear on it.

Soil consisting of soil organic matter and Cation exchange capacity = very little to no leaching.

Its chemistry and a little physics.

You could get leaching with an overabundance of Nitrogen. Us cannabis growers know that cannabis grows best with more Ca than high N soils. The over abundance of N would have to be in a soluble form to leach.

Not sure why we would have extra N at the end of flower??

Are you suggesting that flushing that excess N at the end of flowering is going to somehow improve anything with the flowering or flavor or well anything really??

You know where I stand on this. There's no science to flushing. If you found some somewhere, by all means share it with everyone.

By "science" I mean something that was actually written by an actual scientist.

I know that if the human brain hears something enough times it becomes a sort of de facto fact weather or not its actual fact. This I think is the case with "flushing". It's not fact but enough people in the cannabis growing realm have been hearing it over and over so it must be true.

It can be helpful in a soil less medium where there is no Soil organic matter and little to no CEC. Hydro for instance. That term "flush" and hydro kinda go hand in hand but that does not include soils.

Thats why I ask "show me some science".

I'm pretty clear on it.

Soil consisting of soil organic matter and Cation exchange capacity = very little to no leaching.

Its chemistry and a little physics.

You could get leaching with an overabundance of Nitrogen. Us cannabis growers know that cannabis grows best with more Ca than high N soils. The over abundance of N would have to be in a soluble form to leach.

Not sure why we would have extra N at the end of flower??

Are you suggesting that flushing that excess N at the end of flowering is going to somehow improve anything with the flowering or flavor or well anything really??

You know where I stand on this. There's no science to flushing. If you found some somewhere, by all means share it with everyone.

By "science" I mean something that was actually written by an actual scientist.

I know that if the human brain hears something enough times it becomes a sort of de facto fact weather or not its actual fact. This I think is the case with "flushing". It's not fact but enough people in the cannabis growing realm have been hearing it over and over so it must be true.

It can be helpful in a soil less medium where there is no Soil organic matter and little to no CEC. Hydro for instance. That term "flush" and hydro kinda go hand in hand but that does not include soils.

Thats why I ask "show me some science".
Bob, Flushing is to wash the salts out of the soil. Those salts restrict water uptake. This is the primary reason we flush, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this "science" that you are spouting.
I am not a scientist and I don't need one to tell me that I have seen many many grows get salt problems and as a result have severe nutrient lockouts. Five years ago, advising someone to do a flush to clear the soil was the most common advice given, because it worked... and none of us were scientists.
Then, as I stated to you before, salt and its accumulation in the soil is so detrimental, that you can not even get your CEC reading on a soil sample without first FLUSHING out all of the salts in that soil, just as we do in a grow. You insist on trying to sound knowledgeable by putting out all of this nonsense about flushing being some sort of voodoo because of CEC, when so far you have been unable to convince me that these two things have anything at all to do with each other.
Please understand that I am not talking about excess N, and I have said nothing about flavor or taste... I am talking about clearing the soil of salts so as to promote full uptake during the last two weeks of the grow so that the plant can grow that bud faster than it ever has up until that time, and actually double the size and weight of that bud in the last two weeks. A salt bound plant will not do this as well as one that has been flushed. Again, it has nothing to do with flushing ANYTHING out of the plant, it is simply unbinding the soil of all the salt.

Back
Top Bottom