Dispensary Clones containing

WOOPS, title; Dispensary Clones containing small seed specs in calyx.

I picked up a couple new cuts the other day from a dispensary giving them my once over, no mites, no bites, no pm (that can be seen) and nice white roots pushing out the bottom of the container. Check.

I get home to then pop off a couple mature calyx/stigmas to inspect and see if they contain any seeds, what do they contain, those small little spec seed that look like they will never be able to amount to anything, those little brown or gray looking things that stay at the bottom of the grinder when your rolling a joint.

My question, were these cuts then taken from an already stressed herm mother? Am I going to keep the mini seed genetics going?

My brain is telling me yes, you are going to carry on the seeded issues... I am now at the point attempting to get some feedback to whether I should give them crap reviews and attempt to get refunded.

Re: Dispesnary Clones containing

That makes no sense. That doesn't happen until you force them to flower - and that's if they're pollinated.

I have no idea where/who they came from and the life they had prior to being in my tent. Maybe the grower flowered the mom and revegged, idk how the seeds got there, but they are there. As it doesn't make sense to me either I am trying to make sense out of it.

Clones are mature cuts from a matured mother plant. Mature plants produce pre flower/calyx as a sign to when they are ready to flower.
I think I am going to need some pictures and micro shots to explain. Brb

This is what I am seeing;

I poped off those pre flower calyx below the accidental topping incident that happened on the trek home.
100_8835.JPG

And there are the hermie seeds I am thinking.
12400.jpg
21625.jpg
31438.jpg
41077.jpg
5873.jpg

Opinions certainly welcome :joint: CA :thanks:

I would personally not take the risk of bad genetics that could eventually pollinate a whole crop. I got some seeds out of some white fire I got(about 6 in a quarter.) I wouldnt grow them because they were obviously from a hermie cause no dispensary is starting from seed. Dump them and get better clones.

I would personally not take the risk of bad genetics that could eventually pollinate a whole crop. I got some seeds out of some white fire I got(about 6 in a quarter.) I wouldnt grow them because they were obviously from a hermie cause no dispensary is starting from seed. Dump them and get better clones.

Thanks for the input Teldren, I am going to leave feedback through weedymaps. See if they want to come to terms and refund the crap cuts they are putting out there.

I got lucky on Craigslist and found a chick who supplies like 8 dispensaries with clones but she only holds 4 or so strains. My friend just went to "The Clone Store" LOL Colorado kicks ass and they have a ton to choose from and there roots were insane. Is Cali similar where they have clone shops or are they just from dispensaries?

I got lucky on Craigslist and found a chick who supplies like 8 dispensaries with clones but she only holds 4 or so strains. My friend just went to "The Clone Store" LOL Colorado kicks ass and they have a ton to choose from and there roots were insane. Is Cali similar where they have clone shops or are they just from dispensaries?

That sounds like a nice hook up! Wish they had a nice honest legit clone delivery system around here but I am not sure if they do. I have seen down in the bay area sometimes a clone shop will pop up here and there but I have never personally stopped by and given them a look, but I would think there are some clone only shops that are unlisted around my areas. Have been on the fence about clones from dispensaries with the last clones being infected with mites, I think these two may have done it for me on picking up new genetics through dispensaries.

Imo genetics are a crapshoot no matter what route you take. With clones you have the guarantee that it has at least germinated but theres a risk of disease. With seeds you are guaranteed a healthy plant from the start but run the risk of it not germinating. Either way you have no way of confirming genetics besides the word of the person you get it from and even then they may think it's something it's not. Sure would be awesome to go into a clone store though. I have over 40 clones going at all times myself. If I went into a clone store I'd probably come out with 30 strains lol.

As far as your hermi I have a different old school point of view. My belief is that no seed is bad. Every seed has a chance at becoming a successfull sinsemillia mother. I have personally grown many plants that came from hermid. The resulting offspring were 100% seedless. I've also seen several grows were a few of these calyxs popped up and the grower removed them. Afterwards the plant didn't produce anymore. If I were you I would pick them off and give it a few weeks. If more show I'd throw it but if no more show I'd let it go. I'm a little more protective of my strains though because I have to take a lot of risk getting them.

I have a buddy in CO that buys/sells shatter on CL all the time lol.

From my perspective, those cuts came from a mature mother showing typical node calyxes.

If they're pollenated, there must have been pollen in the room with the mother ... but I think it's more likely to have been a different plant. This mother would have had to have male flowers on her in addition to the node calyxes, and that seems less likely. No?

I can see someone not being careful about pollen on his clothes when he messed with the mother, and she got her preflowers pollenated. :cheesygrinsmiley:

From my perspective, those cuts came from a mature mother showing typical node calyxes.

If they're pollenated, there must have been pollen in the room with the mother ... but I think it's more likely to have been a different plant. This mother would have had to have male flowers on her in addition to the node calyxes, and that seems less likely. No?

I can see someone not being careful about pollen on his clothes when he messed with the mother, and she got her preflowers pollenated. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This, I would not worry too much about it, grow them out and keep on eye on it.

Still have mixed feelings about the cuts but we will keep em in the garden for now and see how they do once a transplant hits them.You all made very good points, it was really weird to see as the only other time I have seen something like this going on with a plant is with bag seed during the last outdoor run with a bonefied hermi plant that had female buds and male seed pods plumping up getting ready to explode, unstable genetics. With that in mind an unseen banana off one of these down low during flower could make for a nice little seedy end product.

Graytail - do you usually see this going on with the node calyx on any of your girls?

I am thinking I need to do some more research into calyx make-up and structure before I make an arse out of myself ha.

Thanks much for the thoughts & info :bravo: any more thoughts are welcome!

Graytail - do you usually see this going on with the node calyx on any of your girls?

I am thinking I need to do some more research into calyx make-up and structure before I make an arse out of myself ha.

Thanks much for the thoughts & info :bravo: any more thoughts are welcome!

I can't say that I've seen it before, but I could sure see it happening to some mature mothers in veg. I mean, they're not flowering, so a guy wouldn't be careful about pollen in the veg room.

But yeah, any sign of anything but a calyx from those clones in my room, and they'd be goners.

I can't say that I've seen it before, but I could sure see it happening to some mature mothers in veg. I mean, they're not flowering, so a guy wouldn't be careful about pollen in the veg room.

But yeah, any sign of anything but a calyx from those clones in my room, and they'd be goners.

Saweet thanks for the feedback! Reps being pushed your way :joint:

This is what I am seeing;

I poped off those pre flower calyx below the accidental topping incident that happened on the trek home.
100_8835.JPG

And there are the hermie seeds I am thinking.
12400.jpg
21625.jpg
31438.jpg
41077.jpg
5873.jpg

Opinions certainly welcome :joint: CA :thanks:

my girl made those "false seeds"? last year,I know nothing about them, no pollen anywhere near the plant, unless it came from the wind, I'm on the beach, can anyone tell me why this happens? grown from unknown "good" seeds, thanks

00seed.jpg
00seeds.jpg

These girls (atf and gdp) have been on a light reduction schedule for the past month and are finishing up nicely. Yesterday I missed a watering and the gdp seemed to get a little fried. They are receiving some final flushing and will be taken down within the following weeks. I will report back with my findings and to whether or not these buds are/were seeded!

Back
Top Bottom