Clean container

pending

How do I get rid of the scent left in a glass container?? Looking around for some nice small glass containers to stash my lil crop of Gorilla Glue/Northern Lights seeds I found some small essential oil bottles?.. Perfect, right?? They couldn't be cleaner.. Cleaning vinegar, 70% alcohol, boiling salt water, baking soda, Dawn dish soap, heat.. The damn things still have a scent.. Any suggestions?? Thanks, laters

Use different containers, if you did all that and there's still a residual smell, you might never get it out.
I think it's the plastic tops.. left the top off one for a few hours and it's much better.. Still have WD-40, carb & brake parts cleaner to sort thru..

Ditto on what Plankton sez - use different containers

you don’t want to use solvents / petroleum based crap to clean jars to store weed in, weed will pick up the residuals and you will have bud that tastes and smells like WD-40 or whatevs

avoid plastic containers too, most here will use only clean glass with no residual odors but I’d much rather have scent of essential oil than any petroleum based crap

Ditto on what Plankton sez - use different containers

you don’t want to use solvents / petroleum based crap to clean jars to store weed in, weed will pick up the residuals and you will have bud that tastes and smells like WD-40 or whatevs

avoid plastic containers too, most here will use only clean glass with no residual odors but I’d much rather have scent of essential oil than any petroleum based crap
It's the plastic caps holding the odor.. Mostly resolved, mostly.. also, being essential oil bottles they're too small for weed.. Seed containers.. thanks

They have really changed the formulations on some of those brake cleaners. Even the air injector cleaners are not as efficient as the old fashioned carb & choke cleaners. Those were the things I used back when I was involved with handgun competition and had to clean several guns a week.

It washing the jar and lids in the sink and then again in a "dishwasher" does not solve the problem then it is not worth the effort to try anything else.

As @013 mentions, many use only clean glass with no residual odors. The jar has to smell like something I would be willing to use to store food stuff or it gets used for something else like holding all those screws, rusty nuts and bolts, etc.

Wander through the "canning and food preservation" section in a larger super-center supermarket and see if there might be a canning jar or fancy looking bottle for holding your stash. Canning jars come in all sizes these days, and even several different colors.

The first jar is really short but hold the same amount as the other two. In the picture below the center jar is another small one and is a great size and shape for when visiting a friend or relative.

And if you want something a bit larger and with some color there are these in the photo below....

They have really changed the formulations on some of those brake cleaners. Even the air injector cleaners are not as efficient as the old fashioned carb & choke cleaners. Those were the things I used back when I was involved with handgun competition and had to clean several guns a week.

It washing the jar and lids in the sink and then again in a "dishwasher" does not solve the problem then it is not worth the effort to try anything else.

As @013 mentions, many use only clean glass with no residual odors. The jar has to smell like something I would be willing to use to store food stuff or it gets used for something else like holding all those screws, rusty nuts and bolts, etc.

Wander through the "canning and food preservation" section in a larger super-center supermarket and see if there might be a canning jar or fancy looking bottle for holding your stash. Canning jars come in all sizes these days, and even several different colors.

The first jar is really short but hold the same amount as the other two. In the picture below the center jar is another small one and is a great size and shape for when visiting a friend or relative.

And if you want something a bit larger and with some color there are these in the photo below....
Cool collection... Been shopping the thrift stores for nice containers.. thanks

560 seeds, more or less.. That's how many seeds will fit in a 30ml essential oil bottle.. Big, giant, fat ass Gorilla Glue x Gorilla Glue & GG x Northern Lights seeds.. I know the GG x GG is backlashed/inbred/whatever, still should be a sticky delightful mess..

Cool collection... Been shopping the thrift stores for nice containers.. thanks
Thanks.

As usual the 3 photos seem to have vanished so I am going to try another way of showing them. So far it is working and they are in the original order.

Wanted to mention that most of the collection of colorful canning jars were gotten as part of one of those "being in the right place at the right moment". I was at a farm stand and an elderly woman had brought those in because she was getting to old keep canning at the same pace. The guy who owned the stand was telling some of his regular customers that he had them but no one was interested. I said I would take a couple and he handed me the whole box.

full

full

full

560 seeds, more or less.. That's how many seeds will fit in a 30ml essential oil bottle.. Big, giant, fat ass Gorilla Glue x Gorilla Glue & GG x Northern Lights seeds.. I know the GG x GG is backlashed/inbred/whatever, still should be a sticky delightful mess..
Was disappointed with my other seeds from a Hayes Xtreme crossed w/ GG & N lights.. seeds on the Hayes X plant were tiny by comparison, made me doubt their viability right up until I found the rest of my original seeds from Crop King.. I am golden.. the GG seeds are just so F'n big.. only 207 of these HayesX x GG x/ N Lights so far.. laters

Was disappointed with my other seeds from a Hayes Xtreme crossed w/ GG & N lights.. seeds on the Hayes X plant were tiny by comparison, made me doubt their viability right up until I found the rest of my original seeds from Crop King.. I am golden.. the GG seeds are just so F'n big.. only 207 of these HayesX x GG x/ N Lights so far.. laters
Current seed count.. Gorilla Glue x GG & GG x Northern Lights@ 1120+) Hayes Xtreme x GG &x N/Lights @493 (+/-) these things are going to pop up every where.. hehe!!

Back
Top Bottom