3x4 area to grow: What light for under $700.00?

FC-E4800 if i went mars (and sqaure space) but its not.
And Growcraft seems a lot for 500 watt you can get a 650 watt mars light for less.
But looks like a nice light solid par map.
Value for money XS4000 but u cant get.
Now me thats me what i would do (lol) as your in a none square space wait or get the p4000.
Its the same light really other than the 80 watt hell 2 p4000 would be cheaper than the growcraft.
Vipar has nothing in stock on their Canadian site. Really weird. I do have some time as I need to still build the rooms , etc. So maybe by then they can help me out.

I also recommend the Viparspectra lights. I'm on my 4th run with the p4000 and have a couple runs under my two p1500's. If you bought the same setup I have you would have more than enough light (and lights) for your intended use with money to spare.

Well I think I have narrowed it down to 3 lights....

Growcraft X3 500 Watt
Growcraft X3 – 500 Watt DIY LED Grow Light Kit
ViparSpectra XS4000 (if I can find one somewhere in Canada)
ViparSpectra® XS4000 480W Infrared Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
And the Mars Hydro TS 3000
Mars Hydro TS 3000 LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 450W 4ftx4ft 5ftx5ft coverage

Cost wise, the Growcraft seems like the one. It was reviewed on LEDGardner as well with some really good results.
Wondering what you all think?
I bought an X3 a couple of months ago to replace my Mars SP 3000 (2' x 4' tent). When I looked at the price difference between the DIY and the commercial, I thought it was a no brainer to spend the $$ for the commercial. First off, you take it out of the box, plug things in and it works. Zero effort. Then warranty is 3 years on everything vs 1 year on components; you get push lock connectors instead of clip together; and, most of all, the decals on the light are blue and red instead of grey. ;-)
You might want to head over to ppfdcharts.com and see what the PPFD maps look like.

I bought an X3 a couple of months ago to replace my Mars SP 3000 (2' x 4' tent). When I looked at the price difference between the DIY and the commercial, I thought it was a no brainer to spend the $$ for the commercial. First off, you take it out of the box, plug things in and it works. Zero effort. Then warranty is 3 years on everything vs 1 year on components; you get push lock connectors instead of clip together; and, most of all, the decals on the light are blue and red instead of grey. ;-)
You might want to head over to ppfdcharts.com and see what the PPFD maps look like.
Hmm, it wasn't that great a posting the first time…

Back
Top Bottom