40 days into flower and battling Powdery Mildew

chillbro

Hello everybody,

The title says it all really. Anybody have any advice? I've tried need oil a few different times and also sprayed with Green Cure Fungicide. I'm just trying to make it through the end without loosing my bud. After this I will clean my tent really well and start over. Thank you all for your help. Anybody know if the home remedy methods work well? Are they OK to spray on the buds?

i am dealing with the same issue , I was low on funds but needed to adress the issue before it spread, so at home depot i grabed a product from ortho called ecosence brand (garden and disease control) there are a few differt kinds but i always go with the stuff that is safe for fruits and blooms (active ingredient/ copper octanoate) i tested it first on a new clone cutting and no effect on plant health but did kill the mold , so i tested on a hairy little bottom bud to see if hairs would be damaged , nope plant didnt mind the spray so i went to town and things are looking awesome even after a drenching , and the stuff was 5$ so as far as things go for me best 5 bucks i spent in years

High there chillbro.

Make a saturation mix of baking soda and water and spray the leaves and anywhere else the mold is at. It won't won't hurt the buds. Mold likes cool, damp, humid, low light conditions. So don't give them what they like. Get the humidity down as low as you can after spraying and try to keep it at 50% or even a bit lower. Damp is not good for buds and you don't want bud mold.

I think I would avoid copper based treatments once you've got bud going on. It may be fine but I know the baking soda will work as I've used it myself and it shouldn't be a problem after if environmental conditions are kept optimal.

I got the baking soda cure from Jorge Cervantes, Indoor Grow Bible. Excellent book.

I hope that helps. C'ya :peace:

labrat has good advice there, also.. 'safergro mildew cure' is organic and works very well

i am dealing with the same issue , I was low on funds but needed to adress the issue before it spread, so at home depot i grabed a product from ortho called ecosence brand (garden and disease control) there are a few differt kinds but i always go with the stuff that is safe for fruits and blooms (active ingredient/ copper octanoate) i tested it first on a new clone cutting and no effect on plant health but did kill the mold , so i tested on a hairy little bottom bud to see if hairs would be damaged , nope plant didnt mind the spray so i went to town and things are looking awesome even after a drenching , and the stuff was 5$ so as far as things go for me best 5 bucks i spent in years

Any way u could say exactly what its called? Having a pretty bad problem with these little guys they are driving me nuts. Thanks

Any way u could say exactly what its called? Having a pretty bad problem with these little guys they are driving me nuts. Thanks

it says it was ORTHO ECOSENSE. The baking soda works. The mold likes acidic areas, so baking soda is around 7 or slightly alkaline which powdery mildew/mold will not grow in.

Potassium bicarbonate works well, and unlike sodium bicabonate, does not need to be washed off. I have used it up 'til the end of flower. Here is the product i use.

094922566867.jpg

Minni Brat, i just took your advice cuz ive been havin this problem for about a month now. my leaves are curling inward turning yellow and ive notice that only 3 out of 6 of my plants are doin great cuz they get a lot more air circulation than the other three. so i did increase from 1 fan to 3 fans and turned them up to med instead of low and turned up my exhaust fan to med as well. this post help me a lot. CHILL BRO the best luck to you. hope everything turns out well. peace

:grinjoint: Always Glad to help...Good luck with your girls.

Gotta pass on the love....:allgood:

Oh and by the way i also used the Safer Grow MILDEW CURE..found it at my local hydro shop..
Mildew_Cure_RTU.jpg

I really liked it, i thought it really worked, helped keep most of the mildew under control til i wizened up and got more fans...

I have a close up of the front and back label in my photo gallery..

Well I made it through with minimal loss. Buds turned out pretty good. I am hoping not to have this problem on the next run but if I do I am much more prepared this time around. Thanks to all of you for your input.
Good Luck to you All!

Back
Top Bottom