40 with some experience

Remystemple

I assisted my older brother years ago in an outdoor grow. He was all "sciency" about it. So i paid a lot of attention and was glad i did because he grew some beautiful monsters in northern ontarios' cold climate. Started on an indoor grow with a few seeds i saved from the primo i've been ordering online.

I gave 2 seeds to an 80 year old polish woman i work with, and she brought me a 12" plant not long after. quickly realizing it was a female and being in canada this is a perfect time to get growing, I chopped the plant up. lmao... into clones. so i have a few clones and a few seedlings from seeds I germinated and planted myself.

I have a good size room. 8 x 10 or so, with make shift ventilation for now. My light is a 1200 w Phlizon with the veg and bloom switches. i also have a 1500 w sitting aside waiting to be used during flowering. so far i've only been using the veg switch on since i think i burned a couple from brightness??? lol.

The room is still yellow but i intend to paint it a flat white asap as i read that it reflects a lot of light. My growing medium of choice is just peat, perlite, and vermiculite mixed with a small amount of chicken shit i bought in a milk carton at the garden dept lmao. it stinks and i worry that it's too much fert for sprouting and during the small stage.??? I wish i didn't put the chicken shit in the mix to be honest but what's done it done.

My water comes out of the tap at a ph of 7.5 - 7.8 so it doesn't take much to bring it down between 6-7, as i've read that's an ok place for the ph. picked up a 3 pack of nutes. the fox farm stuff, but haven't used any yet.

I have a few nasty looking little guys and i'm sure i'll be in need of some advise in the future.

Happy to be part of the forum. Thanks for the add.

Thanks everyone! I'm super excited. It's an amazing time in Canada right now with the laws being changed, we don't have to hide in the shadows so much anymore. I'll get a journal started as i already have some strange issues and questions.

I assisted my older brother years ago in an outdoor grow. He was all "sciency" about it. So i paid a lot of attention and was glad i did because he grew some beautiful monsters in northern ontarios' cold climate. Started on an indoor grow with a few seeds i saved from the primo i've been ordering online.

I gave 2 seeds to an 80 year old polish woman i work with, and she brought me a 12" plant not long after. quickly realizing it was a female and being in canada this is a perfect time to get growing, I chopped the plant up. lmao... into clones. so i have a few clones and a few seedlings from seeds I germinated and planted myself.

I have a good size room. 8 x 10 or so, with make shift ventilation for now. My light is a 1200 w Phlizon with the veg and bloom switches. i also have a 1500 w sitting aside waiting to be used during flowering. so far i've only been using the veg switch on since i think i burned a couple from brightness??? lol.

The room is still yellow but i intend to paint it a flat white asap as i read that it reflects a lot of light. My growing medium of choice is just peat, perlite, and vermiculite mixed with a small amount of chicken shit i bought in a milk carton at the garden dept lmao. it stinks and i worry that it's too much fert for sprouting and during the small stage.??? I wish i didn't put the chicken shit in the mix to be honest but what's done it done.

My water comes out of the tap at a ph of 7.5 - 7.8 so it doesn't take much to bring it down between 6-7, as i've read that's an ok place for the ph. picked up a 3 pack of nutes. the fox farm stuff, but haven't used any yet.

I have a few nasty looking little guys and i'm sure i'll be in need of some advise in the future.

Happy to be part of the forum. Thanks for the add.
20181111_131340[1].jpg
20181111_131357[1].jpg

So, a few weeks in and having some issues. looks to be pH related.
20181111_131408[1].jpg
20181111_131417[1].jpg
20181111_131436[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20181111_131402[1].jpg
    20181111_131402[1].jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20181111_131402[1].jpg
    20181111_131402[1].jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 83
If you have a pH meter just run a test.
Otherwise
There is a check list i always use in my head.
1. Did I give too much/little nutrients?
Then I look at charts
1218434-e536c9e39fe6f70ccdbfcacc26e8ba8c.jpg

2. Bug check., always!
Under leaves, in medium, under pot... By stem, joints etc...
Scratch soil..
3. Did you spray plant with anything?

I just now checked for bugs but i need a magnifying glass to see better lol. I did 2 spray feedings at lights off with calmag plus. that was about a week ago tho. I learned i wasn't getting a clear picture of how the pH works. I was setting it to 6.1 not too good for calcium uptake if i'm correct. now i know i need to start lower like 5.8 and let it rise as the nutrients get eaten by the plant. this way it should be able to have a bit of everything.

I can eventually learn how to feed properly, what i am afraid of is bugs.

Growing with your grow is always the best.
If you see it spreads, then we worry more.
You can check them, keep track of leaves with problems to see if it spreads I would usually say : and cut off leaves.. (But, they are small and need their fanleaves.... Makes it is easier to see if it has stopped.

Back
Top Bottom