400w mh in a small area bad?

xave420

i have about 3 sq ft but plants can grow to 4 ft but no more than 6 where im growing. is a 400w metal halide too much for this type of space? only looking to grow 2 maybe 3 at a time

Its not to much if you can control the heat. Controlling the heat will be the only issue and I'm not sure if they make an air cooled reflector small enough to fit in your space.

i plan to keep the light away far enough so it wont burn the plants
what is the max plants can survive in? cuz i know it grows wild in places that are hot

Heat in the grow space is more of a concern then burning the plants. You will need good ventilation, not just an open door and some fans but an actual sealed hood/reflector with an exhaust fan that will take the heat from the bulb to the outside, another room or far away.

Hey mate, how are ya? Im currently using a 400w MH in my space, 4.5ftwide x 2.5 deep x 9ft high.. I have 3 fans in place, one at bottom one mid and another in mid other side facing upwards toward my vent.. Temps if i kept her totally shut off would prob get to around 35 dgrees Celcius, bit too hot! But i have a small sliding door up top i keep opened to expel air and i open bottom panel of my space a little with my outside window and that draws in fresh air and gets all the old air out.. I wouldnt recommend having the 400w too close to top of your plant unless you have proper cooling as that will cook ur babies.. Hope you can get some help with ur project from here, goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom