420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: February 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - February 2011

• Sana (Fast Bud)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 52Firestone (Blue Dream / Banana Kush)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • xlr8 (Snow White)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • EASTofEUREKA (Blackberry Kush)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Van Diesel (Purple Nurple)

• grizzly3327 (unnamed)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • SSNUGS (Silver Bubble)

• staffy (kali mist)

• deacnbleu (AK47/First Lady Cross)

• Bandit420 (OG Kush)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Be IRIE (unnamed)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • BassPlayer (Medijuana)

• siscokid (Lemon Skunk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hash Hound (Northern Lights)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Janja (Incredible Kush)

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge Canna congratulations to EASTofEUREKA and his Blackberry Kush (shown again below)

Much peace and respect from all of us at 420 Magazine to our February Nug of the Month Winner.

Title and rep points being adjusted in short order ;) Thanks to our generous sponsor Sierra Natural Science for contributing the following prize package for our winner:

SNS-217™ Natural Spider Mite Control
(32 ounce spray bottle with unique any direction sprayer)
SNS-244™ Natural Fungicide for Powder Mold
SNS-203™ Natural Pesticide Soil Drench for Fungus Gnats, Root Aphids, Thrips, Shore Flies & White Flies
SNS 604A Vegetation Organic Growth Stimulator
(One quart makes 32 gallons)
SNS 604B Flowering Organic Growth Stimulator
(One quart makes 32 gallons)

Also, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International - another excellent and supportive sponsor of our site.

bbk2.jpg

bbk1.jpg

Yeah, I kinda thought I would do better too Janja, but then you had to go and diss my nug, so that kinda ruined it for me (at least vibe wise, maybe a few votes too). Better luck next month bra

Sorry if u misinterpreted my post i wasn't dissing your nug at all bro you did a great job i was just amazed at the 37 day harvest time. Everybody grows with different techniques and different strains i had just never heard of someone chopping at 37 days. So i am sorry if u took it as a diss bro i was merely intrigued by the super fast flower time. You do really good work bro and have great plants man never meant to sound bad vibish because there is too much greed and hate in this world for more bad vibes. Peace and Jah bless you and your plants.

Sorry if u misinterpreted my post i wasn't dissing your nug at all bro you did a great job i was just amazed at the 37 day harvest time. Everybody grows with different techniques and different strains i had just never heard of someone chopping at 37 days. So i am sorry if u took it as a diss bro i was merely intrigued by the super fast flower time. You do really good work bro and have great plants man never meant to sound bad vibish because there is too much greed and hate in this world for more bad vibes. Peace and Jah bless you and your plants.

Well yeah, guess I just saw your posts as being kinda classic passive aggressive and condescending...a jab or insinuation in the first line and a :Namaste: in the last, specifically-

37 days? Why so early? ...

This came across very clearly as I harvested early

lol go with what u know bro whatever works for u. ...

after I thought some clear points as to why it was harvested on time, and made no jokes, you respond with a "lol... whatever..." instead of actually commenting on the specifics I laid out, which are pretty by the book, and you didn't mean that to be insulting?

great race everyone congrats EOE it was close and i though for sure i was going to win because of it being personally grown and being so big ....
:tokin:

just threw this in cause its what kinda set me off with saying something about your comments and the passive aggressive condescending tone I think they have, and kinda funny in another way cause in the plant of the month you won with a small stemmy plant that got votes cause it was purple ( but certainly frosty) vs some of the big high production super resin girls that aren't purple/colored, but your nug gets beat by the same set of standards and you have to make a comment like that. Seemed funny

37? 37 frigging days!!?? Holy Crap!!!:high-five:

nevermind - need to read more.

kinda seemed like he took your statement as a diss and went from stoked to not stoked on my nug, huh?

Hopefully its all just misinterpretation like you said, but then maybe you need to be aware that your way of commenting can be easily misinterpreted kinda consistently. I guess if it was at all sincere tho you will be coming by my journal regularly to follow up on your interest on the PN, so when you do, please say hi and I will be glad to extend my aloha!
:Namaste:

Well yeah, guess I just saw your posts as being kinda classic passive aggressive and condescending...a jab or insinuation in the first line and a :Namaste: in the last, specifically-

This came across very clearly as I harvested early

after I thought some clear points as to why it was harvested on time, and made no jokes, you respond with a "lol... whatever..." instead of actually commenting on the specifics I laid out, which are pretty by the book, and you didn't mean that to be insulting?

just threw this in cause its what kinda set me off with saying something about your comments and the passive aggressive condescending tone I think they have, and kinda funny in another way cause in the plant of the month you won with a small stemmy plant that got votes cause it was purple ( but certainly frosty) vs some of the big high production super resin girls that aren't purple/colored, but your nug gets beat by the same set of standards and you have to make a comment like that. Seemed funny

kinda seemed like he took your statement as a diss and went from stoked to not stoked on my nug, huh?

Hopefully its all just misinterpretation like you said, but then maybe you need to be aware that your way of commenting can be easily misinterpreted kinda consistently. I guess if it was at all sincere tho you will be coming by my journal regularly to follow up on your interest on the PN, so when you do, please say hi and I will be glad to extend my aloha!
:Namaste:

:lot-o-toke: ok dude for 1 i always say namnaste or peace when i leave a post i just couldn't find the peace smile at the time. and another thing if i thought you harvested early i would have told you that i thought you fucked up but i was merely asking a question because as i said i have never seen or heard of a 37 day strain and me asking that didn't affect any votes bro if it was't me that asked that question someone else eventually would have. I was sincerely interested and only posted the lol because of the way you reacted when i asked that like you took offense to it like you obviously did. And for you to come out and blaintently call my plant twiggy or stemmy in childish as i already stated that it was the first round with the F1's since the breeding project and everyone knows you never get a "dialed in" plant from the first round unless its the diamond in the rough. I am in no way shape or form a newbie i grew up on an organic farm and have been around growing all my life and have been growing on my own for over 13 years, my family has pioneered many of the most used techniques used today not to mention many famous and sought after strains so i would appreciate it if you chilled out on assuming that i am here to start problems and throw bad vibes around and actually try and diss my plant because that is not my goal here at all. I said that u did a great job and to go with what u know meaning different strokes for different folks i had never heard of that so i can't say if it right or wrong i didn't say "you harvested to early, you don't know what the hell you are doing" becasue if i thought that about you i would have said it. And i appologize if this sounds a little rash i just deal with severe crohns disease and use no perscription poisons to help the pain i deal with 24/7 that is brought on and elevated byu stress which reading shit like this causes but i mean no bad blood. And i am truly interested in the strain you are working with man and will be stopping by the journal to check it out. And if this post doesn't piss you off then maybe we can possibly do some genetic trading as i have a vast genetic library in my possession. And again i am sorry if it seemed like i was dissing your plant because it was not my intention at all So to you and your plants, Peace and Jah Bless

:lot-o-toke: ok dude for 1 i always say namnaste or peace when i leave a post i just couldn't find the peace smile at the time. and another thing if i thought you harvested early i would have told you that i thought you fucked up but i was merely asking a question because as i said i have never seen or heard of a 37 day strain and me asking that didn't affect any votes bro if it was't me that asked that question someone else eventually would have. I was sincerely interested and only posted the lol because of the way you reacted when i asked that like you took offense to it like you obviously did. And for you to come out and blaintently call my plant twiggy or stemmy in childish as i already stated that it was the first round with the F1's since the breeding project and everyone knows you never get a "dialed in" plant from the first round unless its the diamond in the rough. I am in no way shape or form a newbie i grew up on an organic farm and have been around growing all my life and have been growing on my own for over 13 years, my family has pioneered many of the most used techniques used today not to mention many famous and sought after strains so i would appreciate it if you chilled out on assuming that i am here to start problems and throw bad vibes around and actually try and diss my plant because that is not my goal here at all. I said that u did a great job and to go with what u know meaning different strokes for different folks i had never heard of that so i can't say if it right or wrong i didn't say "you harvested to early, you don't know what the hell you are doing" becasue if i thought that about you i would have said it. And i appologize if this sounds a little rash i just deal with severe crohns disease and use no perscription poisons to help the pain i deal with 24/7 that is brought on and elevated byu stress which reading shit like this causes but i mean no bad blood. And i am truly interested in the strain you are working with man and will be stopping by the journal to check it out. And if this post doesn't piss you off then maybe we can possibly do some genetic trading as i have a vast genetic library in my possession. And again i am sorry if it seemed like i was dissing your plant because it was not my intention at all So to you and your plants, Peace and Jah Bless

Right on dude, I like aggressive aggressive so much better than passive aggressive!! Regardless of the fact that you are trying to say that the things you said weren't really the things you said, I commend you on your energy. Doesn't change that you said "why so early", starkly different in tone and meaning than the other four comments I had regarding harvest time that I have had from those that actually followed the journal and saw that it was 37 days and I harvested at peak resin development, by the book. but "why so early?" ? you sure you dont understand that you were in fact saying that I f-ed up? then you keep saying different strokes for different folks, but really to do it right there are several key factors to look at when harvesting, and its more different strokes for different strains, then maybe slightly altered if needed. Maybe its not your intention to condescend when you say this to me (especially when laughing first), but if you are in the business of all this then I would think you would know this better than I. I don't work for a dispensary, I don't have financial interest in all this. I'm just showing whats going on on my pot life giving back to the community that helped me make a much easier transition into indoor growing than I would have imagined. As far as growing overall tho, there's no need for a pissing contest cause that would be exhaustive for us both considering your background and my 23+ years exp. and like you 2nd gen from family 20 years exp. before me, not to mention a few other as experienced partners along the way, 2nd/3rd gen, etc., from one of the longest standing most respectable regions in the world. I do know a thing or two about when to harvest, at the very least.
I'm all cool with being cool, respect me and I will respect you. Lets be friends, come say hi on my journal (have you ever made it to the journal section? its pretty cool!) , that would be great, I would be honored. Look thru the Sour D journal and you can read about the SD pheno #8, known more locally as South Point Sour D. It is different than the other Sour D's in a few ways. I've never seen the East Coast SD or any others, but I am sure happy with the #8!! and yes, its really an 8 week harvest, unlike the other phenos of SD which I have read can go as long as 12 weeks.
:peacetwo:

hey man saw the HUGE!!! nug of your in high times pix of the crop!! congrats!:party:

Back
Top Bottom