420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: February 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - February 2011

• Sana (Fast Bud)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 52Firestone (Blue Dream / Banana Kush)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • xlr8 (Snow White)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • EASTofEUREKA (Blackberry Kush)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Van Diesel (Purple Nurple)

• grizzly3327 (unnamed)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • SSNUGS (Silver Bubble)

• staffy (kali mist)

• deacnbleu (AK47/First Lady Cross)

• Bandit420 (OG Kush)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Be IRIE (unnamed)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • BassPlayer (Medijuana)

• siscokid (Lemon Skunk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hash Hound (Northern Lights)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Janja (Incredible Kush)

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beautiful nugs again you guys, it gets tougher and tougher to pick each month. Everyone be proud of themselves, you all grow some danky dank....... I miss being able to participate in the contests..
I might have been able to give you guys a run for your money.... Keep up the good work you guys, you just get better and better... heck, just for old time sake...

DSC03208.JPG

DSC03216.JPG

:lot-o-toke:

Thought i'd give this contest a go...
This is a couple of shots of a nug from my last soil grow, Medijuana, harvested on jan 24th and been curing in a jar after hanging for a week...
DSC_1051.jpg

same bud lying down
DSC_1033.jpg

Gotta love all the entries, some great work on show yet again from evry1
:Namaste:
Bassplayer

Beautiful nugs again you guys, it gets tougher and tougher to pick each month. Everyone be proud of themselves, you all grow some danky dank....... I miss being able to participate in the contests..
I might have been able to give you guys a run for your money.... Keep up the good work you guys, you just get better and better... heck, just for old time sake...

DSC03208.JPG

DSC03216.JPG

:lot-o-toke:

Soooo pretty bro! You da man!! You were actually the very first journal I read on this sight a few years ago when I started my research into moving indoors, so many mahalos and much respect!

LEMON SKUNK~ DNA GENETICS
005497.JPG
012262.JPG

Hey I figured, why not... Be Irie kicks bud!:cool:

Good luck to all, I see some pretty cool buds here. :tokin:

OOOOOOh.. that looks mighty yummy! didn't realize you had a grow going. Dang I have been neglectful..

Nirvana Northern Light

My Nirvana Northern Light is finally picked and ready to smoke. She was grown in Hempy with CRF's LSTed under a 400w HPS. She flowered 18 weeks! The smoke is very neutral taste, and doesn't really smell unless you ruffle her feathers. The high is quite nice. Soars a little at first then mellows. Amazingly she was ready to smoke after 2 days hanging. Bud is about an ounce and a half.
Anyway here is one of the upper buds (not the main cola) I would like to submit for consideration for bud of the month.
Full journal can be seen at my link.

NL_18wks_harvested_4_R.jpg

NL_18wks_harvested_10_R.jpg

Not early, they were ready! Using a 60x scope I harvested by resin development. There were a couple amber heads nearly everything else was milky, few clear still. Its not meant to be a heavy/couchlock high, more a tasty daytime smoke, so I intentionally pulled them at this stage. The guy I got it from is an old time professional breeder, has his own strains that have been on the market for over a decade, but I'm not sure yet if its something he developed or maybe someone among his cohorts. I do plan to go and follow up with him now that I've seen it in action. I'll be running them for a while in my journal, so feel free to check in a few weeks when I'll probably be running another batch, but really the 37 days isn't a mistake. I have another strain from him that I started 12/12 the same day the I just pulled 2 of 3 yesterday (50 days) that is the night time heavy hitter that were 30% amber, the other I am going to let get to about 70%. My Sour Diesel are more a sativa high energy daytime smoke that get their first amber heads and are ready to harvest at 56 days. So as far as I know I know what I am doing as far as when to harvest for the smoke I want. I was pretty blown away tho, just like you.
Aloha

lol go with what u know bro whatever works for u. We have a 45 day strain in our family called oregon diamond and is a super couchlock indica so i know what u mean by some strains harvesting early wow a 56 day sour. We have the original East Coast Sour Diesel and we always have to take it to at least 70 days if not more to get a desired bud structure and high. But as u said it all is based on the stage of the trichs. Looks good bro interested on learning more about this strain. Do you happen to know the genetics? if u don't mind me asking that is.
:Namaste:

here is my nug entry this month she is my Fucking Incredible Kush a very rare kush that is one of the best indica strains i have ever smoked. My patients that try this quickly put it on the list as their favorite indica strain. I have better pics of smaller buds but want to show the monster cola she grows.
P101000311.JPG

and another shot same bud dif comparison
P1010038_-_Copy.JPG

Peace and Jah Bless everyone and their beautiful buds.:Namaste:
:goodluck:

:cheer:Polls are now open:cheer:

Exercise your 420th amendment and vote for the Nug of the Month ;)

PS - short update. I've received a few PM's about whether staff is eligible to participate in the contests. I'll tighten up (clarify) the posted rules for next month but wanted to explain our policy in the interim.

Staff may not participate in the Member of the Month contest, because this contest is about the individual. We don't feel it's appropriate for staff to participate since this is in large part a recognition of the popularity of the member (kudos for activism and/or forum participation/helpfulness)

Staff may participate in the Nug and/or Plant of the Month contests. These contests are all about the quality of the herb and/or the photographic artistry. In our view it doesn't matter who owns it or grew it - the vote is for the herb not the individual.

Please - send any comments or questions about this policy to my PM account rather than in this thread ;)

And just for the record the name of my strain is actually Fucking Incredible Kush the original Fucking Incredible is from VISC we just re-created it and used an original urkle male and our pure burmese kush instead of the california purple indica plant visc used in their breeding process with a burmese therefore creating a more stable specimen than the original which i have grown as well. Peace and Jah Bless all the entries this month they are all beautiful. :Namaste:

:tokin: :popcorn:

And just for the record the name of my strain is actually Fucking Incredible Kush the original Fucking Incredible is from VISC we just re-created it and used an original urkle male and our pure burmese kush instead of the california purple indica plant visc used in their breeding process with a burmese therefore creating a more stable specimen than the original which i have grown as well. Peace and Jah Bless all the entries this month they are all beautiful. :Namaste:

:tokin: :popcorn:

And i forgot to mention (sorry stay pretty stoned all day) that the incredible was grown 100% veganic in a secret family living soil mixture and has been the way i have grown for years. Veganic is the only way to grow no need to flush whatsoever if u don't want to and it will still burn whiter than a ghost. peace :Namaste:

ciscokid said:
DAMN! So, no voting for yourself..right? This is pretty hard, I have a few homies here... but really my vote goes to Be Irie.

You can vote for yourself if you want, the only rule is no campaigning ;)

janja said:
And just for the record the name of my strain is actually Fucking Incredible Kush the original Fucking Incredible is from VISC we just re-created it and used an original urkle male and our pure burmese kush instead of the california purple indica plant visc used in their breeding process with a burmese therefore creating a more stable specimen than the original which i have grown as well.

High janja, I wasn't sure whether that was an excited adjective or the true name of the strain - thanks for letting me know. I'll update the consolidated entries and poll description ;)

EASTofEUREKA said:
ust in-case anyone is wondering mine is, "blackberry kush" (grown hydroponically.).

High EofE, I'll update your entry as well ;)

Nice work to all - I wish you the best in the voting.

:passitleft:

Oh boy! Some nice nugs already!! Good thing I'm less interested in winning than in just having fun showing off with you other great growers. Maybe I'd stand a chance this month if my Purple Nurple's buds actually turned purple instead of just tasted purple, but since I have a new strain to show off after months of entering just the Sour D, here it is-

2_9_11_020.jpg

2_9_11_015-1.jpg

I harvested at 37 days flower with mostly milky trichs, and got about 1oz dry/manicured bud per plant. The smoke is a wonderful smooth floral purple/blueberry muffin/plum sauce with a creeper high that you realize fully kicked your ass in about 20 min. This was my first "trial" run with this strain, and hope to do better in the next runs.
Much Aloha and good job to all your entries so far!!

37? 37 frigging days!!?? Holy Crap!!!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom