480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Irish- the jack are nice were they that tall when you put them in ther?? and you should get sum bamboo sticks to hold up your plants instead of those strings.. all you do is stick them in the dirt and get some velcro plant ties and tie the bamboo to the braches i did all my 8 plants in flower and it only took me like 30 min.. next time imma put them on before i put them into 12/12 so i dont have to do it when they start falling all over themselves.. looking like fire!! jack is def a crazy good sativa.. luv it whenevers it comes around

The Jacks look gorgeous. Still waiting for flowers on my test clones. Looking forward to being able to grow such a crystally plant.
waiting for flowers sucks!
lets hope they like it, i was always under oppression that seaweed was better during flower.

ladies are looking good bro. looks like they will start fillin in.
how long u got to go for the jack?

got my crystal chunk tonight, she looks good. nearly ready to lst :)
seaweed is better for veg IMO, but good all around but better for veg.
got a few more weeks
Short of having your plants sucked out through your exhaust fan, I don't believe so ;).

If you're exchanging all the air once a minute or somewhere near there, I have to think that the CO2 level is going to be very close or equal to the ambient level of CO2 outside the tent.

Once you get close to the ambient CO2 level outside the tent, it's not of any benefit to exchange the air any faster than that, and too much air *motion* can create stress, so the "Tim the tool man" approach to ventilation prolly not a good thing.
lol. Tim the tool man
Irish- the jack are nice were they that tall when you put them in ther?? and you should get sum bamboo sticks to hold up your plants instead of those strings.. all you do is stick them in the dirt and get some velcro plant ties and tie the bamboo to the braches i did all my 8 plants in flower and it only took me like 30 min.. next time imma put them on before i put them into 12/12 so i dont have to do it when they start falling all over themselves.. looking like fire!! jack is def a crazy good sativa.. luv it whenevers it comes around
i have the string to pull everything in tighter and closer, the branches are thick as hell and would take allot to bend those colas. just tighten them up to give everything intense equal light string help with the lower branches to get them up high and where i want them, bamboo wouldn't be good for that. but it is good for what ur talking about

fuck the bamboo I hate those things check out my grow with the orange fiberglass driveway markers. you put them in when you put the ladies in their final pots that way no chance of damaging the roots if they are established

fuck the bamboo I hate those things check out my grow with the orange fiberglass driveway markers. you put them in when you put the ladies in their final pots that way no chance of damaging the roots if they are established

i dont damage roots ... i dont stick them straight in the dirt... that would be stupid.. and of course end up with root damage... since i use smart pots.. i just stick the on the outside of the dirt there for i dont mess with the root structure...

i dont damage roots ... i dont stick them straight in the dirt... that would be stupid.. and of course end up with root damage... since i use smart pots.. i just stick the on the outside of the dirt there for i dont mess with the root structure...

I've used the bamboo in the yard, thats why I hate them. The ones I had were hollow bugs were living in them and stuff.

Short of having your plants sucked out through your exhaust fan, I don't believe so ;).

If you're exchanging all the air once a minute or somewhere near there, I have to think that the CO2 level is going to be very close or equal to the ambient level of CO2 outside the tent.

Once you get close to the ambient CO2 level outside the tent, it's not of any benefit to exchange the air any faster than that, and too much air *motion* can create stress, so the "Tim the tool man" approach to ventilation prolly not a good thing.

I miss your dry sense of humor.:grinjoint:

Talked to mike today, talking over switching my lights over to the new 2011 models. we were going to go with two 280w lights in my 4'x4' tent but we decided on using one 180w model but having a extra 180w just in-case i decided to throw it in their for flowering. i was telling him it might helps some of you guys out seeing what the 180's can do in a grow. figured it would be some help to you guys?

in my bigger room i will be doing a grow with four 280w lights when i trade out my 2 older lights. i might do 4 plants with each plant having its own 280w light above it, or maybe six plants with four 280's. not sure yet, but i know i am going big.lol

or whats your thoughts on this? instead of four 280w lights how about six 180w lights in my big room with either 6 plants each one with 180w light or 4 plants with two 180's over each plant for a total of 360w per plant?

any suggestions are more then welcome on what you think or what you would want to see?

280x4=1120W and 180x6=1080W. It's pretty much the same for total wattage, so I would go with 6 180s due to the additional interlacing you will get.

What is the area of your big room that you want to cover?

280x4=1120W and 180x6=1080W. It's pretty much the same for total wattage, so I would go with 6 180s due to the additional interlacing you will get.

What is the area of your big room that you want to cover?

my same thinking. area is a 4'x4' tray but have a 6x6 out side of the tray

thanks for the advise and making it ur 1st post. +rep

i would say do six plants, just because alot of people i talked to about leds dont like them cuz u cant grow as many plants, and if u do use led better only have a few plants, what they say.

havent really seen a big grow done with leds either. have you?

If ur up for this and have space, do 8 plants???
shut them up and do a big grow, show what these leds can do!

i would say do six plants, just because alot of people i talked to about leds dont like them cuz u cant grow as many plants, and if u do use led better only have a few plants, what they say.

allot of eople get things twisted and think a 1000W HPS is very effective in a huge space, but are wrong. 1k is meant for a 4x4 space. any true 1k grower will say the same. i also know i can get more yield from less plants in my area with 4-6 plants over 8. these people that tell you this do they grow with leds? i am also not into shutting people up and proving them wrong, because i dont care what others say, and rather do no more then 6 plants in one area. if you have too many plants in one area you yield will suffer because each plant will fight out each other and penetration will suffer. you can do more plants with 1000w of leds vs 1000w of hps. just going to pay out the ass for the lights, but were not talking price where talking how you cant do as many plants with leds, and that is 100% false. coming from a old HPS grower to a long time led grower. trust me no one can change my mind on that, been using HPS and leds too long and know what each can do..

i think i will try out the 180's in my tent 1st and see how they grow then decided what lights i want to use in my big room and will keep my 300's until then

ok. ya these guys did try led but didnt like it, but they also did use ufo's not GLH, so...

Sorry to butt-in, thought you guys might like to see this journal if you haven't yet Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent
His grow may not be what your talking about because he uses light movers but its a lot of plants and LEDs

ok. ya these guys did try led but didnt like it, but they also did use ufo's not GLH, so...
UFO's are a scam and not all leds are the same. you cant do many plants under a UFO but that dosent mean all les
Sorry to butt-in, thought you guys might like to see this journal if you haven't yet Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent
His grow may not be what your talking about because he uses light movers but its a lot of plants and LEDs

seen that and seen many large leds grows.

hey irish i recently got sum new clones...and instead of putting them into pots i started them in cups and there rocking so good and looking so healthy and they have only been in there a couple days and already root bound in the cup poking out the sides of the dirt all the way at the bottom.. so once the rooots are all sick in the cup i will transplant them... i def can see a difference from any other plant in my tent... there greener then any of them..

hey irish i recently got sum new clones...and instead of putting them into pots i started them in cups and there rocking so good and looking so healthy and they have only been in there a couple days and already root bound in the cup poking out the sides of the dirt all the way at the bottom.. so once the rooots are all sick in the cup i will transplant them... i def can see a difference from any other plant in my tent... there greener then any of them..

you think the leds have to do with the root growth? anything different then what you have done in the pass? my last ones came in little pots and seemd like it worked great, then all went bad.lol. but little pots are great for root growth at 1st. ive been wanting to get a mini air pot just for that. sounds good right?

bro i am happy to here that, you know now you screwed up because you have to post pics for teasing.lol

If you do SOG and lollipop to have single cola plants, I don't see the issue of having too many plants for a given space (within reason) for an LED. On a 4x4' table you can put 25-36 plants in RW cubes or small pots. Prune the bottom 1/3 W2 and again in W4 of flower.

Plants will end 24-36" with a 0-5day veg and the bottom 1/3 is gone, so you only need to "penetrate" 16-27" and the single cola plants will be barely touching each other.

The question in my mind is how much wattage of LED you would need to cover this as good as a 1000W HPS can. I would guess 500-600 true LED Watts could get pretty close.

Also, how much benefit would it be to go for a 3W panel over a 1W or 3W3, given that you need to penetrate max 30" of loose canopy? There is quite a difference in $$$ here.

you think the leds have to do with the root growth? anything different then what you have done in the pass? my last ones came in little pots and seemd like it worked great, then all went bad.lol. but little pots are great for root growth at 1st. ive been wanting to get a mini air pot just for that. sounds good right?

bro i am happy to here that, you know now you screwed up because you have to post pics for teasing.lol

well the root grows sick under the leds and like i said there already root bound and have only been in there since monday..with no stretch looks killer.. well under HID i just put the clones stright into 5 gallon pots straight from plug and the result is what you see flowering in my journal.. so i just think with the led (cause like you said they eat more under them thats for sure) you need to start off small untill there roots are thick and then transplant into bigger ones.. just like any normal gardner would do ! Doh!!! so i feeel suuper stupid.. but axed all the veggers that were in the 5 gallon pots.. and put them in the clone dome.. gonna go pick up more clones and put them into cups this time from the get go.. not a biggie since i get cutz for 5 bucks a piece..

If you do SOG and lollipop to have single cola plants, I don't see the issue of having too many plants for a given space (within reason) for an LED. On a 4x4' table you can put 25-36 plants in RW cubes or small pots. Prune the bottom 1/3 W2 and again in W4 of flower.

Plants will end 24-36" with a 0-5day veg and the bottom 1/3 is gone, so you only need to "penetrate" 16-27" and the single cola plants will be barely touching each other.

The question in my mind is how much wattage of LED you would need to cover this as good as a 1000W HPS can. I would guess 500-600 true LED Watts could get pretty close.

Also, how much benefit would it be to go for a 3W panel over a 1W or 3W3, given that you need to penetrate max 30" of loose canopy? There is quite a difference in $$$ here.
i have buds that are real fat on the very bottom branch and are 4.5' from the leds light.. to cover the area of a 1k HPS depends on what you want? you can use less watt led panels and cover a 1k space for cheaper, or you can add more high power leds and cover a 1k space, so depends on what ur want. if SOG the smaller panels will be great or the bigger ones... here me out on this, you want to go 3w leds no matter what for instead light. going with 1w leds thinking that well i dont have to penetrate as much since it SOG so it will do good to save money, is like flowering a SOG under CFL's over HPS. if using high power 3w leds you can now keep the light higher and their fot get better foot print and intense light. just like how my bottom branch thats 4.5' from the light is fat. dont fall for the 1w leds ive used them and are not the way to go.. you have to also remember that every led light/company is different and they will all perform different because of different led colors used. trying to save money up front by buying a cheaper led light from a different company could cost more in the long run.. trust me i have about 5-6 led lights sitting in a closet because they dont work. i dont want to put them on ebay because i am not that mean.

hop that helps you decided a little better?

well the root grows sick under the leds and like i said there already root bound and have only been in there since monday..with no stretch looks killer.. well under HID i just put the clones stright into 5 gallon pots straight from plug and the result is what you see flowering in my journal.. so i just think with the led (cause like you said they eat more under them thats for sure) you need to start off small untill there roots are thick and then transplant into bigger ones.. just like any normal gardner would do ! Doh!!! so i feeel suuper stupid.. but axed all the veggers that were in the 5 gallon pots.. and put them in the clone dome.. gonna go pick up more clones and put them into cups this time from the get go.. not a biggie since i get cutz for 5 bucks a piece..

to be honest you dont have to start in little pots to get great results, ive never used smaller pots expect for my sick girls right now, ive always threw them in 5gal pots from the start and worked great.

Back
Top Bottom