480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Very interested in what to use as a PH Up to not kill micro life..I usually sit at around 4.0 ph after I mix up the water..add a bit of silica to get it around 5.0..need something else to bump it up a bit + I don't like using silica everytime.

Botanicare PBG & LK are crazy acidic.

Hmmm...I guess Earth Juice makes an organic PH Up & Down.

Bugs don't read labels, so organic acids kill them just as readily as any other kind ;)

Well then what make the best organic pH adjusters? What has the best balance between ease of use, how long/well it stabilizes the pH, and kills/harms/whatever the fewest micro organisms?

Talking about micro-life. The salt-water tank I've had up for over 6 years says micro-life can live in high salt environments easily. The type of micro-life we are talking about inside our pots are not accustom to high levels of salt. Salt in small forms will not kill these microbes. Why do the microbes die, simple. Just like anything else that doesn't have anything to eat, it will die. Not having food in the soil for the microbes will kill it faster than a bit of salt from a pH down. I use 20ml in 5 gallons of water. There is NO WAY that amount of salt kills the microbes, as long as you stay within the bounds set by the feeding schedule. It goes from 8.0 to 6.0 pH. Impossible that is enough salt to kill these microbes. Also, I don't "keep" adding it the microbes. You CAN if one chooses to keep adding it, but it can be applied once during potting and then kept alive using Humic Acids, molasses and other elements the entire grow.

I think the biggest debate here is the amount of salts we are talking about. A lot of salt will kill everything in your medium, not enough is also an issue. Using pH down is no way too much salt for microbes. Pouring it directly into your roots, yeah it will kill them.

Hey Irish,

Well, if I didn't before, I now know your position on Supernatural. Only used their cure, but if you don't mind, what is your current final flush of choice (interested)? Any other input from others, is always appreciated. I am always looking to try new things in the areas that I have some room to play with.

Cheers! :rollit:

Hey Irish,

Well, if I didn't before, I now know your position on Supernatural. Only used their cure, but if you don't mind, what is your current final flush of choice (interested)? Any other input is always appreciated. I am always looking to try new things in the areas that I have some room to play with.

Cheers! :rollit:

water! feed some Humic acid the 1st watering of flush, then just water after that

a simple thing is, if you feel that PH down dosent hurt micro life then use it. i for one will not and if that causes me to lose plants while trying organics then it is what it is. i know for 100% fact you dont need to PH anything with good micro life, the proof is in my jacks! never even touched PH or tested ANYTHING THEIR WHOLE LIFE, and nither has any of my organic friends. all of the study's ive read before stay it harms micro life and i chose not to use it and dont think its needed unless you do somthing wrong like i did on this grow. just use what works best for you guys.

their is allot of different micro life out their and just adding PH down wont wipe them all out but lower their #'s IMO. but at the end of the day each grower has their own opinions and just use what works best for them.

really? dont play with me! you mean this whole time i could have used it and it wouldnt hurt the micro life?

i thought a 50% vin mixed with 50% water was a great disinfectant? my grandma been lieing to me?:)

what in is the best to use if you know?

I tried telling you that yesterday. I've had no issues with it using it for ph down. Lime juice or lemon juice works as well.

I tried telling you that yesterday. I've had no issues with it using it for ph down. Lime juice or lemon juice works as well.

still not sure about it bro, ive read allot about it and it

Recipe for Vinegar Weed Killer - LoveToKnow Garden

Vinegar Weed Killer: Grandma's Recipe For Fast Weed Control

just Google it and you will find a ton of info on it.

i am not worried about PHing my water or anything, i can see as clear as day good organic soil and organics with micro life dont need to have PH adjusted water

These weren't pictures of a product label or a bottle. Or a sells pitch on an additive, it was an article on a new method of soil building, which tries to mimic nature's own soil balance as it does outdoors. There wasn't one mention of any one product in the entire article just to be clear. I had to take several, separate shots to get most of the article. I guess if you didn't read it, and just assumed, it might look like a label of some product.

Check this out Irish. Not sure if this is ok, but if it gets removed I'll send you the pictures PM. I just can't cut and paste this info.

[PICTURES]

Some very good info on those, hope you can read them for the most part.

That's all nice, but I want citations and studies, not advertising from a bottle. Anyone can claim anything on a bottle, but if there's been studies on this, and the text can be verified that way, then I'm more about reading it. Just my two cents' worth.

That's all nice, but I want citations and studies, not advertising from a bottle. Anyone can claim anything on a bottle, but if there's been studies on this, and the text can be verified that way, then I'm more about reading it. Just my two cents' worth.

Do you even understand what I posted? Or what you are reading? A bottle? Huh, what? Where?

:tokin:

Take the info or leave it. I know it's accurate. There's no one selling anything.

I picked up the GO line for the no PHing. I've only been using it a couple of weeks but so far I love it. I have no idea what the PH of the nutes and water going in are nor what the medium is at but everything looks perfect so far. The only complaint I have is that they seem to be growing really slow but I don't think that has anything to do with the nutrients so I guess that's not really a valid complaint.

thanks for that info, i am going to use their base stuff, not going for the bio bud because i dont want to spend $40 on it without knowing what it dose. i already have their bio weed and bio roots and works great for me. with some added micro life and some compost teas here and their i think it will rock out.

keep me posted bro on the GO line:high-five:

Do you even understand what I posted? Or what you are reading? A bottle? Huh, what? Where?

:tokin:

Take the info or leave it. I know it's accurate. There's no one selling anything.

I know you're not selling, but the people that print stuff like that on a bottle are selling -- I'm just a skeptic of labels that claim stuff like "chemical nutes have fillers and stuff that will kill your plants!1111".

Not trying to diss you brother, just sharing my skepticism of the market for nutrients, additives, bud boosters, root rippers, whatevers -- all for growing of the blessed herb.

ive grown veganics a few times, some of my best produtcs and addtives are veg. infact my Jacks are veganics from the teas and the frost and smell is like no other jacks ive ever seen and the most frosty plant ive ever grown hands down. if only i had a good camera to show you guys.

no i think its needs a little help, so i added some gunao the last week or 2, but guano also helps bring out the taste. but i think a good dialed in veganic or organic grow can yield just as good as chems. just not as easy to do, i can tell with chems i could get better yield from my jacks but dont think quality is the same, i just like the fact my plants are eating none chems made in a lab. once i harvest these girls then i will know more if i like organic or chem better. ive had some fine tasting chem weed ive grown also, but would love to see how i like organic weed that i know is organic because i grew myself.

what up

im sure u will like the organics alot better.

have u done anything dif to ur sick ladies?

Back
Top Bottom