480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

hi, irish
i hope we get some before and after harvest pics -nice looking plants, can't wait to hear the weights and a smoke report. whats your next strain going to be?

hi, irish
i hope we get some before and after harvest pics -nice looking plants, can't wait to hear the weights and a smoke report. whats your next strain going to be?

i will have some pics tonight. all also take some before harvest and after. the next strain is going to be Casey Jones.

i would let them dry up a little before adding food now, dont want to over water them. folair feeding is a great way to fix things, not sure how well EJ works as a folair feeding though? but something with N will work faster threw the leaves just take it easy on it and make sure not to spray the buds. or if your soil drys out fast then hit them with the EJ grow.

no worries about posting pics on here i only ask that no one post pics right after i post some of my pics of my plants. it really throws things off when that happens, besides that i dont care. but i do think you will get more help if you started a thread asking about this, some people get burnt out in reading all the post of this thread and it get put on that back burner with some members, i do it also.lol. so starting a new thread would be a good idea also and see if you can get more input.

K I will make this my last post on it

two .8gallon air pots each got watered with 1 gallon of tap water. Initial runoff was over 1000 and merky/dark, at the end about 700 and cleared up a bunch. PH probes of dirt ran 6.5 while PH of runoff ran over 8.5 (although its color drip test and water is mirky so who knows)

three 2gallon air pots each got watered with about 1 gallon of tap water. Initial runoff was about 430 dark/merky, at the end about 400 and about as dark and merky as the initial runoff from smaller plants was even though it had about 1/2 the ppm! PH soil probe showed 6.5 on each plant and the runoff at about 7.5 pH

Question 1: Start back at what I was giving before, less than before, or more than before?*Worried I could either underfeed and cause more damage, or over feed and cause shock/damage

Question 2: What are ideal amounts of runoff per gallon of soil in a pot? Is there some rule of thumb I can follow? Apparently watering just enough that little/ifany runoff drips out is bad and I've been doing it for months!

Hey irish how long after tonights pics do you plan on harvest them? No more pics between the 2?

I think that a new thread would be a fresh idea... you got so much info on this one that the results of this grow your doing going on a fresh thread would be convenient!

My two cents..

K I will make this my last post on it

two .8gallon air pots each got watered with 1 gallon of tap water. Initial runoff was over 1000 and merky/dark, at the end about 700 and cleared up a bunch. PH probes of dirt ran 6.5 while PH of runoff ran over 8.5 (although its color drip test and water is mirky so who knows)

three 2gallon air pots each got watered with about 1 gallon of tap water. Initial runoff was about 430 dark/merky, at the end about 400 and about as dark and merky as the initial runoff from smaller plants was even though it had about 1/2 the ppm! PH soil probe showed 6.5 on each plant and the runoff at about 7.5 pH

Question 1: Start back at what I was giving before, less than before, or more than before?*Worried I could either underfeed and cause more damage, or over feed and cause shock/damage

Question 2: What are ideal amounts of runoff per gallon of soil in a pot? Is there some rule of thumb I can follow? Apparently watering just enough that little/ifany runoff drips out is bad and I've been doing it for months!

Hey irish how long after tonights pics do you plan on harvest them? No more pics between the 2?

your missing the point bro, keep the post on here but start a thread also and get double the help;)

i would feed like i showed you on that link seems pretty solid with watering between feedings. more N in the feedings.

with organics i dont like to get run off, with chems i like to get 10% run off. the only time when my Jacks get run off is when i am flushing for harvest, once in a while ill water too much and get run off but was not my goal. you need to flush when you have allot of salts, with true organics or ones with low salts you dont need to get runoff or allot the plain watering should help dilute things plenty. like i said though i never used EJ and dont know how it is. i use more micro life teas and lots of micro life in my medium and let them do the work for me. worked great for me on this grow so lets hope i can do it again?lol.. its not that easy as you can see on my last few clones. i dont plan on PHing or flushing again on this next grow.

seems like you have allot of stuff built up in ur soil and you were feeding them too much to me if you weren't giving waterings between every feeding, organics take time to break down and the micro life is what really helps with this. i would just feed not heavy but with some nitrogen added, maybe you can get away with just the grow formula or more of it compared to the bloom one?

about to harvest this weekend and getting new girls this week, so i was wondering what you guys thought would be better? start a new thread or keep this one rolling?

Nice, can't wait to see how they turned out! I vote for a new thread, only so people searching these threads won't have to surf through 200-300 pages....keep it simple....and keep up the good work, dude!

Nice, can't wait to see how they turned out! I vote for a new thread, only so people searching these threads won't have to surf through 200-300 pages....keep it simple....and keep up the good work, dude!
i agree with you guys and feel the same way. not what to name it? i run out of names now.lol
Harvest time already? Seems like only yesterday that this thread started.:hookah:
i wish it was only that fast!.lol

your missing the point bro, keep the post on here but start a thread also and get double the help;)

i would feed like i showed you on that link seems pretty solid with watering between feedings. more N in the feedings.

with organics i dont like to get run off, with chems i like to get 10% run off. the only time when my Jacks get run off is when i am flushing for harvest, once in a while ill water too much and get run off but was not my goal. you need to flush when you have allot of salts, with true organics or ones with low salts you dont need to get runoff or allot the plain watering should help dilute things plenty. like i said though i never used EJ and dont know how it is. i use more micro life teas and lots of micro life in my medium and let them do the work for me. worked great for me on this grow so lets hope i can do it again?lol.. its not that easy as you can see on my last few clones. i dont plan on PHing or flushing again on this next grow.

seems like you have allot of stuff built up in ur soil and you were feeding them too much to me if you weren't giving waterings between every feeding, organics take time to break down and the micro life is what really helps with this. i would just feed not heavy but with some nitrogen added, maybe you can get away with just the grow formula or more of it compared to the bloom one?

I fed each plant every other watering, the .8gallon plants every other day and the 2 gallon airpots ever 3 days. The only salt should be from the potassium-bicarbonate that is the pH up I using as all my EJ stuff is supposed to be organic (not organic based like say FF). I will water all my plants again in 2 days, this will leave 1 day for the water to have its chlorine and such bubbled out. It will also leave 1 day for the nutes to bubble, although this time with a heating pad (hopefully that helps) although the guide you posted for me about EJ those guys said they did pH adjust before applying but I don't think they talked at all about how (so you may be right about not needing to use pH up with organics but they did it with no mention of not doing it). Oh and it leaves the plants a couple days to dry from being thoroughly soaked.

Last grow I used Fox farm
Veg 6-4-4
Flower 3-2-6 (yipes 6 compared to 1? I should probably buy some meta k)

While this grow I use Earth Juice
Veg 2-1-1
Flower 0-3-1

I don't think I've been giving them as much NPK with EJ as I did with FF if each of those values is for 1 tsp per gallon. FF is 3-4times more NPK potent than EJ and I am certainly not even given them 50% more tsp of liquid fertilizers with EJ than I was with FF. it looks like the FF had an appropriate amount of N in the Flower nutes so you could completely switch bottles, while with the EJ I'm supposed to have used a mix of veg and flower through flower (and probably need that meta K for such low levels of it in all the EJ nutes). These plants have possibly been getting 1/3rd the N-P-K per gallon as my last set of plants were!

If the plants seem much worse tomorrow I may cave and feed them without having bubled the nutes first

PS: Accourding to that link you gave me Irish I should be giving them 1tsp of Catalyst, 1 tsp of Micro Nutes, 3tsp of Grow, 1/2tsp of Meta K, and 4 tsp of Flower at this # of weeks. What i last gave them was probably about 3-4tsp Catalyst, 1/2-1 tsp of micro, 1-1.5tsp Grow, and 2-3tsp of Flower per gallon

yeah Irish get some new 2011 and do a super grow for maximum amazing yield/quality and win some more contests like that Bud of the Month with an LED!

*last post on it unless anyone has something significant to say. Apologies to everyone. And let this go to show you all that Spectras can make plants extra hungry and that can cause issues if you aren't experienced.

How about:

Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra beatdown....enter the frosty forest of dreams

Assuming you're gonna rock some 2011's...lol

Well he gave you his advice so take it or leave it homie, try top dressing with a cup of fresh dirt, flush and feed half strength with 50/50 veg flower, maybe your plants leaching for nitrogen, the way its yellowing from bottom up... my 2 cents
Sorry if any of that was mentioned I haven't read the conversation so much, however have been getting alerted quite frequently via smartphone on this topic...:hmmmm:

** I went back a page and noticed that McCrackin, Bandit420 and Irishboy all raised accurate conclusions. Saturate greatly and slowly up your nitrogen/ overall NPK

Its called leaching BTW, to all who described around the term

i am not sure if i will be using the new lights? i tried calling Mike to make sure but havent got a call back. i will maybe start them off with the 1st gen 2011 240wers for veg then move them to my old 360w 2010 lights for flowering. dosent matter to me witch ones i use. i might throw a few under the old 300's in veg also to see how they light it compared to the new light? or might just use the old 300's all the way threw and just add the 2011 (240w) light in the middle of my older 300's for flowering and see what happens and that will put me just under 1000w of leds, ill figure out? but thinking ill go with two 300's on each side of the new 1st gen 240w in the middle and use that setup to flower then use my other 240w to veg in my tent. not going to flower in that tent temps are going to be way too hot in the summer time and i cant exhaust out but only into the same room, so my main flowering room is going to be ideal in these temps since i have a good exhaust setup. i will use my tent to get the newest girls a head start the veg so when i harvest i will have girl ready to go straight into flowering.

So what are all the Spectra lights you have and grow tents/rooms? You have some older 300s and 240s and some newer stuff? I'm confused by all the free stuff you're rockin haha Do you only grow in those 2 grow tents?

So what are all the Spectra lights you have and grow tents/rooms? You have some older 300s and 240s and some newer stuff? I'm confused by all the free stuff you're rockin haha Do you only grow in those 2 grow tents?

i only have one tent, and just my regular grow room. i have two old (2010) 360w lights, and two 240w 1st gen (2011) lights. i dont have the new new lights. never really used the new 1st gen 240w lights none of my plants lived long enough. so when it comes to the new lights i have no clue i only know about the older ones.

how about a title for new thread that includes

growing a pot of gold

to keep with the irish theme

as far as hydro grower, ill have to think about that one for a min, cant think off of the top of my head. what kind of hydro?

that is my next bit of research want to pick the best type of Hydro I can. I saw this one that was just tubes all snaked around but just getting started with that part. Sorry for the delay I work nights and was asleep.

How about " Irish's Jacked up pot o Gold"

63 days
100_4770.JPG
100_47661.JPG
100_4744.JPG
100_4763.JPG
100_47641.JPG
100_4759.JPG
100_4761.JPG
100_47501.JPG
100_4756.JPG

those are aewsome girls! are those photos taken by the camera you wanted to replace?
the photos and girls look very nice to me, looks like playing with your photos on the computer made a big differance for ya, or did ya actually go get a new/differant camera?

Back
Top Bottom