48x24x60 grow tent, which AC Infinity Cloudline T4 or T6 for exhaust with scrubber?

The tent I'm looking at has 8" in intakes on the bottom as well as the velcro mesh vents. Also when you say 5min for every 30min does that mean the exhaust fan is on only for 5min every 30min? I thought the exhaust fan needs to be on all the time?

I think once I start ordering all my parts I'm going to set it all up and see what a constant temp/ rH I can come up with. The temps I'll be able to control with my central AC and with my exhaust fan but my rH is going to be another story. Humidity is usually pretty low where I live and being inside should have it pretty low also.

I think that will be the same for me controlling the humidity vs the temps.

From reading on here "coco" seems to be the most forgiving meaning it can be flushed easily to reach the desired ph and ppm levels if you go over or if the plant doesn't like the current ratios. But I've also read that with coco watering needs to happen more often...which makes me think more waste/ run off for water and nutes. Can this run off be caught and reused? How do people that use soil regulate the ppm levels...I was reading and people say don't even bother with the soil probs they're junk.

I vent from the top 4” and the intake is at the bottom the 6” using the 8” hole. I use the exhaust fan to regulate the humidity and the temperature that’s why at first I had it at 5min every hour but my humidity was getting too high in the 80+% bad for mill due so I increased to 5min every 30 min and started to use the de-humidifier in the room the tent is in and lower that to around 50 to 55% in the room, so now my exhaust fan is on a humidity sensor set at 60 to 66% to automatically lower the humidity in the tent.
If your humidity is very low you might have to invest in a humidifier in the tent and tweak it to the level you need meanwhile trying to keep the heat at a reasonable level with the exhaust fan.

My Temperature in the room is around 72F and the tent stays at around 77F but at night it goes down to 70-71F with the light off. I have a small fan inside ON 24hrs a day to circulate and give a small breeze to the plant to help strength up the stems and better roots, plant are smart that way !!!lol
I always used soil and never tried the coco so i’m More confortable using soil but a good organic soil !!!
Hydroponic seems faster to grow but needs more attention to the levels given to the plants I dont think it’s for the newbie like myself LOL I’ll stick to my soil.

Great thanks everyone for the replies I really appreciate it! I'm going to be ordering most of my stuff in a couple weeks so once I do I'll start posting pics in here and start a grow journal in the journal section.

I'm still kinda unsure about nutes tho...what kinds to use, seems like everyone on here uses their own personal cocktails of nute mixtures. Scorpio mentioned the Fox Farms trio and is really popular (Big Boom, Big Grow, Tiger Bloom) I'm thinking to just get that for my first grow.

I have a 6” AC infinity and use the “smart” setting, it’s great except when it gets right at the maximum set temp; it will loudly ramp up the fan which instantly cools down the room by 1° so it will slow the fan back down again which instantly heats the room back up by 1° so it speeds back up. It’s quite loud and annoying, but only does this for about 5 minutes at a time until the temp stabilizes.

:passitleft:

I have a 6” AC infinity and use the “smart” setting, it’s great except when it gets right at the maximum set temp; it will loudly ramp up the fan which instantly cools down the room by 1° so it will slow the fan back down again which instantly heats the room back up by 1° so it speeds back up. It’s quite loud and annoying, but only does this for about 5 minutes at a time until the temp stabilizes.

there is a way to change the setback on the controller to minimize that if your worried about it.

Great thanks everyone for the replies I really appreciate it! I'm going to be ordering most of my stuff in a couple weeks so once I do I'll start posting pics in here and start a grow journal in the journal section.

I'm still kinda unsure about nutes tho...what kinds to use, seems like everyone on here uses their own personal cocktails of nute mixtures. Scorpio mentioned the Fox Farms trio and is really popular (Big Boom, Big Grow, Tiger Bloom) I'm thinking to just get that for my first grow.
The FoxFarm was recommended to me so I decided to go with that even through the page I was reading it also mentioned it. Scorpio and others also recommended to use it at half strength for soil so I’m not sure if this would be the same for growing in coco.

The Fox farms Scorpio and others also recommended to use it at half strength for soil so I’m not sure if this would be the same for growing in coco.

I would put that question back at Chris in regards to frequency with soil. Generally speaking when they feel light like they are about 1/2 to 3/4 dry. Depending in pot size. This could be ofen it its hot and dry or no so if it was cooler out.

The frequency in coco is once to twice a day because the medium doesn't hold moisture in. Just water to a slight runoff.

Either method IMO they both work.

Hey Doob! So I'm planning on picking up the 6" AC infinity this week and was wondering what carbon filter you were using with it? On their site they will be releasing a filter at some point in December but I was kinda hoping to get everything set up in the tent sooner rather than later so was looking for suggestions of other brands. I know phresh is a popular albeit quite expensive option but was just curious as to what you were using. Thanks!

I don’t actually have a carbon filter on that fan. I have it pulling already filtered air out of my entire room. But in my tents I use cheap Amazon filters. I’ve never used the expensive ones, but the cheap ones work great so I can’t imagine spending more.

Back
Top Bottom