5.4 sq. feet - is 250w adequate?

JediPeaceFrog

Hello everybody. Right now i'm leaning toward this setup: Original Green Grow Box 3.0

We're talking about 36wx20dx60h....according to my dismal math, that's 5.4 square feet. According to the great info provided by Hosebomber, you would need a MINIMUM of 50watts of light for each square foot, which would equal 270w. My question: I understand that going with a 400w hid would be better, but wouldn't a 250w be just fine also for nice yield? Wouldn't 400w be a tad bit of overkill? In such a small sq. foot space, based on the research I've been doing lately, I would think that 250w would be just fine. I would put at least 4 plants, using eco-hydro-pots. Thanks for the advice and input in advance!

I'm thinking of using the smaller version of this setup for veg, with 2 mothers and all the clones I can carry: Original Green Grow Box 2.0 But I don't think that I would have to touch the lighting with that for 2 mothers and clones. What would you think about that? Thanks again for the hand-holding. Peace. :thumb:

Re: 5.4 sq. feet....is 250w adequate?

The 400 HPS is in a cool tube, so the heat shouldn't be an issue. If you drop down to a 250 watt unit you will still be able to grow a finished product. The difference is in the 60% reduction of photons will produce ~40% less product. If you are growing for personal consumption and nothing else, this will serve you fine.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I want to make sure I do all the in-depth research I can before I proceed on my first grow in 15 years. Can't wait to post my first grow journal on here.

Hello everybody. Right now i'm leaning toward this setup: Original Green Grow Box 3.0

We're talking about 36wx20dx60h....according to my dismal math, that's 5.4 square feet. According to the great info provided by Hosebomber, you would need a MINIMUM of 50watts of light for each square foot, which would equal 270w. My question: I understand that going with a 400w hid would be better, but wouldn't a 250w be just fine also for nice yield? Wouldn't 400w be a tad bit of overkill? In such a small sq. foot space, based on the research I've been doing lately, I would think that 250w would be just fine. I would put at least 4 plants, using eco-hydro-pots. Thanks for the advice and input in advance!

I'm thinking of using the smaller version of this setup for veg, with 2 mothers and all the clones I can carry: Original Green Grow Box 2.0 But I don't think that I would have to touch the lighting with that for 2 mothers and clones. What would you think about that? Thanks again for the hand-holding. Peace. :thumb:

By the way I got a figure of 5 feet exactly for your grow area. 3'x 1.66' = 5 square feet - 50 watts per square foot puts you at exactly 250 watts. They say never too much light but one would likely run into issues with a 400w setup in that space I am guessing.

Thanks for the help, guys. As I research before my first grow in 15+ years, I'm finding the biggest question mark always comes back to HEIGHT, for me anyway. I don't really like the idea of a 7-ft tall tent in my room...I like the idea of a smaller size, so if I need to, I could always throw it in the closet for stealth. I'm only going to be doing 2 styles of grows...scrog and sog. I'm only into Indicas, so keeping it short is easier. Can anybody give me some points on sogging white widow? I would like to know what the average height you got your WW to before harvest...utilizing the shortest time for veg and still have healthy cuttings....1 week? If somebody could shed some light on this for me, it would be a BIG help. Thanks.

Just saying , 400w , check out a 400w digital dimmable to 250w. It is well worth the extra initial investment buying the larger light. You can use the 250w selection for early veg and turn it up to 400w to flower.

Hello everybody. Right now i'm leaning toward this setup: www.hydroboxgrow.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=0003]Original Green Grow Box 3.0[/url]

Back
Top Bottom