600 watt hps light spacing

Hashassinz

Damn found an insane deal for 90$ for 600 watt hps light with digital ballast, bulb and reflector. This my first time running more than one light. So wanted to know what is a good spacing for the lights to be hung at. Seeing all sorts of different info but looks like 5 to 6 feet apart might be right I'm not 100% sure so figured I would ask. If someone could help would appreciate it ty.:Namaste:

Actually kinda depends on the reflectors. some work better than others. Some of the Fin ones have dead spots and only work well next to each other for the cross pattern. Can you post a pic of the type of reflector you have? Fin ones are fine and in the right space are awesome but they also let a lot of light out the end...like a lot of light so those are meant for large spaces with lots of overlapping lights.

Small reflectors will concentrate the light into a smaller footprint so they need to be spaced closer.

Big old school circular reflectors distribute over a huge area and can be spaced farther apart.

:Namaste:

88235_99321c8a13b5db60abfb8d9f32bf7c51a1d3d5eb_original.jpg
that is the light reflector wing type. Room size is 12fx10f. Hope that helps cause I wanna redo the room tomorrow for the light. ty

Also I never need to worry about room temps so if that helps. Temp in room will always be 65-70 degrees F even if i were to add like 4 more lights it would stay the same.

I did a quick search and found this cool website. I just googled "spacing hid reflectors" and the third link was cool.

https://www.just
growers
.com/stream/indoor-garden-design-and-build/planning-your-indoor-garden.aspx

And in general they are saying 4 feet center to center. With about 8 feet of coverage. Not probably your reflectors though. Yours will distribute lower intensity over a larger area so you may be able to space a little more. Maybe 5 foot center to center.

A good amount of light will come out the end so you may want to mount the open end closer to a reflective wall. Maybe make a make shift end reflector surface with some mylar.

Wow Villiageldiot that website was what I was looking for thank you so much. That answered my question perfect and yeah I am gonna keep adding more lights little by little. Just recently got the room since I just manned up and paid for my kid to move out so I can have a good size grow room. Not used to having so much space and its da shit. Realized I need more light and plants since I got my new room. Working on it little by little but thanks a ton for that link was perfect for me. Like really man good looking out for me really appreciate it so much i'm still learning so.Even though I got 2 grows done.:thanks:

Anytime just ask...

2 grows means you haven't even started to figure out how little you understand ;)

It takes years to get the basics down. Stick with it though. It is real easy to learn. There is just a lot of things that can go wrong that you wont understand until you mess it up. There are also lots of very advanced techniques you wont master until you know a lot more. So it takes a while. Most reasonable people feel like they are always learning.

I am always trying new techniques and different grow styles, in some cases just to try them out. So even though I have been growing more than 20 years I still keep learning new stuff. That keeps it fun. The first few grows are real exciting.

Back
Top Bottom