6000w/Perpetual Harvest/Full atmospheric Control/Detail Med-Grow Construction/Support

Vanilla Kush

Welcome to the construction of a 6000w grow! Whether You have roots in the ground, or are still germinating your idea's, we can all learn. I really wanted to start a journal because I am going to have a fast paced learning opportunity, so I want to humbly, but ambitiously, seek help from those with years of experience.

I found I have a passion for Botany, especially cannabis, and I do believe to truly be happy you must follow your passions. The best part of it all, I'm providing High Quality Medicine to certain members of my close community that live in extreme pain, and want to get off their life-unbalancing prescriptions. They are my first and only concern, which is why I really want the help of Master Gardeners.

Now onto the set-up

First of all, I have an Ideal Situation:

A remote Cabin in a basement with small windows, with a large tub, and the ability to design a large area to how ever I feel will utilize it best(Veg room, Flower room, And work space will be built).

I want to Harvest every two weeks after the first ladies teach me a lesson, and it's really important to me to have quality medicine the first time round because my patients deserve relief and there medicine free. I hope we all enjoy the Show... But it's time to Break things down...

The small 3D model designs that better display the space..heres it currently
Better_Sketch.jpg

Here's generally how it'll look after:
user134144_pic280984_1264497723.jpg

Thats just an idea of the set-up I want to create, so remember Dimensions aren't exact.. I'm going to extend the the room with the tub (right hand corner) all the way across and also divide veg and flower more evenly.

The edit was done in Paint on the computer, but gives you an idea of how awesome venting is going to be.

The main focus of this is going to LEARN LEARN LEARN
And Document Everything Before my Perpetual Grow Journal
I want to have charts pre-ready to fill out, as well as schedules for plants rotation/what nutrients when/soil moisture,ph/ temp...etc. I am going to record my results with a lot of the same "plant observations" provided by Jman on his Nute Study thread nute study - Page 2 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
(everyone should check it out that hasn't)
I'm going to also throw in a couple things of my own.
I'm starting to study and read Botany books.
I was recently given advice that made me rethink how i was approaching things.
I would really appreciate any idea's

2 exits in each room, 2 designed to vent
Also, I have a better understanding of the lighting set-up I'm going to have.
4-5x 1000w in Flower
1x 1000w MH in Vegetative
One MH in the middle of flower will give all the girls well rounded avg. 40% PAR across the spectrum

Stations 1-4 which will either rotate every 2 or 4 weeks.

Light created Life. So it's the number one priority for initial set-up and cost. The investment you put in your lights, will last through many, many plants' life's, and somehow, I'm already loving it..
Self-sustainable energy would be nice, but not practical at this point in time. Even in half a year time Solar Panels could go down significantly enough..

Should i think about getting T5 vo for the clones? Well more so, is it worth those extra lumens/CRI/color temperature for a VO.
Would it benefit baby clones to have alternating Blue/Red bulbs?
I can't wait to make my own test for all these, but for now Learn, Learn, Learn.

Supplies list: I listed the suggested retail value, but we are getting everything close to whole sale :)
Thank you Family and friends for that!

Ballast:
x5/6 Lumatek 1000w Ballast

Reflector:
X4/5 Daystar 6" A/c:
Suggested Retail: $169.95
LxWxH: 22 ½"x12 ½"x7 3/8"
Reflectivity: 95%
Glass Retention: Doesn't say?
A/C Fittings: 6"
Weight: 17.8lbs.
Maybe a little too small? The Radiant 6" a/c is the same thing: except;
Suggested Retail: $189.95
LxWxH; 25"x21"x9 3/8"
Weight: 28.1lbs.
or
x4/5 Block Buster:
Suggested Retail: $174.95
LxWxH: 25 1/2"x 25 1/2"x 10"
Glass Retention: Hinged
Weight: 19.5
or
x4 (Block Buster/Daystar): Stats listed above.

x1 6" Magnum XXXL: (for MH in middle of flower)<--If we go for the middle one, I want to figure out a good way to direct the light more towards the plants and their stations, cause there will be a space open in the middle to water and help with plant rotation.
Suggested Retail: $232.95
LxWxH: 32 ½"x26 ¼"x7 ¾"
Glass Retention: Retention Bars
Weight: 33.4

And (for Veg room)

X1 Agrotech Magnum:
Suggested Retail: $132.95
LxWxH: 31 ¼"x29"x8 ½"
Glass Retention: N/A
A/C Fittings: N/A or Adaptable
Weight: 6.1

Bulbs:

x1 (6 pack) Hortilux Blue:
Initial lumens at rated watts after 100 hours: 80000 lm
Mean lumens at 10 hours/start: 64000 lm
Rated average life: 6000 h
Warm up time Maximum: 4 min
Correlated color temperature: 5500 K
CIE chromaticity: 0.33, 0.35 X, Y
Color rendering index: 92
Operating Position: HOR±15º
Hot Re-strike time: 15 max. min

x2-3 (6 pack) Hortilux Super HPS:
Initial lumens at rated watts after 100 hours: 145000 lm
Mean lumens at 10 hours/start:127000 lm
Rated average life: 24000 h
Warm up time (90% lumens): 5 min
Correlated color temperature: 2100 K
CIE chromaticity: 0.532, 0.403 X ,Y
Color rendering index: 26
Operating Position: Any
Hot Re-strike time: 15 min
And/Or

The Idea:
-With 4 1000w in flower, Super Blue Bulbs could be at station 1,2, and/or 3 to promote heavier yields and better product.

-This could help with the 5 1000w set-up, but my thinking is that with the Blue Bulb and consistent rotation (at each station), the amount we'd spend on bulbs compared to the effect on the garden's quality wouldn't be as productive.

-One day I'll be able to actually test that, so remember, this is all in theory, and I would love experienced persons feedback on this idea.

"Logic" Behind it.
-I will have a section later on the logistics of why I think this would this would be something to even consider, but basically the brief concept is:

-"Blue Light" promotes shoot/bud growth (Replicating; end of winter- Early spring sun)

-"Red Light" promotes the buds development/"ripening" and really pushes the Trichomes out (Replicating; Mid-Summer/Late-Fall harvest sun).

-So having "Blue/Red Light" in station 3, would promote both heavy bud growth and development. With a Super Hps to finish 'em.

The Bulb n' Specs
x1 (6 Pack) Hortilux Super Blue:
Initial lumens at rated watts after 100 hours: 110000 lm
Mean lumens at 10 hours/start: 85,000 lm
Rated average life at10hrs/start: 10,000 h
Warm up time, maximum: 8 min
Correlated color temperature: 3000 K
CIE chromaticity: .424, .386 X, Y
Color rendering index (Ra): 65
Operating Position: HOR +/- 30 deg.
Time to hot re-start maximum: 15 max. min
The Fan and Filter: We are going to filter the air exiting the flowering room, and have it on a completely Different "Air-Circuit" than the other 2 rooms (so we don't increase the risk of pollinating 30-45 Flowering Females). We will be pulling air in from the outside in each of the 2 rooms, because it is cleaner and contains a lot more useful gases than inside air (dust, chemicals, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen etc.);
1. What are some recommendations for an intake filter to prevent any possible entry for pest and other pollutants, while still maintaining the good qualities of outside air?
2. Are there any significant risks to Filter/Fan Combo's? And does $400 seem fare for a 400 CFM canna filter/fan combo. That'll clear out the flowering room in about 5 minutes I think?
3. Will I have to worry about the Drying/Work room and Vegetative Room smelling too much if I have it venting out a chimney? Veg I Know will be cool with the smell, but drying/trimming/curing I am worried about. We have many outside events at the cabin in the summer (consistent snow through winter that high), and the neighbors often walk by down the road or just exploring. Should I consider another filter for complete discreetness?
4. I'm confused on how bringing in 0degree weather will work... It'll be hot in the room, but that still really concerns me.

X1 Can-Combo 66 Filter with Flange/8" Can-fan
This is one item that has actually been defined by our Design Support (What I mean by that is what product they are going to use), but they were still vague and said a can combo filter/fan that has 400 CFM.
They mainly are going to put up the walls, do the electrician stuff, and help set-up room. It turns out my research paid off, and I want to definitely invest in certain main items. They seem like good, very knowledgeable people, so helping them out is just another plus.

Smaller Supplies
X2-4 Hygro/thermo-meter LCD display
X2 Soil ph/moisture meters
X1 Luminosity Meter
....Supplies List: TO be continued...

Re: 6000w/Perpetual Harvest/Full atmospheric Control/Detail Med-Grow Construction/Sup

6000 watts! You ain't foolin' around.

Re: 6000w/Perpetual Harvest/Full atmospheric Control/Detail Med-Grow Construction/Sup

6000 watts! You ain't foolin' around.
Thanks Bonehead, My patients means everything to me, and they need quality medication to function throughout the day and sleep through the night. 5000w in flower 1000w in Veg T5-VO for clones. Hopefully that'll do it for the girls, so they can do it for those in pain =p

Back
Top Bottom