6040-F2525 A1 COB: Legit or cheap knockoff?

Yeah, I will see if there is enough space for the 3 lady's - with a bit of training it should work ;)

Using biobizz soil and fertilizer. Also checking the ec and ph of the water...

The strain should not be taller than 80cm - that was one reason I choosed them, also because the strain is interesting for me :cool:

Well shit bro gud luck. And yea with training it shud work out pretty gud. What size pot u using? And is there a reason ur keeping them so short and low?

Well shit bro gud luck. And yea with training it shud work out pretty gud. What size pot u using? And is there a reason ur keeping them so short and low?

Shit? XD what's wrong? ^^

Pots are 9 Liter, from Airpot. The tent is only 160cm high, so with pots and lamp etc they can't be taller than maybe a meter, but that's it.

Thank u also :)

I'm very excited to see what will happen and I might make an own thread ^^

My first grow :p

Oh exiting times ahead for u my friend. :high-five:

I remember my first grow first under a desk light and then with a beat up HQL light, those old nasty 125W quicksilver streetlights that give of that cool white light. :slide:

You have it in you I can see that in your pictures. I think that light is going to surprise you.
Hope u post this grow here, let me know.
:thumb:

Oh exiting times ahead for u my friend. :high-five:

I remember my first grow first under a desk light and then with a beat up HQL light, those old nasty 125W quicksilver streetlights that give of that cool white light. :slide:

You have it in you I can see that in your pictures. I think that light is going to surprise you.
Hope u post this grow here, let me know.
:thumb:

Indeed, there is an exciting time ahead, the first one germinates today, I hope this night will also germinate the two others ^^

I think I will do a report xD

BTW, at first I want to do it watercooled.. But I need more tools to do this... Also it's a real pain to do it right.. With proper channels and flow system to cool all at one's.

My aluminum cooler is about 3,5kg... :D

Well dam bro seems like u got this. I cant wait to see what u pull off with this light build. Gud luck with the new seeds germing. Im actually starting two seeds tonite myself one will be in hydro one in docs hibrix kit both r gorilla glue#4 autos so will be very interesting to see how an auto does with the kit. And i cant wait to see what u can do this round bro namaste.

Indeed, there is an exciting time ahead, the first one germinates today, I hope this night will also germinate the two others ^^

I think I will do a report xD

BTW, at first I want to do it watercooled.. But I need more tools to do this... Also it's a real pain to do it right.. With proper channels and flow system to cool all at one's.

My aluminum cooler is about 3,5kg... :D

This sure sounds exiting, hope to see that plant some day then. :)

Water cooled? Hmm, u sure found the right guy here. Done one that's up and running right now. Adopted some stuff from an pc water cooling kit, and implemented a Peltier element to cool down the water coming from the cooling blocks which the lights are strapped on. This took me around 2 months to complete. :) You are welcome to check it out in my "lost in the fog" journal down in my signature. Go to the last pages direct until you see Poseidon. You are welcome to ask about stuff, I hope I can answer them. :) Just be sure what you are doing, mains and water is very nasty together. But by the looks of it you know what you are doing.

They tend to get heavy, big aluminum coolers. :)

This sure sounds exiting, hope to see that plant some day then. :)

Water cooled? Hmm, u sure found the right guy here. Done one that's up and running right now. Adopted some stuff from an pc water cooling kit, and implemented a Peltier element to cool down the water coming from the cooling blocks which the lights are strapped on. This took me around 2 months to complete. :) You are welcome to check it out in my "lost in the fog" journal down in my signature. Go to the last pages direct until you see Poseidon. You are welcome to ask about stuff, I hope I can answer them. :) Just be sure what you are doing, mains and water is very nasty together. But by the looks of it you know what you are doing.

They tend to get heavy, big aluminum coolers. :)

I saw ur project already, that's why I wrote this ^^

My PC is watercooled since I'm 15, so I also have enough stuff laying around - but a cooler whats in my mind, u don't get from stock... So I would need a cnc machine to build one... The aluminum wouldn't be that expensive at all and u also can cnc a channel for a sealing to protect from leaking...

But I'm afraid to over-engeneer it :rolleyes::slide:

And yeah, I'm some kind of IT - electrician so I know how to handle mains and stuff like this ;)

But maybe for further grows I will build something - u inspired me xD

I saw ur project already, that's why I wrote this ^^

My PC is watercooled since I'm 15, so I also have enough stuff laying around - but a cooler whats in my mind, u don't get from stock... So I would need a cnc machine to build one... The aluminum wouldn't be that expensive at all and u also can cnc a channel for a sealing to protect from leaking...

But I'm afraid to over-engeneer it :rolleyes::slide:

And yeah, I'm some kind of IT - electrician so I know how to handle mains and stuff like this ;)

But maybe for further grows I will build something - u inspired me xD

Ok then you got the basics on electrics and water. That stuff you got from your pc will well do for starters.

Try to keep it as basic as possible and don't over-engineer it. ;) If you don't got a cnc machine of your own I think you just could cross drill a piece of aluminum and plug the holes that's not in need for in and out.

Buying of the shelf stuff can be quite expensive. You also need a pump with good pressure, cause the hoses tend to get longer than with pc cooling. The idea is to try and move the heat outside of the tent/space you are growing in.

I believe you sit on the knowledge to get this thing on the road. But I'm very keen on seeing this light you already built performing in a grow. :)

Ok then you got the basics on electrics and water. That stuff you got from your pc will well do for starters.

Try to keep it as basic as possible and don't over-engineer it. ;) If you don't got a cnc machine of your own I think you just could cross drill a piece of aluminum and plug the holes that's not in need for in and out.

Buying of the shelf stuff can be quite expensive. You also need a pump with good pressure, cause the hoses tend to get longer than with pc cooling. The idea is to try and move the heat outside of the tent/space you are growing in.

I believe you sit on the knowledge to get this thing on the road. But I'm very keen on seeing this light you already built performing in a grow. :)

Hehe :D yeah, at first now this grow and then I will see! But I will stay on this, because it would also allow to set more COB's in the tent - because I think 1x 100w more and also the aluminum cooler will be to small to handle the heat.

Would have an old eheim pump, but has only 5W and 5l/h ^^

And btw, second seeds germinated this morning, now I have just 1 late lady xD

Attachments

• IMAG1654.jpg
    IMAG1654.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG1655.jpg
    IMAG1655.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 116
Hehe :D yeah, at first now this grow and then I will see! But I will stay on this, because it would also allow to set more COB's in the tent - because I think 1x 100w more and also the aluminum cooler will be to small to handle the heat.

Would have an old eheim pump, but has only 5W and 5l/h ^^

And btw, second seeds germinated this morning, now I have just 1 late lady xD

Of course. The more you can cool of the heat the more power it will allow before the heat is too much. One thing this doesn't help from is the photon heat, heat generated from the actual light radiation.

That pump has pretty weak performance. What you should look for in a pump is the Q - Flow, yours have 5L/min = 60*5 = 30L/h. The second thing to look at is the pressure it can hold with this flow. This is HmaxMeters 1,2m therefore it can push 5L/min or 30L/h, 1,2m up in the air. If you want to go higher you need a bigger pump. This problem is due to the construction of the pump itself. Those pumps are driven with magnets and not an axel from the motor.

The pump I got is an axel driven pump it pumps 900L/h at a pressure of 5,7m. If you want your water to flow through lots of components and "long" distances you need pressure. That pump was fairly cheap. Think I gave like 90euro for it.

Great with more seeds on the way! Now you need a journal! :)

Of course. The more you can cool of the heat the more power it will allow before the heat is too much. One thing this doesn't help from is the photon heat, heat generated from the actual light radiation.

That pump has pretty weak performance. What you should look for in a pump is the Q - Flow, yours have 5L/min = 60*5 = 30L/h. The second thing to look at is the pressure it can hold with this flow. This is HmaxMeters 1,2m therefore it can push 5L/min or 30L/h, 1,2m up in the air. If you want to go higher you need a bigger pump. This problem is due to the construction of the pump itself. Those pumps are driven with magnets and not an axel from the motor.

The pump I got is an axel driven pump it pumps 900L/h at a pressure of 5,7m. If you want your water to flow through lots of components and "long" distances you need pressure. That pump was fairly cheap. Think I gave like 90euro for it.

Great with more seeds on the way! Now you need a journal! :)

U made a mistake 60*5=300l/h;)

I know that the pump is quite low, but (!) in my opinion is 900l/h much much to high, because the water should not flow that fast, otherwise the radiator can't cool the water in a proper way - or u need a real big radiator!

The problem on my pump is really the pressure to pump it more than 1,2m in the air.

Edit: also those pumps are working forever because they have no parts which must be replaced for any reason

U made a mistake 60*5=300l/h;)

I know that the pump is quite low, but (!) in my opinion is 900l/h much much to high, because the water should not flow that fast, otherwise the radiator can't cool the water in a proper way - or u need a real big radiator!

The problem on my pump is really the pressure to pump it more than 1,2m in the air.

Edit: also those pumps are working forever because they have no parts which must be replaced for any reason

Haha, forgot a zero. :)

That's the problem with small pumps to find a balance between pressure and flow. These are different types of turbo pumps we are talking about. There are less flow/high pressure and that is membrane pumps, the problem with them is they are more noisy and more expensive. You can put a valve after the pump which you choke to a acceptable flow.

The flow rate is another reason why I put the Peltier there to lower the temps some more after the radiator. But you can get quite big radiators fairly cheap from China sites today. But I think I will go with another Peltier soon.

I really think you can get there if you want to. Go for it! :thumb:

Yeah, I also have laying around a 3x140mm Radiator - such a big thing ;) But u also can buy some cheap Radiator for PC-Watercooling - maybe the "Phobya Xtreme QUAD 480/560 V.2 Full Copper" should be fine enough for u, it costs ~80€

OR u go to the next scrapyard and get a radiator from any car - that should cost nearly nothing and has a really large surface ^^

I'm also a friend of building something - so u can save up some money and do what u think is right :cool:

But u'r right, I will tinker this in the winter :D

Attachments

• 35503.jpg
    35503.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, I also have laying around a 3x140mm Radiator - such a big thing ;) But u also can buy some cheap Radiator for PC-Watercooling - maybe the "Phobya Xtreme QUAD 480/560 V.2 Full Copper" should be fine enough for u, it costs ~80€

OR u go to the next scrapyard and get a radiator from any car - that should cost nearly nothing and has a really large surface ^^

I'm also a friend of building something - so u can save up some money and do what u think is right :cool:

But u'r right, I will tinker this in the winter :D

That's a decent radiator then. :)

I got hold of a dirtbike radiator but it was leaking in one end. I didn't even bother to try fixing it, it was rusted so soldering was out of the question. No meaning in trying even.

I got by now you are a tinkerer too. :D

The thing is to try having the cost down and it's hard when you often have to go buy some special tools or custom part... it often results in a lot of stuff that is good having around, in other words hording. :p

If an automotive radiator was being considered - and the money was present in the budget, of course - shopping around for the cheapest of the cheap new one would be better. At least in the Untied States, the percentage of vehicles which go through their entire lives with the same coolant that was put in at the factory (with only "top-ups" when absolutely necessary) is staggering. I noticed the same with people's automatic transmission fluid and filter. ("There's a filter in there?! Wait, you mean it's not supposed to smell like that?")

I know you are talking about a relatively small amount of heat, but might as well make sure that whatever heat-exchanger you end up going with is an efficient one. New products will also minimize the contaminates in your system.

They're not hugely popular, and never really were, but some people still use Fresca Sol brand products to set up water-cooled HID lights, and they might be producing more heat. Doing a search to find out how they cool things might give you some additional ideas (but you may already have a better one in mind, who is to say?). I've read of people using a large reservoir in an unheated space such as a basement and perhaps skipping any other means to cool their heat-transfer fluid other than allowing the reservoir to cool naturally during the "night" period. I suppose that would depend on the amount of heat the person is dumping into it and how much of that heat the fluid is able to lose during the lights-out time; if such a setup is not able to keep up with the heat being produced and/or if each new "day" begins with the coolant still holding some of the heat that was produced from the day before, then a more active solution would be required.

I have read of the above kind of thing being done with a swimming pool or even small pond as the reservoir. Probably not an option if the gardener lives in an apartment, though ;) .

I once spent some time wondering about the feasibility of setting up some kind of "holding tank" that went between the cold-water line and the person's residential water heater. Any heat that was added to its water would merely cause the water heater to have less work to do, lol, and some of the holding tank's contents would be removed - and replaced with cold water from the main or the person's well - here and there throughout the day. But I was using air-cooled reflectors at the time and the concept seemed a little... involved when I didn't need anything other than what I already had. And it (depending on the size of the holding tank, I suppose) would depend on the level of hot water use; if that amount was minimal then it would basically be back to the "just a large reservoir" thing.

Rambleramble...

If an automotive radiator was being considered - and the money was present in the budget, of course - shopping around for the cheapest of the cheap new one would be better. At least in the Untied States, the percentage of vehicles which go through their entire lives with the same coolant that was put in at the factory (with only "top-ups" when absolutely necessary) is staggering. I noticed the same with people's automatic transmission fluid and filter. ("There's a filter in there?! Wait, you mean it's not supposed to smell like that?")

I know you are talking about a relatively small amount of heat, but might as well make sure that whatever heat-exchanger you end up going with is an efficient one. New products will also minimize the contaminates in your system.

They're not hugely popular, and never really were, but some people still use Fresca Sol brand products to set up water-cooled HID lights, and they might be producing more heat. Doing a search to find out how they cool things might give you some additional ideas (but you may already have a better one in mind, who is to say?). I've read of people using a large reservoir in an unheated space such as a basement and perhaps skipping any other means to cool their heat-transfer fluid other than allowing the reservoir to cool naturally during the "night" period. I suppose that would depend on the amount of heat the person is dumping into it and how much of that heat the fluid is able to lose during the lights-out time; if such a setup is not able to keep up with the heat being produced and/or if each new "day" begins with the coolant still holding some of the heat that was produced from the day before, then a more active solution would be required.

I have read of the above kind of thing being done with a swimming pool or even small pond as the reservoir. Probably not an option if the gardener lives in an apartment, though ;) .

I once spent some time wondering about the feasibility of setting up some kind of "holding tank" that went between the cold-water line and the person's residential water heater. Any heat that was added to its water would merely cause the water heater to have less work to do, lol, and some of the holding tank's contents would be removed - and replaced with cold water from the main or the person's well - here and there throughout the day. But I was using air-cooled reflectors at the time and the concept seemed a little... involved when I didn't need anything other than what I already had. And it (depending on the size of the holding tank, I suppose) would depend on the level of hot water use; if that amount was minimal then it would basically be back to the "just a large reservoir" thing.

Rambleramble...

Great ideas :goodjob: I like it ^^ But the problem is, when u are just in an apartment it would be hard to do something like that, but if u have a house it would really be an option! :)

Back
Top Bottom