6040-F2525 A1 COB: Legit or cheap knockoff?

I don't think he'll mind; he hasn't logged in since Valentine's Day :rolleyes: .

Might you have any close-up trichome shots?

Yeah I saw this to, I guess this is a come and go forum for a lot of the members. I have been here in and out a couple of times before, but now i feel home here. I have gotten to know a few of you guys this time and it's fun to have people to share this light shaded hobby with. Where I come from you have to chose carefully who you share this kind of hobby with. I have a friend at my work I can talk to about it but he doesn't even use it any more. And then you got the ones that would die to get to know you just to get a hold of it... So sad. So this forum is perfect!

About the tricoms you are wanting to see... I got a lupe(?) witch i can try taking a photo with in the weekend. I usually go on if 80% of the pistils are brown but it just kept growing and i had to make room for more. :ganjamon:

Think it hade been for over 80+ days now and bulk seed bank hade 70 days on it to harvest.

I'm mainly wondering if most of them made it to the "cloudy" (maximum potency) stage.

I've just weighed the no 1 cheese and the take on that was 60g, will probably loose some more but hung for one week and been curing for 1 week to.

This looks promising for No 2.

Got some strange results for... Both plants came in with 60g so 120g total. The harvest from No 2 is double in volume but the same weight as No 1. Never seen this phenomenon.

If I had done this grow with 6 or 8 plants which I got room for in the tent the total amount would have been higher but it seems like per plant it stays round 60g. So absolutely plausible to use these cheap leds for growing, but they are far as effective as hid lights. Before i switched from my 400 hps i was averaging around 100g per plant with the same soil, nutes and volume. Downside with the hid is the light was mainly focused in the middle of the tent. With the leds the light is more even distributed over the area.

This concludes the test. Thank you for participating!

This concludes the test. Thank you for participating!

Thank YOU for performing the test!

Thanks. The yield was more than a little disappointing. At least we now know these COBs don't give the results we want.

...or that, if treated like HPS lighting, they give sub-optimum results.

Before i switched from my 400 hps i was averaging around 100g per plant with the same soil, nutes and volume. Downside with the hid is the light was mainly focused in the middle of the tent. With the leds the light is more even distributed over the area.

Perhaps your LED setup would perform much better, compared to your HPS, if you were running a true SCROG setup or a short, densely-planted SOG? Assuming that, in addition to "spreading its light around," it also has less penetrative ability than the HPS. I know your HPS is of a moderate wattage instead of a 1kW or even a 600-watt one - but maybe these COBs are the M-H of the DiY world, lol? (Focusing on being "Cheap and Cheerful," rather than at competing head-to-head against the premium end of the scale...)

I don't know how this strain of cheese yield under other circumstances for this is the first time I grow it but it sure gives a pointer....

Oh, wait... Those aren't of the same strain/phenotypes that you were able to get 200 grams from two plants under the 400-watt HPS with? Oops....

Thank YOU for performing the test!

...or that, if treated like HPS lighting, they give sub-optimum results.

Perhaps your LED setup would perform much better, compared to your HPS, if you were running a true SCROG setup or a short, densely-planted SOG? Assuming that, in addition to "spreading its light around," it also has less penetrative ability than the HPS. I know your HPS is of a moderate wattage instead of a 1kW or even a 600-watt one - but maybe these COBs are the M-H of the DiY world, lol? (Focusing on being "Cheap and Cheerful," rather than at competing head-to-head against the premium end of the scale...)

Oh, wait... Those aren't of the same strain/phenotypes that you were able to get 200 grams from two plants under the 400-watt HPS with? Oops....

Of course, I know. I didn't expect the plants to thrive under these lights as they seem to have done. So I'm fairly satisfied with the results. There maybe situations they come in handy. Like lighting up corners and such.

I had fun building the rig and growing with it. And now people can find this grow and se what kind of results they can expect.

:thumb:

Ok this is the final picture upload of the last plant alive. Chopped it today. It's got substantial more weight than the first one so its going to be fun to weigh it up. The first one is curing right now and i think I am able to weigh it up this weekend. I am very surprised with the results so far from these leds. Both plants have baked directly under aprox 200W each of these blurpy leds. So final weigh to come. Will be moving on to building up my new light rack under grow journals. Hope you JGibs420 had no bad feelings to me taking over this thread!

Hey bro jus lookn threw some older journals an man those girls look gud bro congrats. Was wondering if it was an auto or photo?

Ever tried it to take some lenses, or order the COB's in a different way around the plants? Also might be good 1-2 warm white COB's in addition to the others? Maybe also some deep red leds to cover the hole spectrum.

This grow was set to test if it was possible to grow with just that cob. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, you got so much heat to handle it becomes almost impossible to grow without having a fan blowing directly at the cobs. This is due to the onboard drivers. The more lights and spectrum you combine the more you get out of it of course. I think the cobs are an outdated segment now. The new frontline in led grows is the mid power diodes they are much easier to combine with different spectrum's and waaaay cheaper.

Hey bro jus lookn threw some older journals an man those girls look gud bro congrats. Was wondering if it was an auto or photo?

Yeah looking back at it myself from time to time and get impressed with the results. This was just autos in this grow. They were grown in light cycles of 12h, the heat made it impossible to have longer light time. With longer periods of light I'm sure it would have been possible to get bigger yields.

This grow was set to test if it was possible to grow with just that cob. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, you got so much heat to handle it becomes almost impossible to grow without having a fan blowing directly at the cobs. This is due to the onboard drivers. The more lights and spectrum you combine the more you get out of it of course. I think the cobs are an outdated segment now. The new frontline in led grows is the mid power diodes they are much easier to combine with different spectrum's and waaaay cheaper.

Yeah looking back at it myself from time to time and get impressed with the results. This was just autos in this grow. They were grown in light cycles of 12h, the heat made it impossible to have longer light time. With longer periods of light I'm sure it would have been possible to get bigger yields.

Yea they look gud bro. I wish i knew mre bout electricity n lights an everything i so wana getthe kit for my own quantum board setup but for nw ill settle with my older mars gear an 2 dwarf stars from perfect sun n my growant g500 led.

Im currently making my own auto seeds. An makn my own auto strain of pineapple express auto x with c4 auto. An then tangie'matic auto x pineapple Express auto. So shud be some fun ehh lol.

Yea they look gud bro. I wish i knew mre bout electricity n lights an everything i so wana getthe kit for my own quantum board setup but for nw ill settle with my older mars gear an 2 dwarf stars from perfect sun n my growant g500 led.

Im currently making my own auto seeds. An makn my own auto strain of pineapple express auto x with c4 auto. An then tangie'matic auto x pineapple Express auto. So shud be some fun ehh lol.

We all have our specialties. I never made my own seeds. :)

I think you are able to put together a Qb kit. If you can strip a cable u definitely can get them running, I bet they even come with the cables pre- striped. This last project I made took me well over two months to complete and u spend money here and there that soon adds up to what a finished product would cost. But It's a lot of fun to do stuff on your own, you know that with your seed project.

We all have our specialties. I never made my own seeds. :)

I think you are able to put together a Qb kit. If you can strip a cable u definitely can get them running, I bet they even come with the cables pre- striped. This last project I made took me well over two months to complete and u spend money here and there that soon adds up to what a finished product would cost. But It's a lot of fun to do stuff on your own, you know that with your seed project.

Oh yeah i was jus sayn this the other day lol. I hate havn grower problems but i wudnt change it for the world. I know love growing these beautiful plants lol. I like doing everything i can with these things from training to new ways to grow to makn my own strain yea its alot of fun lol. An now working with autos i really see the appeal they have for people who want buds quicker at a slight cost to quantity.

Finally I also builded my own LED lamp.. Including 1x 100W warmwhite, 1x 100W coldwhite and 2x 20W red/blue.

Red and blue can be switched on with a switch for flowering.

I also can change the 2x 20W to 2x 50W and also can set one more COB in the mid,I prepared the holes in terms of I want to upgrade it.

The temp is not a hugh problem, but it need to be cooled. In a test run I let the lamp on for over 48h without any issues and temp problems.. My prima klima tc is on 15-20% duty and just went up to 100% if the temp is over 27°C in the tent and that happend only if the room is to warm... So it's fine

Tent is 50x90x160cm...

Attachments

• IMAG1596.jpg
    IMAG1596.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG1595.jpg
    IMAG1595.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAG1597.jpg
    IMAG1597.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG1644.jpg
    IMAG1644.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 224
Finally I also builded my own LED lamp.. Including 1x 100W warmwhite, 1x 100W coldwhite and 2x 20W red/blue.

Red and blue can be switched on with a switch for flowering.

I also can change the 2x 20W to 2x 50W and also can set one more COB in the mid,I prepared the holes in terms of I want to upgrade it.

The temp is not a hugh problem, but it need to be cooled. In a test run I let the lamp on for over 48h without any issues and temp problems.. My prima klima tc is on 15-20% duty and just went up to 100% if the temp is over 27°C in the tent and that happend only if the room is to warm... So it's fine

Tent is 50x90x160cm...

Nice lookn setup bro. What are the strains u running with it? Also bout how much did it cost to make tht light?

Strain is Crimea Blue from Barney's - I just will grow 3 lady's in 9l Airpots. Hope it's enough space for them.

The lamp itself cost me ~50-60€ - these COB's are so fucking cheap ^^

Nice i got some barneys gear as well. Im actually running one of the cbd strains right now the cbd critical cure. And its in a dwc bucket in flower rite nw an man she really stackn up nicely. Im pretty impressed with barneys genetics. Everytime i get from them i end up havn good luck atleast as far as i can remember lmao. But yea bro tht setup is sweet lookn about how many plants can u fit under it? Im guessing one to two. And what type of nutes do u use or are those done with docs hibrix kit?

Back
Top Bottom