A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Not sure myself why the change in treatment - though I didn't have the full debulking surgery (protocol here is that if they can't remove it all, they don't remove any) they DID remove the ovaries, partly because I complained at length about the psychological impact of the non-removal of something which chemo could never cure, but also to do a biopsy. The biopsy showed that the original chemo either wasn't working or wasn't working sufficiently; the oncologist in charge of chemo feels it is, but needed this adjustment. Weekly is apparently the "gold standard treatment" for someone in my situation. It is only carboplatin they have dropped; maybe that was the bit that wasn't pulling its weight. I haven't had a second CA-125 result yet to see whether chemo is actually doing any good or not, and as my general overall health is now actually very good - no pain, no major obvious chemo side-effects, I can't really tell from how I feel physically - I feel just fine! In some ways it is quite hard to believe I'm ill, as I feel SO much better than I did before my diagnosis when ascites from the undiagnosed cancer was quite literally killing me and shutting down my body functions.

Mine is stage III -something-or-other high grade serous carcinoma; begins on the fallopian tubes, genetically unstable; quite common, not a brilliant prognosis. Until now.:thumb:

I am really glad to hear of your ongoing and increasing success. I am pleased for you and it gives me hope also.

I take it its Indica for the bedtime THC because Sativa would have me bouncing off the ceiling? After last night's sativa-based CBD I can go some way towards visualising that...

I have looked up the Maria Gordon site as you recommended and will revisit for firm advice after I know where I stand with this chemo - as that will be the base level for the next treatment. Meanwhile I am working on the THC aspect.

You know, this time last year, more ill than I knew, feeling bloated and lethargic, I would never have foreseen where this year finds me, or guessed that, being diagnosed with a serious disease I could suddenly find myself surrounded by friends and in a better place in terms of self determination, hope, future.

Thanks again, everyone.

what was the last ca125 result? and why didn't you do the second ca125 test?

after all the info you gave I would propose to contact Mara Gordon Team and give them your medical history and let them give you the dosage and treatment for you. IMO you should not lose precious time

:circle-of-love:

My CA-125 results are not too bad - originally (June, July pre-chemo) very nearly 4000, but down to 159 in early October, two weeks after investigative surgery; up to 220 (?) at restart of chemo, 2 weeks ago. They were was not taken the following week; not sure whether this was an oversight (since I did have bloods) or more likely, weekly is considered too soon for results to show. I will find out in four days time, anyhow!

I think a visit to Maria Gordon would be wasted at this stage as I could not immediately action any plan suggested; I am just using what I have / can access / afford to get the best result possible from the ongoing chemo, in the hope that I can then have surgery.

Whatever the outcome, conventional treatment should buy me sufficient time to regroup, stock-pile, source THC by whatever means and do this properly in 2 or 3 months time; in March, say. I would (I think) not expect any further chemo before then, unless this course really isn't working; I would just be monitored, and we have no supportive cannabis protocol in this country, so just a waiting game, really. I wouldn't be taking any great risk by waiting. Therefore it would make sense to ask advice on dosage when I really know what is happening on the conventional medicine front.

My CA-125 results are not too bad - originally (June, July pre-chemo) very nearly 4000, but down to 159 in early October, two weeks after investigative surgery; up to 220 (?) at restart of chemo, 2 weeks ago. They were was not taken the following week; not sure whether this was an oversight (since I did have bloods) or more likely, weekly is considered too soon for results to show. I will find out in four days time, anyhow!

I think a visit to Maria Gordon would be wasted at this stage as I could not immediately action any plan suggested; I am just using what I have / can access / afford to get the best result possible from the ongoing chemo, in the hope that I can then have surgery.

Whatever the outcome, conventional treatment should buy me sufficient time to regroup, stock-pile, source THC by whatever means and do this properly in 2 or 3 months time; in March, say. I would (I think) not expect any further chemo before then, unless this course really isn't working; I would just be monitored, and we have no supportive cannabis protocol in this country, so just a waiting game, really. I wouldn't be taking any great risk by waiting. Therefore it would make sense to ask advice on dosage when I really know what is happening on the conventional medicine front.

As far as sourcing THC.... in the USA high school students have some of the best access to non-legal cannabis, including concentrates, shatter, hash. I'm not saying go to a high school, but possibly approach skaters in a park - maybe with a trusted friend or a trusted teen friend.

As far as sourcing THC.... in the USA high school students have some of the best access to non-legal cannabis, including concentrates, shatter, hash. I'm not saying go to a high school, but possibly approach skaters in a park - maybe with a trusted friend or a trusted teen friend.

I agree with Radogast. my husband bought for a given time the strains on the non legal market. he was not afraid and said if we don't get the cure legal I go out and buy it the illegal way. we even considered to go to california and get Mara Gordon's treatment there. for this one needs to be a believer in the Cannabis Oil cure and needs some money to get it. if one believes in it he will do all to get the cure.

Mara Gordon is never a waste of time IMO, she could tell you what to do/take if you have only the option to get CBD

it is your or anyones decision how to handle this fight against a monster. I don't know your age but I am 60 + and to be frank I would not be where I am today without my husband who pushed me and did all that I get the cannabis Oil I need

my CA125 started with 300+ and today it is in the norm of 11.1 for quite a long time

wish you strength and all you need to win this fight

edit
just thought I will add this story
I saw an interview with Mara Gordon saying that she is always are asking the people what is the aim of a cannabis oil treatment? to reduce the side effects of a chemo or to cure? interesting that many people are saying they want to suffer less and reduce the side effects. Mara Gordon said that she will never try to convince those people to go for the cure. every cancer patient needs to decide what he wants to go for

Nixie, I'd be contacting Mara and her crew now. In my opinion there's not another team on the planet with the vision and experience of Mara and her dedicated team. They have experience in treating cancer with cannabinoid therapies and Mara is a major data geek who created an incredible bank of patient data to guide them.

And may I suggest, the goal of any treatment is to bring relief, not a cure. Any relief you can offer the stressed system will allow for clearer signaling of the ECS. Cannabinoid therapies don't simply signal on their own, they bolster the action of the patient's ECS, creating the endocannabiinoid tone that encourages healing.

Thinking "I have to find a cure" creates stress you don't need. Your cells know how to heal. They simply need your acceptance that they can heal and the reserve troops we offer with the therapy. I know it sounds a bit ludicrous, but play mode is the best healing mode IMO. No stress when you're laughing. :laughtwo:

Be certain to be in contact with Mara's crew well in advance if the next chemo round. Their advice will help you weather the treatment much better.

Hi!
Over the last 3 weeks I've been lurking in the shadows and READING! I've have now read through this thread and followed it's many useful links and watched the YouTube links too. I'm also in the process of understanding the FHO methods and keeping up to date with Sweet Sue's study hall.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to all that have contributed so far to this mammoth thread, it is amazing to have so much incredible shared knowledge in one place, I owe you all big time!
I would also like to thank Sweet Sue for doing such an awesome job, keeping progress rolling forward and keeping everyone motivated and managing the mighty mind power that is present here.

I have joined the forum as I am looking to make some real kick ass (pun intended) CCO suppositories for my uncle who has cancer. He has had 4 rounds of cemo and is now in need of something that'll actually shrink his tumors and not harm him quiet so much!!

I am looking forward to making a few bits of kit along the way to help with production of oil and also the suppositories, my plan is to post up everything I make and hopefully produce it in a way that other people will be able to use or adapt for their own requirements.

First off, I have a few questions:

1. I know the terps are incredibly important and want to make sure as many get into the final product as possible but I'm unsure on a few things.....
Are they dissolved in alcohol like the rest of the cannabinoids are?
Whats the best way to evaporate off the alcohol to keep the terps?
Are terps soluble in oil (olive, coconut, cocoa butter) and will they remain 'trapped' in the oil if the temp is raised to decarb?

Thank you all so much in advance, I'm sure there will be many more questions in future and I hope to be able to repay all of you with some of my own answers, tricks and techniques some time soon.

PP

Hi!
Over the last 3 weeks I've been lurking in the shadows and READING! I've have now read through this thread and followed it's many useful links and watched the YouTube links too. I'm also in the process of understanding the FHO methods and keeping up to date with Sweet Sue's study hall.

I'd like to say a massive thank you to all that have contributed so far to this mammoth thread, it is amazing to have so much incredible shared knowledge in one place, I owe you all big time!
I would also like to thank Sweet Sue for doing such an awesome job, keeping progress rolling forward and keeping everyone motivated and managing the mighty mind power that is present here.

I have joined the forum as I am looking to make some real kick ass (pun intended) CCO suppositories for my uncle who has cancer. He has had 4 rounds of cemo and is now in need of something that'll actually shrink his tumors and not harm him quiet so much!!

I am looking forward to making a few bits of kit along the way to help with production of oil and also the suppositories, my plan is to post up everything I make and hopefully produce it in a way that other people will be able to use or adapt for their own requirements.

First off, I have a few questions:

1. I know the terps are incredibly important and want to make sure as many get into the final product as possible but I'm unsure on a few things.....
Are they dissolved in alcohol like the rest of the cannabinoids are?
Whats the best way to evaporate off the alcohol to keep the terps?
Are terps soluble in in olive oil (will the remain 'trapped' in the oil if the temp is raised to decarb?

Thank you all so much in advance, I'm sure there will be many more questions in future and I hope to be able to repay all of you with some of my own answers, tricks and techniques some time soon.

PP

Well.... Impressed I am PP. :hug: That's a lot of reading. :laughtwo:

I have to tell you, every time a new cannabis warrior steps out of the shadows I trill to my core and think "Rob's plan is working." :cheesygrinsmiley: Rob, by the way, is our fearless leader, the owner of this marvelous site.

Let me direct you to the band of brainiacs working through the concepts of keeping terpenes intact. Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

They're working with infused oils and testing at various stages along the way. I haven't had the time to watch them too closely with all my other distractions, but they're busily playing with data and coming closer and closer to understanding the bonding processes of oils, terpenes and cannabinoids.

Yes, terpenes are dissolved in the alcohol too. You can preserve terpenes in CCO if you don't decarb with heat. Decarboxylation is a function of time and temp. One can naturally decarb concentrated oils by letting them take a few months to do that naturally. To do so you begin by letting the alcohol simply evaporate and then store the CCO in syringes or vials until the time to use them arrives.

THCa, in particular, is a very unstable molecule, aggressively converting to THC.

We believe the olive oil is the best solvent for infused oils because it'll hold the greatest concentration of components found in the essential oils of the plants. And yes, the terpenes are actually part of the essential oils of the cannabis plant. Terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids, the playmates of our little healing game, all come packaged together in a good infused oil, which also contains the chlorophyll, the hemoglobin of the plant, and a valuable nutrient stripped from a properly made CCO.

You can tell I'm partial to the infused oils. There's a place for each approach.

I like your uncle's chances. Good to have someone with your drive join the team. I look forward to getting to know you better. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Well.... Impressed I am PP. :hug: That's a lot of reading. :laughtwo:

I have to tell you, every time a new cannabis warrior steps out of the shadows I trill to my core and think "Rob's plan is working." :cheesygrinsmiley: Rob, by the way, is our fearless leader, the owner of this marvelous site.

Let me direct you to the band of brainiacs working through the concepts of keeping terpenes intact. Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

They're working with infused oils and testing at various stages along the way. I haven't had the time to watch them too closely with all my other distractions, but they're busily playing with data and coming closer and closer to understanding the bonding processes of oils, terpenes and cannabinoids.

Yes, terpenes are dissolved in the alcohol too. You can preserve terpenes in CCO if you don't decarb with heat. Decarboxylation is a function of time and temp. One can naturally decarb concentrated oils by letting them take a few months to do that naturally. To do so you begin by letting the alcohol simply evaporate and then store the CCO in syringes or vials until the time to use them arrives.

THCa, in particular, is a very unstable molecule, aggressively converting to THC.

We believe the olive oil is the best solvent for infused oils because it'll hold the greatest concentration of components found in the essential oils of the plants. And yes, the terpenes are actually part of the essential oils of the cannabis plant. Terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids, the playmates of our little healing game, all come packaged together in a good infused oil, which also contains the chlorophyll, the hemoglobin of the plant, and a valuable nutrient stripped from a properly made CCO.

You can tell I'm partial to the infused oils. There's a place for each approach.

I like your uncle's chances. Good to have someone with your drive join the team. I look forward to getting to know you better. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thank you! Yes, lots of reading, not my strongest skill by any means but it's amazing how cups of tea and some OG Kush can make make page after page of knowledge pour into my eager brain.....

Looks like be heading over to the 'Holy Grail' thread for a catch up and to see whats best regarding the evaporation process and decarbing of the oil.

More Questions
Any idea how long I'd be looking at to evaporate off a litre or so of alcohol at around room temp?
Im currently looking to remove all the active ingredients from dried cannabis with alcohol at -20 degrees C to hopefully leave behind as much of the unnecessary stuff as possible, do you think I'll miss out on any good stuff with that low temp? Is it worth doing a second wash with cool alcohol?

It seems to happen in under 30 mins with heat applied but it hurts me to think of all those awesome terps floating off into the atmosphere. There are some many powerful ingredients in cannabis, I hate the thought of letting any get away if it can be avoided.....
The synergy that is created with multiple active compounds is very interesting and I want as big a party as possible when it comes to making the CCO.

Im looking to make olive oil a component part of the carrier oil, as you mentioned it seems to have a brilliant ability to grab cannabinoids and also resist separation when cooled. Cocoa butter will make up the majority of the carrier as I need a more solid oil as the suppositories will be the mold type and not in capsules that will be kept in the fridge.

Thank You Sue :thanks:

PP

Thank you! Yes, lots of reading, not my strongest skill by any means but it's amazing how cups of tea and some OG Kush can make make page after page of knowledge pour into my eager brain.....

Looks like be heading over to the 'Holy Grail' thread for a catch up and to see whats best regarding the evaporation process and decarbing of the oil.

More Questions
Any idea how long I'd be looking at to evaporate off a litre or so of alcohol at around room temp?
Im currently looking to remove all the active ingredients from dried cannabis with alcohol at -20 degrees C to hopefully leave behind as much of the unnecessary stuff as possible, do you think I'll miss out on any good stuff with that low temp? Is it worth doing a second wash with cool alcohol?

It seems to happen in under 30 mins with heat applied but it hurts me to think of all those awesome terps floating off into the atmosphere. There are some many powerful ingredients in cannabis, I hate the thought of letting any get away if it can be avoided.....
The synergy that is created with multiple active compounds is very interesting and I want as big a party as possible when it comes to making the CCO.

Im looking to make olive oil a component part of the carrier oil, as you mentioned it seems to have a brilliant ability to grab cannabinoids and also resist separation when cooled. Cocoa butter will make up the majority of the carrier as I need a more solid oil as the suppositories will be the mold type and not in capsules that will be kept in the fridge.

Thank You Sue :thanks:

PP

You won't need coconut oil for suppositiries, unless your uncle is treating liver cancer. The size 00 capsules make excellent suppositories. They're easier to transport too. Infused oils can be used as suppositories as well, using capsules.

I've no experience at evaporation rates of the alcohol, but it happens fairly quickly. Cover the evaporation trays to keep out dust and bugs and let nature take its course.

Doing a cold wash extraction in those temperatures should pull the majority of the components off in the first wash. Cajun and Tim once tested the three washes individually and determined that for the purposes of making CCO it made no sense to not combine them all together. Do as many washes as you feel comfortable with. You'll be purging the solvent anyway.

The best way to get complete purging is with a vacuum oven, a toy I haven't had the pleasure of meeting......yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, I have sent off the requests for membership and consultation to Aunt Zelda's and will see what happens.

Meanwhile I am practising extracting oils... may as well get the method right, even if I haven't got the material yet - so tonight it is ginger infused extra virgin olive oil...

Stayalive, your husband sounds like a real life hero.

cancer Type: Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma Stage ll (diagnosed July 2017)

Hello everyone

I finally have the math down. After so many attempts I feel I have the numbers under control. Tomorrow will be my first attempt to BioBombs. Will follow 5:1 ratio . Side note I had her on about 1200mg a day of total cannabinoids will be dropping to 750mg/ day.

As for my mom, she had her first cycle of chemo. Side effects are not as bad as we thought it would be thanks to the CCO. She did have constipation and went back to the doctor and was prescribe a laxative( she is taking her probiotics and Acai fiber since day 1 of chemo). She is good now. Five more cycles to go. I was told the second or third cycle is when the side effects will be more apparent. Will keep you posted.

I now have time to look into growing our own plant and making oil. Its becoming very expensive buying the oils .

Now this is new territory for me. So please I very much need all your guidance. I just need to be pointed to the right direction.
where to buy? what to buy? how to plant? how to harvest? and how to make the oil. Im sure there is a thread will be looking for it.

Thank you everyone, would not do it with out you!

CCSC

Well, I have sent off the requests for membership and consultation to Aunt Zelda's and will see what happens.

Meanwhile I am practising extracting oils... may as well get the method right, even if I haven't got the material yet - so tonight it is ginger infused extra virgin olive oil...

I like your initiative. :high-five: You'll quickly learn how easy it is to make an herbal medication. That'll do much to relieve any anxiety going forward.

Hello everyone

I finally have the math down. After so many attempts I feel I have the numbers under control. Tomorrow will be my first attempt to BioBombs. Will follow 5:1 ratio . Side note I had her on about 1200mg a day of total cannabinoids will be dropping to 750mg/ day.

As for my mom, she had her first cycle of chemo. Side effects are not as bad as we thought it would be thanks to the CCO. She did have constipation and went back to the doctor and was prescribe a laxative( she is taking her probiotics and Acai fiber since day 1 of chemo). She is good now. Five more cycles to go. I was told the second or third cycle is when the side effects will be more apparent. Will keep you posted.

I now have time to look into growing our own plant and making oil. Its becoming very expensive buying the oils .

Now this is new territory for me. So please I very much need all your guidance. I just need to be pointed to the right direction.
where to buy? what to buy? how to plant? how to harvest? and how to make the oil. Im sure there is a thread will be looking for it.

CCSC

Good to hear CCSC. Let's anticipate that the protective steps you're taking will help her get through the chemo with minimal discomfort and maximum relief.

This site exists to help each other grow cannabis and get to a successful harvest. We live and breathe cultivation. The choice of growing method and medium is a personal thing, dependant on your available space and personal experience with any growing.

I'd suggest you check out the current Journals In Progress, found in the Grow Journals section of the Grow Room menu at the top of every page. Check out some of the 5 star journals and see what catches your interest. As for chemovar choices and where to buy, we can give that some thought and make recommendations. There are many, many options.

I'll let you know right here that lights will be the determining factor in how much yield you'll get from a grow, so whatever you do, try not to cheap out on lighting. Costs of just about everything else can be controlled to free up more money for lighting. You'll be growing the plant for its essential oils. The more quality light you can treat the plant to the better quality and quantity of produce you'll have in the end, and the more oil you'll be able to produce.

Light is the engine that drives the grow.

Give me a couple days to get a list of recommended chemovars for you. We have a nice list of seed banks that're sponsors of the site, so where to buy shouldn't be much of a concern.

It'll all work out. Things always work out. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hello everyone

CCSC

regarding constipation and/or lose stool please check Psyllium Husk out. it works against constipation and lose stool same time. I use it till today

very good move regarding Mara Gordon. you will see this will be very helpful for you :thumb:

we bought this equipment and my husband is doing the oil. even I learned it now and did one extraction. it is quite easy and not messy
Cannolator cannabis extractor Complete - making cannabis oil | Dutch Headshop

yes if not my husband I wouldn't be where I am today

You won't need coconut oil for suppositiries, unless your uncle is treating liver cancer. The size 00 capsules make excellent suppositories. They're easier to transport too. Infused oils can be used as suppositories as well, using capsules.

I've no experience at evaporation rates of the alcohol, but it happens fairly quickly. Cover the evaporation trays to keep out dust and bugs and let nature take its course.

Doing a cold wash extraction in those temperatures should pull the majority of the components off in the first wash. Cajun and Tim once tested the three washes individually and determined that for the purposes of making CCO it made no sense to not combine them all together. Do as many washes as you feel comfortable with. You'll be purging the solvent anyway.

The best way to get complete purging is with a vacuum oven, a toy I haven't had the pleasure of meeting......yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thats great and it looks like I have even more reading to do! I've had a skim through the 'Holy Grail' and it looks like blending up the alcohol and the cannabis seems to work the best at the moment, I do need to read more in depth though.
Im happy with a single wash tbh. When I did this in the past there was so little to take from further washing (at this level of production) it felt like a waste of time.

The suppositories we plan to make are the cast type, made in an aluminium mold so the oil needs to be solid when chilled and melt at body temp, that is why the bulk of the carrier will be cocoa butter along with a little EVOO and some LSL too.

Thats great and it looks like I have even more reading to do! I've had a skim through the 'Holy Grail' and it looks like blending up the alcohol and the cannabis seems to work the best at the moment, I do need to read more in depth though.
Im happy with a single wash tbh. When I did this in the past there was so little to take from further washing (at this level of production) it felt like a waste of time.

The suppositories we plan to make are the cast type, made in an aluminium mold so the oil needs to be solid when chilled and melt at body temp, that is why the bulk of the carrier will be cocoa butter along with a little EVOO and some LSL too.

Have you tried them with the EVOO added in yet? I'd think adding it to the cocoa butter would mess with the solidity you need. I'm curious as to what volumes you're using if you've found a way to make this work.

Have you tried them with the EVOO added in yet? I'd think adding it to the cocoa butter would mess with the solidity you need. I'm curious as to what volumes you're using if you've found a way to make this work.

Hi Sue,
Yes, I've been experimenting with many different carrier oils and have found that as long as the cocoa butter remains around 65-70% of the total carrier then other liquid oils can be added without a problem. The test I did was to make sure the combined oils would set and be firm at room temp, that way when they are the fridge they will definitely be solid and work well as a cast suppository. We know that CCO is pretty solid at room temp so all my testing has been done with the carrier oils alone, slowly adding more liquid oil (EVOO etc) to solid (cocoa butter/paste) to see how much can be added before for the oil does not set firm after cooling to 16 degrees C.
The process involves gently melting the cocoa butter to a liquid then adding in a measured and recorded amount of liquid oil/s and stirring until well combined. They are then left to set in the fridge and once set taken out of the fridge for a few hours to see how they fair sat at room temp.

Main carrier is cocoa butter and needs to total around 65%, in testing I have also tried adding added: olive oil, essential oils, neem oil, vitamin E plus a host of others.
Not necessarily to directly treat cancer but I feel their presents helps to boost the overall power of the medication as they will bring powerful antioxidants, flavones, polyphenols, anthocyanins and other good things to the party.

My plan is to make my own version of the famous Bio Bombs but I will be adding other cancer fighters along side the CCO.
For instance, Neem oil will also be included in the total volume of carrier oil as it is an absolute power house of epic proportions and I think it'll work fantastically well (and synergistically) when teamed up with all the cannabinoids, terps...... etc.

I also think there's lots of room in the carrier oils for further added micro nutrients, dissolved or suspended in the actual carrier oil, this will be the basis of my own thread I'll start soon when I've finished reading some more.

Hopefully this makes sense, I cant type anywhere near as fast as I can think!!

Cheers.

I saw this the other day and thought it was very interesting and relevant to the subject we are discussing right now. I found it fascinating and have watched it a few times now.

[video=youtube;Qd5rAVHT6Vw]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom