A Bit Lost Still

McCdive

Hi all, I'm Andy and iy's been 8 months since I took my last drink! :cheer: I just fired up my first LED light and first ever hydo grow. Nobody I know personally grows this way so I'm on my own. I have questions that I can't find answers to in the help sections I've found and I can't locate the people I have met to ask them. Are there chat rooms or ims or search engins to find particular members here?

Well, that's me. Lost Andy. Nice to meet you.

:welcome: Andy! I'll bet you're not as lost as you may think! :) I had 5 years without a drink last June man!! It's easy now but I will say this... 8 MONTHS is a BIG DEAL! :) Congrats on that. As far as I know, there are no chat rooms associated with this site but I don't think you're going to need one. There are tons of people here growing hydro and using LED lights. There are some links below in my signature that may be helpful and if you post your questions at this link, I'm certain you will get answers: Frequently Asked Questions (I hope the link works) :)
I also hope I've been of some help. Please don't hesitate to ask your questions... the frequently asked questions is the proper place to do that. Good Luck and again... welcome! :peace:

Thankyou Subnoise and Beated. :) I found it the easiest thing to do, quitting. Now I just need to repair the damage I've done to myself! Lol. Thanks. ;-)

Well 6 days into my first Hydro grow and I have already made my first mistake. It seems that the plastic that the rockwool in my trough came in should have been heavily pierced before putting the squares with my clones in it. It seems my poor little girls have been slowly drowning for 6 days. Not ONE word anywhere about that step. not in the instructions, not by my local hydo supplier who helped me. I sure hope they bounce back. Curled up leaves and yellowing and brown spots. I must say I'm disappointed in myself for not asking more questions! Damn.

Andy.

Well....... I've tried it strait and I've tried it through Bong Eyes, and I still can't make heads or tails on how to navigate this site. I posted my first ever pics on a reply to someone and I have no idea how to get back to that message or thread. That 8 months is getting harder and harder, Colesdad !! Kidding Kidding Kidding!!! lol, but I can't seem to find my own page / profile without trying to find and old post I made.... I feel like an idiot.
Think I'll post a couple pics.... Just because I need the practice! Next step is learning how to do that from my cell phone.
20141205_205030.jpg
20141205_205331.jpg

I added a 6500k blue CFL also. And just for shits and giggles, I put an aquarium pump and bubblers in the sump. Figured it can't hurt, right? The temps now are around 80f - 82f and humidity stays around 60% with the door closed up.

Well That's it for me. Don't know when I'll get back to see this... lol Sad, really.

Couple things on navigating the site. Going to the forums, any thread or just the page showing all the forums, the top of the page, below the big "420 magazine" header is a button "user cp". If you are logged on, that button tales you to your information
2014-12-06_22_29_40.jpg

I came back to your thread just a few minutes ago because something new was posted. I knew this because I get an email every time there is a new post to ANY thread I have made a comment in. Which can get overwhelming with so many emails, but you can stop receiving emails on that thread by following a link in the body of that email. Here is what it looks like on my phone
2014-12-06_22_28_23.jpg

If you see a grow you like, just make a comment and you get notified when something new happens. Hope this helps.

I'm not a hydro guy, but, having your resv exposed like that will promote algae growth. You really should start a "journal", you can learns tons from other people and share your thoughts and ideas too.

There are certain "rules" for a thread title in the grow room, but I try to use something catchy hence "popping my cherry" to grab your eye so people may click on it. The more traffic on your grow, the more people are likely to stop by and offer advice. It has helps me tremendously! 5 months ago I had no idea what i was doing, my last visit with the pot fairy was 20yrs ago on high-school!

Thanks Colesdad. That IS helpful. I've been scrolling around for hours trying to get the hang of it. I'll get. I'm persistent, if nothing else. I guess you know my pain. Lol:volcano-smiley:

What a difference a year can make, Poundcake. Lolol :thumb: Thanks for looking out!

The SCD with the softball sized cola is coming out this afternoon. That's going to be such an easy trim, I can't wait!! lol

The two SSH get one last week and then the ax. I'm thinking a week and clones will be rooted nicely. Time to start the move indoors.
This should be in my journal, not here.... Sub up, Poundcake.:thumb:

The SCD with the softball sized cola is coming out this afternoon. That's going to be such an easy trim, I can't wait!! lol

The two SSH get one last week and then the ax. I'm thinking a week and clones will be rooted nicely. Time to start the move indoors.
This should be in my journal, not here.... Sub up, Poundcake.:thumb:

Ha! I thought you said the ssh came out this weekend. Man your gonna run out of tent. Seriously , you've got a job ahead of you trimming those.

Back
Top Bottom