A little advice on a cloning problem

Copperfield

Hi all, I’m new to growing this year so I’m learning as I go. I’m finishing off my first grow in soil then moving to hydro. I took my first run of clones and had no issues just using cloning gel and putting them straight into cloner. This time round I’ve took the clones, used rooting gel and then put them into small pre soaked rockwool cubes and then into the cloner. Rooting solution ph 5.8 and the cubes were soaked with the same solution. Temps and humidity are good, but one clones stem has gone mushy where it enters the foam collar of the cloner. Also the small cubes seam really wet. Am I doing something wrong this time around or is it just one of those things? Here’s a picture of the cloner to help.

I’ve also got a grow journal if that helps you guys out, the link is in my signature. Hope you can put my mind at rest. Thx all, BC

Wouldn't cull them mate. Just keep pluggin on. Personally I'd just turn the cloner off untill there's roots showing through. Spray them with a bottle to feed once they dry out a bit. Once the roots are sorted turnt the bubbles back on.
Not really meant to use rockwools in those. Just the cloner collar and a stem but it'll work. If they don't all damp off and die lol.

Wouldn't cull them mate. Just keep pluggin on. Personally I'd just turn the cloner off untill there's roots showing through. Spray them with a bottle to feed once they dry out a bit. Once the roots are sorted turnt the bubbles back on.
Not really meant to use rockwools in those. Just the cloner collar and a stem but it'll work. If they don't all damp off and die lol.
Thx mate, sorted the cloner out and got a spray bottle ph’d with some root stimulator in. Gave each cube a little squeeze to get a bit of the fluid out, guess I’ll see how they go.
:)

Thx mate, sorted the cloner out and got a spray bottle ph’d with some root stimulator in. Gave each cube a little squeeze to get a bit of the fluid out, guess I’ll see how they go.
:)
Yeah mate, that should be sound. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't pull back :)
Have you ever heard of "air layering" ?
A method of cloning I'd never heard of untill last month.
You score the branch/stem you want. Make wee slashes all over it.
Rub in some clonex.
wrap a rockwool round it with tinfoil or whatever as long as it stops light and keeps it moist.
You can make clones whatever size you want while they're still on the plant.
once they're ready just chop and plant. The roots are already there!

google air layering mate and be prepared to have your mind blown :)

Yeah mate, that should be sound. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't pull back :)
Have you ever heard of "air layering" ?
A method of cloning I'd never heard of untill last month.
You score the branch/stem you want. Make wee slashes all over it.
Rub in some clonex.
wrap a rockwool round it with tinfoil or whatever as long as it stops light and keeps it moist.
You can make clones whatever size you want while they're still on the plant.
once they're ready just chop and plant. The roots are already there!

google air layering mate and be prepared to have your mind blown :)
Thx for your help mate, you’ve been a god send.
No I’ve never heard of air laying. I’ll give that a look. I’ve still got my Bruce Banner and Critical Orange Punch I could try that out on now I’ve got replacements for them.

:ganjamon: BC

Thx for your help mate, you’ve been a god send.
No I’ve never heard of air laying. I’ll give that a look. I’ve still got my Bruce Banner and Critical Orange Punch I could try that out on now I’ve got replacements for them.

:ganjamon: BC
You're very welcome mate. You can take clones at any stage from pretty much any part of the plant that hasn't turned to wood. Late veg/early flip being best.

That orange punch sounds nice. Only orangey one I've done was passion fruit. Was more orange than anything else but
dying to do a true orange something to see what the fuss is all about lol.
tried an orange diesel that was pretty mental. Was more like an orange cough though. As ruff as dry toast on the comedown but the throat burn tasted like pure oranges lol

You're very welcome mate. You can take clones at any stage from pretty much any part of the plant that hasn't turned to wood. Late veg/early flip being best.

That orange punch sounds nice. Only orangey one I've done was passion fruit. Was more orange than anything else but
dying to do a true orange something to see what the fuss is all about lol.
tried an orange diesel that was pretty mental. Was more like an orange cough though. As ruff as dry toast on the comedown but the throat burn tasted like pure oranges lol
Yeah the Orange ouch looks fantastic. Soon as I saw the picture I was hooked mate....lol I hope it’s a bit of a smoother smoke than that :laugh:

Hopefully this is the next grow and first hydro grow. Can’t wait :)

Yeah the Orange ouch looks fantastic. Soon as I saw the picture I was hooked mate....lol I hope it’s a bit of a smoother smoke than that :laugh:

Hopefully this is the next grow and first hydro grow. Can’t wait :)
Ahh its dutch passion. Ive done their passion fruit which im fairly sure is the same orange bud parent. Wasnt the strongest but by christ it was lovely. Love me some dp gear like. Their photo night queen is one of the strongest things ive ever smoked. Definately the strongest ive grown myself. Got their glueberry auto drying just now too. Thats a nice one. Takes ages for the blueberry to come back but its worth the wait :)

I can’t wait till I’m smoking my own , will be worth the wait.

Is it possible Barney to transfer clones rooted in soil into large rockwool cubes? They are about 4 or 5 nodes and healthy. I have 6 GSC clones I’m getting rid of and I wonder if it was worth a try for next grow as a back up if I lose the clones in the cloner.
Doesnt sound like a great idea to be honest mate. Thats a lot of plant to be smashing the roots on.

Back
Top Bottom