Clones not rooting

High humidity & a constant warm temp between 26c to 30c.

Roots sprout from the node of the cutting & not the stem... always have a node at base of cutting.

High humidity & a constant warm temp between 26c to 30c.

Roots sprout from the node of the cutting & not the stem... always have a node at base of cutting.

I beg to differ. Roots will come out of a stem as well as a node.

I beg to differ. Roots will come out of a stem as well as a node.

That they can come from the stem... but greater success of cuttings rooting is when an internode is placed into grow cube/jiffy pellet or what ever form you choose to root clones in.

all my clones root from the stem but last night i took 20 from the internode and 20 from the stem i will seee wich 1 roots the fasts and get some pics up

That they can come from the stem... but greater success of cuttings rooting is when an internode is placed into grow cube/jiffy pellet or what ever form you choose to root clones in.

I too make sure that I bury a node, but I still see more roots come from the stem rather than the node.

I am just baffled at how I can grow plants just fine. Yet like 80 attempts of cloning have resulted in 2 clones. I have tryed in rockwool, perlite, soil, jiffy pucks, DWC, aero... The only 2 that ever worked took over a month to root and it was quite saddening :(.

make sure ur cuts are with clean sterile blade and dip immediately into water. Then make another 45degree cut and dip in water, place straight in aerocloner with NO rooting hormone. 100% succes guaranteed.

My current setup Chris is a small 24 unit aero cloner, with two airstones in it.

The water is RO water with a couple drops of some SNS flower and veg nutes and a little B-1. Its really just 99% water as I only added small amounts of those things. There is also a tiny bit of IBA (rooting powder) in the water.

The temps range from 75-81 degrees.

The timer was on 46 seconds on 4.6 minutes off. I just switched it to 46 seconds on 6.1 minutes off though as I noticed a small bit of water logging in the stem.

PH ranges from 5.5-6.2

PPH is 120-150.

Light is a 23 watt cfl 6500k spectrum about 8-10 inches away from clones. It was on 24/7 however it was not working and I am now on 16/8 lighting.

Water on constantly, no nutes or rooting powder. check out my journal. I really am an expert at taking cuttings, been doing it ten years and i produce atleast 300/400 per month pm me if u like.

I took some cuttings from a widow put them in a jar of water for fun no nutes or anything 14 days later several had roots so I planted doing fine now. These plants really want to live just thought I'd share

all i use is RO water no nutes i tryed it to but all my clone roted i dont ph the the water ether

take off the timer i let my aero cloner do what it wonts to i justed add a airstones to my stuff just to see if it will root fast

i have not use rooting powder i dont see how it would even work in a aero cloner (but i may be wrong) for me its the Rooting Gel

i tryed temps 80-85 degrees all i did was got slime 68-72 degrees 75 degrees if i let the water drop down in the cloner

i have tryed a lot of stuff and losted mosted of what i was doing i tryed the nutes the timer hight temps PH from 5.5-7.0 spray the clones 3 or 4 times a day

i use
RO water cal mag 2mil no ph
Aquarium Heater 68-72 degrees
Rootech Cloning Gel
i get roots in 7-9 days
for light 4f 6 Bulbs T5 in there over the moms and the cloner gets a little light off the side of the moms 16/8

the 36 site clone king i put the rooted clones in it and give nutes in tell i put thim in the flood table (get some good roots be for i go to 12/12)
Thanks for posting. How much of the cloning Gel do you use? Am going to try this for a second time as I am on well water and had my first clones get hit with slime. I think it was because of my Temps being too high. Will try what you have posted and see if I have better luck

Thanks for posting. How much of the cloning Gel do you use? Am going to try this for a second time as I am on well water and had my first clones get hit with slime. I think it was because of my Temps being too high. Will try what you have posted and see if I have better luck
Check out my cloning tutorial link in my signature. I can help you get your cuts rooted if you have any questions give me a holler

Hey bud, @shottafire . has a great video on how to clone. Ive been cloning for a long time and i still learned some things from it. That dude can definitely root anything. Hope this helps
Thanks sparkey!

Back
Top Bottom