A Plethera of Strainz

PirateSteve

Whats up 420MAG!!! First time member, long time reader/watcher/admirer! Left another forum to see if I can make (better) friendz here! I'm going to try my 5th grow right now, and was wondering if y'all can follow along and give some guidance or some constructive critisizm-I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm self taught by reading lotz of info, trial and error, and from askin other grow buddies questions. Not trying to say I'm a pro, or anything like that... but I like to say my knowledge is average...hopefully a little above average..lmao.. Basically, if it sounded like a good idea, I probably talked myself into believing its true and went for it! LAMO Alot of trialz...

So, I think I have a decent set up... not the best but it works for me:
400w switchable mh/hps
SunSystem Yiled Master II
400w Digital Lumatek Ballast
Oracle 6" 445 cfm Inline Fan
PlantMax Lamps mh/hps
and a 3'x5'x6'7"h Grow Lab by Home Box

I'll be growing with Fox Farmz Ocean Forest and I plan to add Grow Big in about 3 weekz time. But for now until I can get myself to the shop, the plants are being sustained by a 6500k shop light which I'm surprised... is doing quite well. First time for everything...

Other than that... Here is the cast for this grow journal:

(This is the first time I'm posting/posting picturez... so please bear with me... kinda confusing for this simple stoner mind...they seem kinda big, so if people have a problem with the size, or I need to resize to smaller.. can ya explain how? lmao)

IMG_033513.JPG

From left to right... we have 2 small Godz Gift Clones I took (long sad story; I'll share with you guys later)
Next we have Alien White Fire OG (excited about this one!)
Then Rocklock OG
And Sensi Star in the first pic...

IMG_03379.JPG

The second pic...which you guyz are probably trippin on... is my Purple Master in the dog bowl, and to the right of that, we have a Bubba OG. I believe I'll have other strainz coming soon...

Okokok... so lemme explain the dog bowl...
I'm going to try and do an LST/Bonsai plant!!! So the reason for the dog bowl, is because itz long and about an inch deep; trying to simulate a bonsai type pot and it costs .99cents and it was the only thing I found small enough that wasnt a see-through plastic tupperware. Figured I try it out and possibly try to "train" it some what, and spend the money later on a nice bonsai pot if I decide to keep it like that. I'm trying to be the white boy version of Mr. Myagi! Ha!

So yea I know I'm not going to get a big yield, I know I'm stunting the plant, and I know the roots are going to be all bound... its just for art purposes only. So here are some picturez of the Bonsai:
IMG_03239.JPG

IMG_032911.JPG

IMG_03309.JPG

IMG_03327.JPG
IMG_033310.JPG

So go on and bring on the dog bowl jokez!!! My ol lady makez fun of me... so itz nothing I can't handle! LMFAO! Sorry for the phone pictures... got me a bad ass dslr camera that I just need to import the photoz to make more room. Thatz soon to come... just after I smoke this bowl...
-PirateSteve

Re: A Plethera of Strainz...

oops..dang hit the wrong button...

Re: A Plethera of Strainz...

Wow, first time I've seen a dog bowl used to grow cannabis. I've never grown "Rocklock" myself but I did grow a few cycles of WARLOCK which is what they crossed "ROCKSTAR" with to make "ROCKLOCK". The plants got massive with huge sticky buds that smelled like fruit and had pink hairs when fully matured. It was a good producing strain. You would have been better off growing just plain Warlock from Magus Genetics. Personally, I've moved on, I'm growing all Tahoe OG, Larry OG, Pre98 Bubba BX2, Lemon Diesel,OG X Chem and Cataract Kush. Not a big fan of the Sativas. In Oregon, we have to grow Sativas indoors because they never finish in time outdoors. Besides that, Chem and OG taste the best and give me the best pain relief in my back. To each his own.

***I notice you use the YIELD MASTER II. I have 2 of those hooked up in line except I use 1000 watt EYE Hortilux and SunMasters to try to give it a more balanced natural light. The EYE seems too blue and the Sunmaster is too Orange, but together they kick ass.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom