Treehorn's Grow - Season One - Fall 2013

Treehorn

Welcome to the journal for my first grow. The grow is ambitious to say the least. I am aware of the complications and don't know what I don't know - My first serious grow. The specs are:

Treehorn Season One - Fall 2013
Featuring:
  • Red Dragon
  • Pineapple Chunk
  • Afgan Kush
  • Northern Lights
  • THC Bomb
  • NYC Diesel
(All fems, some auto)

5 X 5 Tent
(In stealth urban environment)

Asst Lamps PRN

Asst Nutes PRN

Titan Edd & Flow system w/ 6 sites.

1026d.jpg

Resting under CFL (8 x 26w @ 5k @ 18/6) are five seedlings. One more is in GERM and will be joining them in a day or so. They sit here 6 days since their first watch bath for 1.5 days and 2 days between paper towels. Looks like we have had 100% germ on the beans we got in the mail from The Single Seed Centre. Shipping was awesome and arrived in 6 days with no rush ordered. (Imagine THAT! :thumb:)

We were happy to see how quickly the beans germinated and were ready to get into some medium. They sit in clear hot dog boxes (fast food type) and have been drained of excess water since the taking of these pics. Ive removed the tops of the hot dog boxes for a day or so so that it dries out a bit. I removed a .25 of water from the base of the hot dog boxes as the Ready Root was 'wicking' and staying a little too wet in my novice opinion. You can see how moist it was in some of the pics. Here are the first baby pictures of my grow.

1026a.jpg

1026c.jpg

1026b.jpg

I'm grateful to have a local hydro store in my town. Actually we have a few but some act like I'm from the FDA when I walk in. His advise about losing some of the standing water will no doubt be a good bit of guidance.. I'm hoping so anyway. That's it for now. Please comment and thanks for reading my notes. As excited as I am, I'm trying to do this as scientific as possible so I can track any wrong turns I take.
More later.

Treehorn.

Hello Treehorn (Jackie Treehorn) :) you may risk damping off having those seedlings in propagators especially as your plugs are wicking up water but I have used those plugs before they are very good but dry out so quick, I would suggest keeping your propagators (hot dog boxes) but make several holes in them so the humidity isn't as high and don't let any water sit in the bottom, just water as needed.

OK.. Roots have begun to come out of the Rapid Root cubes and some of the babies are stretched. So today they all get new homes. I moved the cubes into 4" pots incased in clay pellets. Now the roots can grow in the dark and reach out and grow. To address the stretch I've moved lights much closer. Now the CFLs are <2" from the babies. Since I'm seeing root action I'm thinking of this Rapid Start root stim from General Hydroponics. I got a sample from the local hydro store and thinking of using it at 50% strength in a day or so. Anyone had experience with Rapid Start?

OK... 11 days since the last pics and only a few changes. Added a 400w MH to the mix and lights are still 18/6. Ive added a solution of Rapid Start to the babies. First 30% strength and as of today, about 75%. Read about CO2 and such.. introduced C02 in water as a spray 2x per day. Should I stop watering for a while? I've read that some folks let things totally dry out but Im somewhat afraid to do that. Thoughts ?
1105g.JPG
1105f.JPG
1105e.JPG
1105d.JPG
1105c.JPG
1105b.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom