Misslady - Beginner - Soil - Regular 50 - 2013

misslady

So I'm actually really anxious at typing this out right now.. I'm so nervous to start this journey!

I recently moved into a house, I've currently got a grow box with four areas for lights and three 12v fans (two at the bottom and one at the top).
No special strain, just some 50 bud. MG soil. Temp is a steady 72, no special fertilizers yet as they were just planted in starter cups last week. Water only when the medium isn't moist.

I'm running into a few problems, however. I wanted this to be an overall test run to make sure I could get some basics down before I went all out on a good strain.

My current problems include:
There's little bugs near the bottom of the stems, and I'm worried that they might be the reason why some of the leaves are shorter than the others.
Can I replant them into different cups? Will this effect the plants since theyre so young?
Secondly, what are some standard type of light bulbs I can get that will work well in the veg state?

This is my first time ever doing this, and I realize there is alot more that I didn't realize went into everything, of course.

ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE SO GREAT. I will have some pictures up of everything as soon as I can.

Re: Misslady,Beginner/Soil/Regular 50/2013

subscribed. without any photographs or age of your plants it is difficult to recommend transplanting. transplanting can carefully be done with small plants, any stress to the roots could kill your plants. what size pots are your cannabis plants in? how old are your plants? 6500 kelvin cool white Florescent lights can be used for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white florescent lights can be used for flowering. a High Intensity Discharge Metal Halide light can also be used for vegetative growth (vigorous vegetative growth). A High Intensity Discharge High Pressure Sodium light bulb can be used for flowering. larger amount of lumens usually works out to larger yields. for soil insects I use diatomaceous earth as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs in your journal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Subscribed, pics would definitely help, and that diatomaceous earth is some good stuff, and quite cheap. MG nutes will work for cannabis, but they lack micro nutrients, such as calcium, and magnesium. Having said that, MG is not exactly ideal for cannabis, but if you supplement with a micro feed, you can still use it with good results.

I thought I could do a grow using just miracle grow soil and nutes,

You can check my thread to see how that went, I actually transplanted my baby into 100% perlite after a month long battle with MG.

It's fine for plants in veg, But once they flower they start needing more nutes that MG just doesn't provide.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom